Player Watch 2023 AFL Draft Pool Discussion Thread

Who would you prefer we pick with our first pick?

• Nick Watson

Votes: 147 36.2%
  • Zane Duursma

Votes: 136 33.5%
  • Colby McKercher

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Daniel Curtin

Votes: 51 12.6%
  • Nate Caddy

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Conor O'Sullivan

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Ryley Sanders

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Darcy Wilson

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rule applies to this thread as other years, keep it on topic about the kids.
Don’t get bogged down on what other teams might do or where they will finish.

Trade speculation belongs here.

That's also where you can discuss your mock drafts or pick trades.

Any McCabe, Dear or Maginness talk belongs here.

Last edited by a moderator:

According to Cal’s show on AFL.COM.AU Hawks have been looking into Harry Demattia.

My mate had Demattia around for dinner the other night and he passed on the info about meeting Sammy and the team. He's keen on coming the Hawks, but it only happens if certain things happen on draft night. I can't see how things unfold to make it happen, but obviously the Hawks brain trust have a few ideas for trade night.

Would love to end up with 3 from the top 20, including McCabe. Bring on Monday.

Wonder if we are considering trading our picks to the suns. If we gave 44/47/49 for 24 then on traded that to freo for 34,64,f3. We could match McCabe at pick 16 which after bids is really between pick 12-14 and that doesn’t account for our picks coming in a few spots. Gets us the f3 to trade f1 if needed, match McCabe and get a minimum chips pick back for dear who can be matched with our last pick whatever that is.

6 + 11 and a F1 for pick 4?

Where do we sign?
It's not that good if the known top 6 all go and we have pick 7 in the end out of it.

Dee's are a top 4 team most likely in 2024.

11 gets you like the 16th or 17th best kid.

I'd only do it if we are confident Curtin gets to 7.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

It's not that good if the known top 6 all go and we have pick 7 in the end out of it.

Dee's are a top 4 team most likely in 2024.

11 gets you like the 16th or 17th best kid.

I'd only do it if we are confident Curtin gets to 7.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
You are only doing it live and when Curtin Watson are on the board knowing the dees are taking Watson and dogs won’t under any circumstances take Curtin. That’s the agreement with the dees as part of the trade. Tbh I’m still ok with it for osullivan as worst case scenario. At 11 you get a pretty good player like Wilson/Windsor/Leake and the f1 allows us to trade our f1 or have a crack at a big fish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 6 + 11 + F1 for pick 4 will never happen. Way overs.
6 + F1 is a more realistic offer for a two pick upgrade.
They are a heartbeat away from an actual flag on the MCG. As a live trade it’s entirely possible. The important thing for a change is we hold all the power.
the goonies this is our time GIF

Back