List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also gave up our second that year for Hanners.

We had pick 6 and got Howard and Ryder as well. Could have had us in the very good picks.

If you want to see how it's done look at Richmond in that draft. Got Dow who looks like he's a much better player than his brother, Cumberland (rising star nominee) who looks like he'll be an absolute superstar and Hugo Ralphsmith (rising star nominee) who also looks like he'll be at least above GOP.

The clubs that chose to draft have now all over taken us and Paddy is at the end and apparently the club is looking around at tall backs with the possibility that Howard would then be out.

If we'd taken Hayden Young we'd have a star HBF for another 10 years, Hill looks like he has another 2 at best and hopefully gets pushed out by a kid before then.
I would bet Tyler Sonsie becomes a star as well. Unbelievable he dropped so low

The fact we only have 1 player in the 22&Under side yet sit outside the 8 is a huge concern.
Need to draft and trade as much elite young talent as possible.

I stopped being concerned about these media awards when I actually thought about who's picking them.

Obviously yes we need to keep bringing in young talent but I don't think we're too badly placed with our <22 crew.

Should we be looking at Grundy?

Would probably only cost 1 first round pick due to his contract.

I think Grundy and Marshall would complement each other beautifully.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think it'd be worth it. RoMa's best work is in the ruck, by miles. He's not a great forward.

Would rather go after Lobb if we don't think that RoMa+Hayes is the right combo next year.

I would bet Tyler Sonsie becomes a star as well. Unbelievable he dropped so low

He looks a gun. My Richmond mate reckons he's going to be a superstar. He reckons he's killing it at VFL level. Actually just checked. Looks like you might be right.

I stopped being concerned about these media awards when I actually thought about who's picking them.

Obviously yes we need to keep bringing in young talent but I don't think we're too badly placed with our <22 crew.

We deliberately chose to top up because we blew the drafting 5 to 10 years back. We gave up the draft to chase a generation that was missing and we are now missing the quality kids that would have come in that period.

I think it looks as though Libba wasn't much of an upgrade on Trout either. King looks like the only player under 22 that deserves a spot so far. Owen, Nas and Windy did enough to suggest they could join them but most of the others just aren't that good.

Actually when I looked at the list King is 22 already as is Sharman. Under 22 are Byrnes, Connolly, Allison, Heath, Naz, Windy, Adams, Owens and Peris. It's a pretty bare cupboard.

Only last years kids look likely to be probable best 22 players long term.

The fact we only have 1 player in the 22&Under side yet sit outside the 8 is a huge concern.
Need to draft and trade as much elite young talent as possible.
Hopefully next year Owens, Windhager and NWM are in there, and we pick up three more of them in this year's draft.
Not asking too much is it?

He looks a gun. My Richmond mate reckons he's going to be a superstar. He reckons he's killing it at VFL level. Actually just checked. Looks like you might be right.

Sometimes footy is fairly simple. He is quick, good skills, can win contested footy and clearances. It's rare to have a player with all of those attributes

Sometimes footy is fairly simple. He is quick, good skills, can win contested footy and clearances. It's rare to have a player with all of those attributes

I was happy to take him with our Naz pick. I think they got him in the 20s or something. He had a kind of disappointing draft year but not enough to drift out that far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a bit of a left field pick up, what about Lachlan Sullivan from Footscray's VFL. He stuffed up his mid season draft form and missed out but had interest. He's a plug and play mid and their captain so should have some leadership that we need.

Rhys Mathieson still racks them up when playing VFL too and I think he's looked pretty good in the seniors this year. He's a ball of energy which would be good for us. We play like we've dropped some mogodons most weeks.

Rhys Mathieson still racks them up when playing VFL too and I think he's looked pretty good in the seniors this year. He's a ball of energy which would be good for us. We play like we've dropped some mogodons most weeks.
That's why we need this bloke firing :cool:

1536663386118_GMM1QQOPN.1-2.jpg

Better yet; let's bring back Graeme Bond

82663.G_Bond.png

For a bit of a left field pick up, what about Lachlan Sullivan from Footscray's VFL. He stuffed up his mid season draft form and missed out but had interest. He's a plug and play mid and their captain so should have some leadership that we need.

Both are 25 and upside is limited , we are in need of game changing midfielders not run of the mill midfielders.
Either use our draft picks on a star or attempt to get higher in the draft to score a top line draft pick.

Should we be looking at Grundy?

Would probably only cost 1 first round pick due to his contract.

I think Grundy and Marshall would complement each other beautifully.

If Collingwood are going to pay part of his contract, you would at least ask the question.

I prefer Marshall as a number 1 ruck rather than forward but Grundy is definitely too good of a player to turn down.

I just wish billings would play like he did in his first 50 games! He was electric, exciting and took the game on.

Now 15 of his 20 odd disposals are either sideways or backwards.

Unsure if he'll ever recapture his early form so I'd happily move him on to improve our draft order or to pick up another kid.

He's never been able to stare down his dragons unfortunately.
Since he's been allowed to stay in his safe space for the last 6 years it's doubtful IMO that he's able to extricate himself from it so far as football goes.

Whoever gets highmore for peanuts is gonna look like a genius when he kills it at AFL level.

It's gonna be us getting membrey for free in reverse.

For better or worse we are committed to wilkie, battle and howard longterm- plus coffield to return somewhere/somehow.

I personally think all those guys are quality backmen individually, but any combination of them in the 22 together leaves us with a weak backline if we are trying to be a top 4 team in the next few years.

We've painted ourselves into a corner by drafting all the same kind of player.
Plus howard who is tall... but no good at wearing an opponent like a glove- so he in effect plays the same as wilkie, highmore, battle, coffield despite his height.

Really poor list management- this is why you don't solely draft for "best available" with absolutely zero regard for what you already have (or expect to have).

Both are 25 and upside is limited , we are in need of game changing midfielders not run of the mill midfielders.
Either use our draft picks on a star or attempt to get higher in the draft to score a top line draft pick.

You can't move up without giving something up. We are just going to have to use the draft well. No more weird stuff. The guys I mentioned are more depth. Replace Hanners and Kent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back