Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do have a lot of those inside types though. I remember a big critique of their list this year was how many one paced sub 185cm midfielders they had. Granted they're trading out Mitchell, but they've still got Newcombe and Ward who are both pretty similar types to Clark.

If I was Hawthorn I'd be going after Phillipou, reckon they need that classy difference maker rather than another inside bull.
Shouldn’t we look at Phillipou? Isn’t he a Bont type?

Interesting to think that if Hopper chose us, I wonder if would have been possible to land all of Bowes, Bruhn, Henry and P7.

Up for debate which would be better, but I would take the current outcome, assuming it goes to expectation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. One is short term gain, the other is long term gain.

Clark was a preferred option provided Bowes (and Pick 7) landed at Geelong.

The club and Selwood (mentoring) have invested time into Jhye already. Strong links and Geelong are very impressed with him and see him as a natural leader.
I'd be stoked with that JJ, but if he's ready gone or we get a sniff Hawks will take him and we are unable to trade up on the night, it won't be a disaster. There will be some serious quality to choose from if we can't land Jhye.

Shouldn’t we look at Phillipou? Isn’t he a Bont type?
Apparently he is but personally I'm just wary of those types. We've seen about 3 good ones in 15 years, the 'next-gen' mid is almost a curse come draft time.

Having said that, the Hawks have already got their one-two punch in Ward and Newcombe, so they're probably more inclined to take the risk on Phillipou being a Bont, and not another Collier-Dawkins, Constable, Hately, Jansen (God the list just goes on and on)

Great get Bowes, looking forward to see what he can do.

Pick 7 ... How sweet is it to finally have another top 10 pick?

Hopefully, we take it straight to the draft and Bowes himself is also a top 10 pick.
Yep, agreed - I think we’ve only had one Top 10 draft pick in the last 13 years, but that one unfortunately turned out to be a waste (Cockatoo played 34 games for us and had very little impact, and was then traded to Brisbane, where he’s providing very limited value for them).

Who are we into with draft pick 7?? Who would people in here like to see us draft

My preference would be in the following order:

1. Wardlaw - exactly the type of mid we need post Selwood. Unlikely he falls to us

2. Phillipou- 192cm contested left footer mid. His highlights show so much potential, very dangerous running into the forward half and completely different to everything young on our list

3. Sheezel - could be the best player of the draft but is a fwd. I’d rather select a mid but he looks like he has the best X factor, Toby greene like

4. Clark - reminds me of parish. Tries very hard around the contest and good leadership but is 180cm and feel he’s similar to what we have (Parfitt Atkins bruhn etc.). Prefer something different like wardlaw (who is the best mid after Ashcroft) or Phillipou. The fact he’s a falcon means zero to me

5. Cadman
6. Tsatas

One of those guys.

At this point the Suns have only said they'd be willing to consider pick 7 in a trade.

Might cost us yet
What worries me is people here are all so wound up that the disappointment when it costs more is going to be intense. Then we get wild takes like “Oh FFS how could Mackie stuff this up so badly it’s obvious we should have just paid less than we did.” It’s coming…

Nothing against him personally but am i the only one in here who isnt excited about getting Bowes, the guy couldnt even get a game in one of the worst sides in the competition, what makes all of you think he's going to be anything different with the premiers? Lots of rose coloured glasses being worn in this thread.

Watch the highlight video on afl.com.au - at about 55 seconds in. Amazing set shot right on the boundary, and such a silky smooth kicking action that actually reminds me of Mitch

Its a nice shot but id like to see him in a few spots where he should get the goal. What I liked was few of the clips leading up to that. The give and the get was inside mid stuff.

Nothing against him personally but am i the only one in here who isnt excited about getting Bowes, the guy couldnt even get a game in one of the worst sides in the competition, what makes all of you think he's going to be anything different with the premiers? Lots of rose coloured glasses being worn in this thread.

Peter Wright and Will Brodie couldn't get a game there either. Next minute...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowes could very well be that big bodied mid, hes a good size already, shown enough in spurts for me to be very excited, I dont rate a sides analysis of talent that puts Brodie,Lyons and Greenwood on the scrap heap so couldn't care less that he wasnt playing for them this year tbh, especially when you consider he had a shoulder injury and was coming from a mile back.

Fair points but I'll back the club in.

If Freo could turn Will Brodie into a star then I've got no doubts we can do the same with Bowes. Very similar in regards to talent, you could even argue Bowes has more natural gifts and skill.

That's what we do, we make players better. If we can turn state league players into superstars then I'll back that we can turn a former pick 10 into at minimum a solid AFL player.

Does the acronym 2MP mean nothing to you??

Scott is going to have to get creative to manage the younger cohort. How do we get enough games into Bruhn, Henry, Dempsey, Neale, Stephens so they are happy and progressing and not brooding discontented in the twos as the Premiership heroes play on.I think Knevitt and Conway are probably ok, as they need more time.

We need these guys to take over in two years.

Next year is going to be a very tricky transition year.

This is the big challenge he faces in rebuilding the list now.
Agree. Look in some way it is a nice problem to have vs staring into that mythical cliff. Those players want to be a part of a strong team in 3-4 years so this helps that.

But yes next year is tricky. Maybe not so much for second year players as I reckon they will have patience as long they think they are getting a chance to extend beyond 2023.

But for cooper Stephens I think it is really challenging. I honestly don’t know how they manage that unless he backs himself to stay ahead of any of the 3 new trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back