Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This year? Was in and out injured all year, but prior to this year, played 79 games over the course of 5 years - so an average of around 16 games a year. Not too shabby for mine.
There's absolutely stuff to be excited about, and it's not like Gold Coast have a great track record on when to hold and when to fold. But the pattern for this kind of stuff is we spend all summer pumping these guys and then get irate because they're not the second coming of Polly Farmer.

Oh and if everyone was wondering why I'm spruiking Bowes so much - it's because I essentially see him as a Duncan clone - who has basically been in my Top 3 players for the last half a decade. 187cm, can play defence and mid, elite kick, racks up possession, balanced on the inside and outside...he's basically a 24 year old Duncan, haha

We will split Pick 7 with someone like GWS for two late first rounders which will be on traded for Henry and Bruhn. Our future 2nd Round will go to Gold Coast for Bowes and pick 7. So essentially we receive Henry, Bruhn and Bowes for our future 2nd round pick! And we keep our 2022 and 2023 first round picks. Genius.

The other option as i suggested above is we use our future 1st and second for bruhn and bowes, later picks for future 2nd somewhere and draft at 7.

But yes we could do 7 for say 15 and 19 (19 goes for henry and 18 bruhn and keep 15 for draft plus our future 1st) or say 12 and bruhn for 7 then 18 henry and keep our future 1st. So theres options..depends on how much we value 7 over a future 1st.

There's absolutely stuff to be excited about, and it's not like Gold Coast have a great track record on when to hold and when to fold. But the pattern for this kind of stuff is we spend all summer pumping these guys and then get irate because they're not the second coming of Polly Farmer.

Nah I'm not in that camp. I've watched him for a long time, and I know he's quality. He won't be the difference like a Jez or Danger, but he absolutely will make our side better and play 200+ games if he stays fit, IMO

Oh and if everyone was wondering why I'm spruiking Bowes so much - it's because I essentially see him as a Duncan clone - who has basically been in my Top 3 players for the last half a decade. 187cm, can play defence and mid, elite kick, racks up possession, balanced on the inside and outside...he's basically a 24 year old Duncan, haha

what he ilike on the setshot. One of the the things I love about Mitch is he is a good kick than convert. Under appreciated.

Bowes has arguably chosen the hard road, rather than the easy way out.

He was getting his 1.6m regardless of where he played his footy but has chosen our culture and no guarantees of a regular game over being closer to best 22 at the Hawks and Dons. Respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a time to be a Cats fan.

It's approaching fever dream territory.

Imagine this being touted after the prelim flogging Melbourne gave us last year...

- We're going to play an exciting brand of football that is pretty to watch and more importantly, damn effective at that.

- We're going to discover young guns all across the park, with a new superstar key back and small forward the pick of the bunch.

- We're going to have 5 All Australians, capitalising on a dominant 18-4 season where no one gets close to us after the month of June.

- We're going to win the prelim and Grand Final in emphatic fashion, and send out a club legend in the best way imaginable.

.....Then

- We'll secure the services of 3 highly touted youngsters, with pick 7 coming across as well virtually free of charge (draft pick wise)

This club is incredible

Bowes has arguably chosen the hard road, rather than the easy way out.

He was getting his 1.6m regardless of where he played his footy but has chosen our culture and no guarantees of a regular game over being closer to best 22 at the Hawks and Dons. Respect.
when you look at the hawfies with the racism scandel and essendon being a basketcase Geelong seems like a much easier choice.

But who with... and how many academy picks will be called. Its a known. Trade 7 to the wrong side and it could be p20. If North want to trade for it then I might get interested.
Better Taller talent that isn't NGA and F/S linked next year so maybe the crows or even the Hawks

when you look at the hawfies with the racism scandel and essendon being a basketcase Geelong seems like a much easier choice.
Exactly. I am amazed at how many people were saying "oh but they can offer him so much game time" yeah and maybe after being at a shit club like GC who keep taking Ls, he doesn't want to go to another club that will keep losing.

We will split Pick 7 with someone like GWS for two late first rounders which will be on traded for Henry and Bruhn. Our future 2nd Round will go to Gold Coast for Bowes and pick 7. So essentially we receive Henry, Bruhn and Bowes for our future 2nd round pick! And we keep our 2022 and 2023 first round picks. Genius.
Pick 7 will be walked straight to draft night and used on Jhye Clark (if he's still available). Hawthorn might be the worry at Pick 6.

Either way, we'll use that pick wisely and end up with a very good player.

Spot on mate! What took him so long? :tearsofjoy:
If I was speculating I'd say he had a bigger offer money wise and took a bit of extra time.

It's approaching fever dream territory.

Imagine this being touted after the prelim flogging Melbourne gave us last year...

- We're going to play an exciting brand of football that is pretty to watch and more importantly, damn effective at that.

- We're going to discover young guns all across the park, with a new superstar key back and small forward the pick of the bunch.

- We're going to have 5 All Australians, capitalising on a dominant 18-4 season where no one gets close to us after the month of June.

- We're going to win the prelim and Grand Final in emphatic fashion, and send out a club legend in the best way imaginable.

.....Then

- We'll secure the services of 3 highly touted youngsters, with pick 7 coming across as well virtually free of charge (draft pick wise)

This club is incredible
Ridiculous, savour this time because it doesn't get much better following a club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back