Banter RDT CLXXXIII - Trucko’s Jatz Crackers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1808634

No wonder they're losing, that kid is tiny. I hope she's not starting but having her in the line-up at all is an indictment on the development program.
Whatever is going on with the notification bar on your phone is really triggering me.

So musk is going to charge to use twitter.

I literally created an account a few days ago...looks like i'll be deleting my account.

Free speech isn't free after all

So musk is going to charge to use twitter.

I literally created an account a few days ago...looks like i'll be deleting my account.
Of all the things I dont understand, what I dont understand the most is people that dickride this guy on Twitter like he's some sort of prophet. He's a weird loser that happens to be rich.

His decision to incentivise people financially for tweets has led to some of the worst engagement farming nonsense you will ever see online. Absolutely ruined any semblance of rational conversation.

I do wonder what will take over though when his hubris eventually destroys the platform entirely.

Threads seemed to start off well, but never really maintained that momentum.

His decision to incentivise people financially for tweets has led to some of the worst engagement farming nonsense you will ever see online. Absolutely ruined any semblance of rational conversation.
Plus now the first replies to every tweet are some absolute deadshit who has paid to have their thoughts amplified because no sane person would pay attention to them which absolutely kills a lot of discussions on there.
Threads seemed to start off well, but never really maintained that momentum.
Threads issue was that it was overrun by Instagram influencers, attractive, but simple people who had nothing of interest to say and so added nothing to a text based platform.

Finally got on BlueSky the other day, which is the new one from Jack Dorsey who created twitter, seems closer to twitter but the user base is tiny still

I was addicted to twitter till I deleted the app at the start of the year. Glad to hear the app has gone to s**t in a way. On a positive note deleting the app has helped a lot with detetching from all social media including here as well.

I was addicted to twitter till I deleted the app at the start of the year. Glad to hear the app has gone to s**t in a way. On a positive note deleting the app has helped a lot with detetching from all social media including here as well.
Thankfully I grew up in the pre-internet era (let alone social media era) so maybe that has given me the ability to see each social medium as a purely utilitarian vehicle.

So for example, Twitter is good for directly accessing the thoughts of your favourite celebrity, Facebook is good for connecting with far-flung relatives and close friends, BigFooty is good for discussing your team with fellow followers. And so on.

But good on you for recognising an issue and taking action. Not sure how I would deal with the world if I grew up as a digital native.

Of all the things I dont understand, what I dont understand the most is people that dickride this guy on Twitter like he's some sort of prophet. He's a weird loser that happens to be rich.

You'd think people would've jumped off after he called a Thai cave rescue diver a pedophile but apparently there is quite a large cult of Elon out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully I grew up in the pre-internet era (let alone social media era) so maybe that has given me the ability to see each social medium as a purely utilitarian vehicle.

So for example, Twitter is good for directly accessing the thoughts of your favourite celebrity, Facebook is good for connecting with far-flung relatives and close friends, BigFooty is good for discussing your team with fellow followers. And so on.

But good on you for recognising an issue and taking action. Not sure how I would deal with the world if I grew up as a digital native.
I was never a huge social media user and had twitter for years bit after a covid my usage went through the roof. I always knew it wasn’t healthy and had periods where i would delete the app but always came back to it. The only good thing about the app really was how easy and accessible news was and more often footy news broke first on there. Thats why the only that I miss

I was never a huge social media user and had twitter for years bit after a covid my usage went through the roof. I always knew it wasn’t healthy and had periods where i would delete the app but always came back to it. The only good thing about the app really was how easy and accessible news was and more often footy news broke first on there. Thats why the only that I miss

Yeah that’s basically the only reason I don’t delete it. If there was something else that provided news basically in real time, I’d be on it faster than Garry Lyon onto his mate’s wife.

I remember my grandparents telling me about how things were before television. I just couldn't fathom it.

And now I find myself in a similar situation, being a pre-internet kiddy. If you wanted news, you could either tune into the hourly radio news report, or wait until 6 o'clock for the network news.

But then channel 10 came along and broadcast their news at 5pm. Such disruptors!!

I’ve had a Twitter account since about 2011 I think but never used it until it became helpful to keep up to date with lockdown stuff/vaccine and testing centres that were available.

But then I had to turn off notifications because it’s so goddamn toxic but so easy to keep going back to it and doomscrolling.

Now it’s 1000x worse

I remember having to text a Telstra number and pay a dollar to get AFL live scores in the early 2000s. Now we have internet on our phones.
I remember playing fantasy footy by getting codes for players from the west australian and calling a 1800 number to sign up for a team and pick my players.
Then my parents got the phone bill and thought I'd been ringing phone sex lines

Wish me luck, bout to dog sit my sisters dog for three weeks. campaigner loves to mark his territory and piss inside the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back