5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately we are about to lose the second session.

I think the wins just about touch and go for us, which is going to make the final extended session in the dark a hard slog.

It’s a draw to win the series imo. Especially as will likely lose one of these two.

146 runs still a mountain to climb.

England still in the box seat.

Just.Hang.On.Lads
Funnily enough markets take the opposing view to most of us. Australia 80% chance to win the Ashes outright. I think a 30% chance of a draw is madness unless someone meteorologist knows more than what’s being put out.

Nasser going on about despite the ball you still have to bowl well... blah blah blah. Any decent bowler is going to take wickets and look a million dollars in those conditions and with that ball... (Stark aside if his erratic side turned up). Trying to deflect attention from ballgate.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on how many overs will be lost due to rain we need to come out after lunch looking to score quickly (nothing stupid). Get the margin below 100 before the new ball with ideally both Smith and Head still at the crease but at the very least one of them and then look to put away the bad balls with the new ball which should fly to the boundary. If Smith can anchor the innings, really no reason why we should lose this test.

Unfortunately we are about to lose the second session.

I think the wins just about touch and go for us, which is going to make the final extended session in the dark a hard slog.

It’s a draw to win the series imo. Especially as will likely lose one of these two.
70 overs? Hard to see a draw if there is no weather

Funnily enough markets take the opposing view to most of us. Australia 80% chance to win the Ashes outright. I think a 30% chance of a draw is madness unless someone meteorologist knows more than what’s being put out.

I’m in a group text with guys at the ground, most expecting not much play in the second session.

Ball Drop Mi GIF by Mumbai Indians

Instant replay from The Oval….

Back