Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

That's for Adelaide to work out, I don't care. If JHF wants to return home we are not doing what is best for NMFC if we don't ask Adelaide what they can offer. It may even get Port's attention and force them to offer what we want and not what they are willing part with.

Even Adelaide’s f1 is likely to be better than Port’s firsts anyway in a better draft too.

Stop verballing me.

Club presidents do not approach vulnerable families of first year rookies at opposition clubs. He crossed the line.

This wont be a 'fair' trade if it happens. Your club's behaviour has ensured that.
No, of course not, never any speculation about bringing the GC King back to Victoria right? Or Geelong NEVER spoke to Bruhn? Collingwood to Henry? Or Bulldogs to Boyd? No one EVER approached them ever.

Deluded.

Going to leave the value discussion alone, because that has been done to death on all sides.

Just on the topic of whether the trade will actually happen:

Appears you don't have the draft capital to satisfy North, and unless I'm mistaken the only way you will is giving up players of value which Port are within their rights to not want to give up. So it's back to square one.

As it stands, I can't see how JHF gets Port at the moment.

We have the draft capital and im personally pretty confident we will dig a little deeper to satisfy WCE and get north pick 2 along with something extra to go with it to balance it in Norths favour.

In terms of players though, you cant just ‘give them up’. Players hold the power and would need to agree to a trade. Only our fringe players seeking more opportunity are likely to take up that offer.

Honest question for Port fans ..... If you add JHF, Rioli and Rata to your squad, then work out a best 22, do Bergman and Sinn make the 22.

I'm not sure they do but you guys have more knowledge than me about your list.

If they aren't best 22, they are fringe right?

Honest question for Port fans ..... If you add JHF, Rioli and Rata to your squad, then work out a best 22, do Bergman and Sinn make the 22.

"You're delusional"

0ff3054619252fc5-600x338.jpg

Give up on Port and shop him to the Crows. Pick 5 & 23 plus next year' s first.
When I am overlord of the Drafts and Trading board, anybody who posts stuff like this ignoring the fact that players have to agree to a trade will be permabanned.

Bergman absolutely, Sinn was having troubles with OP and has barely played 1 game so it's hard to just slot him into a best 22 but something like this:

Aliir Clurey Burton
Houston Jonas DBJ
Duursma Wines Bergman
JHF Marshall Butters
Georgiades Dixon Fantasia
Lycett Boak Rozee
Rioli, Bonner, Rata, SPP
Sub: Sinn

Fringe/Young players: Drew, Jones, Hayes, Mead, Burgoyne, Finlayson, Dumont, Farrell

Gray, Motlop and Amon all come out of the 22 no longer at Port.
Fantasia, Lycett and others have injury question marks but on their day would be in the best 22 above.

Sinn or Jones could easily replace DBJ in half a season who's trending down after an AA season.

Dixon, Boak and Jonas probably have 1 season left so there's another 3 spots at seasons end.

Lucky teams don't just have a best 22 and no replacements or younger players coming through that will replace 3-5 by the end of the season anyway.

Sinn was injured all year and is a complete unknown at this stage. He could easily come out next year and be one of our best players

Bergman will be best 22 with Amon role. Bergman can literally play forward mid and back

No, of course not, never any speculation about bringing the GC King back to Victoria right? Or Geelong NEVER spoke to Bruhn? Collingwood to Henry? Or Bulldogs to Boyd? No one EVER approached them ever.

Deluded.
Those ones except boyd all happened for those players after their first contract was over, not after one season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

X2
WCE will want one for Rioli plus pick two and we’ll want another one in addition to pick two for JHF.

At some point Port fans will have to accept reality or the whole thing falls over.

If both WC and North ask for a decent player we would just scrap pick 2 and deal directly with North. 2 firsts and a decent player would get it across the line IMO and no need for WC and pick 2.

X2
WCE will want one for Rioli plus pick two and we’ll want another one in addition to pick two for JHF.

At some point Port fans will have to accept reality or the whole thing falls over.
This is the reason I dont think it gets done. Port need to add a significant amount to there offer.
More than they will be willing to part with. Which is fair enough. I wouldn't want north to be trading multiple young guns + draft picks for one player.
Port should walk away imo.

Yes, both would be expected to be best 22 next year.

If both WC and North ask for a decent player we would just scrap pick 2 and deal directly with North. 2 firsts and a decent player would get it across the line IMO and no need for WC and pick 2.
Yep. Pick 2 feels like it's going to cost more trade capital than it's worth. May as well just send that trade capital to North instead.

Agree 100%

If we want to offer 8 and your F1 to WC for 2 that can be done anytime right up until it's live.

No need to add Rioli in with that.

GWS showed early on they were prepared to burn picks and young talent to get experience on board. I wouldn't think them trading for Griffen would be an accurate reflection of trading in general.

JHF is an elite talent who is still only 19 and contracted. He almost certainly goes 1 in this year's draft too. It most likely takes the biggest haul ever because you are paying for what he could become, not what he is.

Add in the fact that North haven't even been able to benefit from him (unlike WC with Judd and Adelaide with Danger) so why the fk would they accept letting him go for anything less than absolute cream? There's enough young talent on that list that they can make a stand and cop whatever happens in 12 months.
Boyd was a key forward set to be the next dominant forward in the AFL.

The Western Bulldogs were going to pay him 1million a year 7 years ago. Buddy Franklin Money.

And the trade was pick 6 and a declining Ryan Griffen, who was on the verge of quitting football.

If anyone wants to talk up Port's offer as offering big money, 800k a year is not anywhere near the ball park of the Boyd deal.

I get NM are in a world of pain at the moment but their only way out is to keep drafting top end talent who arent flight risks and then plug gaps with fringe players who are seeking more opportunity and arent going to cost much in terms of trade and draft capital (so they cantinue investing in the draft).

On that note making lists of Port players who ‘must be included in any trade’ is a waste of time when the players have no desire to leave (and its hard to imagine any of our first 22 players wanting out to NM) and cant be ‘sent’.

If it were me id be focusing my energy on the draft and securing the best picks I can. Hopefully we can get you guys pick 2 from WCE along with some other juicy draft capital to assist with the rebuild.

I agree we need to overpay in terms of value given the contract situation, but that profit will likely come in the form of draft capital, not players.
I don't think North expect players to come to us at the moment. But you will have to offload players to someone to get the draft capital. You guys keep trying to find ways to add 2 + 2 and get 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back