Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 7 will be walked straight to draft night and used on Jhye Clark (if he's still available). Hawthorn might be the worry at Pick 6.

Either way, we'll use that pick wisely and end up with a very good player.

Maybe.
Remember if we split 7 now so long as we keep our future 1st we can still trade up on the night.
Eg 12 and bruhn for 7.
Then on the night if you want to target a player who is there you can always offer 12 and future 1st to get back in the top 10, if whoever we want is sliding just take them at 12 anyway and keep the future 1st.
Not saying we should just saying it shouldnt be ruled out.
Will depend on whether our recruiters think theres a clear top 7 then a drop off or even first 15-that will determine if we are willing to split 7 or not

If we consider the clubs involved in the Bowes process. GCS, us, Hawks and Bombers.

all before bids.

Hawks: 6 and 24
Suns: 5 (rankine) and 25
Bombers: 4 and 22
Us: 7 and 18

Temporarily anyway, before we commit to Bruhn and Henry we have a better draft hand than the teams that finished 12th, 13th and 15th.
Utterly bonkers stuff after winning a flag.

I can't recall a better time to be a Cats fan to be honest :think: :moustache:

If we back ourselves in to be top 2 again next year then trade the future 1st.
If we think we will miss finals (thats unlikely admittedly)thats when you would do everything to protect the future 1st.
We now have lots of options though once bowrs is done which is great.

Possibly. But we may not need to.

Amazing nowadays how a young kid can effectively call the shots (via his manager) and make it known where he wants to play. Happens regularly with interstate kids drafted by their local clubs, and I think it might be a factor with Clark. Is an interstate club going to waste a pick on a kid who's manager says "he wants to stay home so draft him at your own peril". And for all other clubs, the dark cloud, which is the Geelong go home factor, looms larger now than it perhaps ever has.

Plenty going on behind the scenes - but I think clubs with picks ahead of Geelong will be very wary of drafting Clark if those discussions are had. And it happens a lot more than what we're made aware. Pick 7 should be enough, and I think both Geelong and Clark will have a good idea on how things stand.

Im not sure clark can scare off hawthorn. Very different to scaring off interstate clubs. But time will tell.

Apparently Bowes contract to be 4 year. I expect he would have asked for a good front ending (that reads slightly weird) because he was due the money which is fair enough. I would think it is logical for the club to go something like $1m + 500 + 400 + 400 or similar. We've got a lot of guys getting a pay rise on their next contract so best to clear a chunk of what Bowes is owed right now. Stengle, Close, Atkins, Zuthrie, SDK and so forth.

You don't get poleaxed by Mummy in a full frontal WWE style tackle, and then play for another 5+ years, if you're soft
I think that shook him for a long while though actually. Anyway, I'm not here to have a go at Duncan. The query by some on Bowes is his hardness, most acknowledge his skill but for a midfield he isn't an inside bull, I don't think he needs to be for us and will be able to play a role much like Duncan has.

I think that shook him for a long while though actually. Anyway, I'm not here to have a go at Duncan. The query by some on Bowes is his hardness, most acknowledge his skill but for a midfield he isn't an inside bull, I don't think he needs to be for us and will be able to play a role much like Duncan has.

He's a mix of inside and outside, so he's not an out and out bull like Sel or Danger, but he goes when he needs to, like a Dunc or even Bartel in years gone by. Jimmy obviously tougher, but again, Bowes has that ability to play so many different positions and play them with skill, that he's basically a Duncan clone for mine with elements of Jimmy mixed in. Remains to be seen if he can bring that every week and stay injury free, but the talent and the ability is there - and he'll absolutely crack in when he needs to.

EDIT: Actually, Danger said it in his interview too - which I didn't even realize, haha -

1664948128429.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to think that if Hopper chose us, I wonder if would have been possible to land all of Bowes, Bruhn, Henry and P7.

Up for debate which would be better, but I would take the current outcome, assuming it goes to expectation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said at the time that we dodged a bullet by not taking their contracted player, as GWS would absolutely dig in as they've been raided so much in recent times. Warned the Tiggies when they got all cocky about it too, and now we see what they'll have to deal with. Bruhn, Henry, Bowes, Pick 7 and possibly McKenna, is far better than what could have just been Hopper and maybe McKenna - as we wouldn't have had salary nor the picks.

Nice one Jack Bowes; I was on the fence as ever, but now that we've got the Cairns Kid on the list I am backing him in %100 - hopefully we get to see that delicious baulk in action in the seniors sooner rather than later.

Get around him!!!

Interesting to think that if Hopper chose us, I wonder if would have been possible to land all of Bowes, Bruhn, Henry and P7.

Up for debate which would be better, but I would take the current outcome, assuming it goes to expectation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Hopper choosing us probably scared the rest off. Bruhn for one probably nominates Hawks for opportunity. Henry 50/50 would think we'd not have the capital and signs on. Bowes we couldn't afford the contract.

Hopper won't choose Geelong (IMO) because the Catters won't pay him what he wants. The Cats don't pay overs.
Which is why him not choosing us gave us the cash, picks, and opportunity to land Bowes, Henry, and Bruhn respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back