Competitions The Tontine Challenge back for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Posters long in the tooth, which for this board is about five years, will recall samFFC ran a quirky competition that I would like to revive for this year.

The rules:
1. You pick one winner per round from the nine games and post it here
2. If that pick wins, you continue to the next round but you are unable to pick that team again for any subsequent rounds (until, in the unlikely event of us getting intact to round 18, you start over). If that pick loses, you are dead (except if you have acquired an immunity - see point 4).
3. Each week at the conclusion of the just finished round, I will use the evil online gambling website to nominate the nine favourites for the following week's games.
4. If your pick for that week is not the nominated favourite for their match, and they win, you accumulate an immunity to offset against any future wrong pick that would otherwise kill you
5. If you fail to tip before bouncedown of the first game of the round, you will receive the longest priced roughie as your default pick for the week
6. In the unlikely event of a draw (lol), if you picked the nominated favourite for the match you're dead, if you picked the non-favourite you survive but don't get an immunity for it

Clear as mud? Enter your tip for round 1 before next Thursday night if you want to join.

Last edited:
Round 1 favourites:

• Richmond
  • Geelong
  • North Melbourne
  • Brisbane
  • Melbourne
  • Sydney
  • GWS
  • Essendon
  • Fremantle
Default longest price: Collingwood

My round 1 pick: Melbourne

Sydney thanks

And just so we’re clear, the loser gets the tontine treatment right?
Eventually we're all losers, except for the last woman or man standing, who shall inherit the whole treasure.

Sounds fun! Thanks for organising, Square Peg.

North Melbourne for me.

Edit: I have changed my tip to Fremantle Dockers (see Post #56)

Last edited:
When do tips need to be in?
Can we change tips?

If we can change I'll go Adelaide otherwise I'll wait til teams are out
Changed tips allowed anytime before bouncedown of first game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok but we can tontine somebody tho right ?
Sorry you're going to have to explain tontine the verb to me (PM me if it involves something children shouldn't read!). I only know tontine the noun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back