Roast AFL 22under22

Remove this Banner Ad

No Connor Blakely. :rolleyes:

Total BS that he's not been among the best 22 players under the age of 22 this year.

Connor there's at least a degree of subjectivity about it. The Darcy omission is inexcusable - Wright should never have been nominated as a ruck (in addition to being nominated as a forward). Darcy was also the only nominee that couldn't be selected on the bench, as you couldn't put a ruck on the interchange (Wright could be nominated as a forward interchange).

[edit: Righteo this probably answers your question :( ]

How does rioli get in over Connor on the bench??? He was one of our best players this year And wright gets the ruck spot after averaging about 6 taps?

Nice for a player to be recognised I guess wayToGo_ . More for them than anything else. Like Fyfe having a much, much, much better year statistically than Captain Bont, yet not even making it to the 40 man squad, while Bont is on the field of the AA, and now captain of this pretend team, which I didn't realise was just pretend when I posted the thread.

But anyway, for those interested - this is it.

B: Andrew McGrath, Harris Andrews, Callum Mills
HB: Jayden Hunt, Jake Lever, Ryan Burton
C: Josh Kelly, Matt Crouch, Marcus Bontempelli (C)
HF: Jack Billings, Charlie Curnow, Jack Martin
F: Orazio Fantasia, Eric Hipwood, Tom Papley
R: Peter Wright, Zach Merrett, Clayton Oliver
I/C: James Sicily, Isaac Heeney, Ollie Wines, Daniel Rioli

Darcy robbed again. No recognition for being the most promising young ruckman in the AFL seen for a long time.

He should take home the Rising Star award next year with ease

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you allow the public to vote, you're just giving the stupid bias people an opportunity to vote a player from there team. s**t concept that'll never be fair. Daniel Riloi making the team, Wright over Darcy and no Blakeley says it all. Jayden Hunt has played about 10 good games, if that in his career.

It's interesting that, after year upon year of early draft picks, GC and GWS only manage to contribute one player each to the team. Even Hawthorn, who have been finishing at the top end of the ladder for a lot of the time that these two teams have been around, managed to contribute two players. Obviously the new teams have issues with player retention but it also says something about basing a rebuild strategy solely around the national draft.

It's a vote thing? What a crock!

Well the whole process is complete shyte then innit. They can all GAGF, unless they're going to do it properly.

What, you mean like the AA and Rising Star process of having industry experts pick it? Guys like Carey and Ling and Rucuito and Jackovich.... do you get me?

Mayb they could ask the umpires to pick that too, the football world seems to be happy with the job they do of the Brownlow.

I try very hard to distance myself from most of these Victorian popularity contests but this one stings. No Blakely - I could maybe see it because of how stacked the midfield already is although he's easily better than 2/3s of the HB, Sicily and Rioli at the very least. I hope Darcy sees this rubbish and it fuels him - sort of like how Sandilands gets fueled when he plays the "best ruckmen" and smashes them.

What, you mean like the AA and Rising Star process of having industry experts pick it? Guys like Carey and Ling and Rucuito and Jackovich.... do you get me?

Mayb they could ask the umpires to pick that too, the football world seems to be happy with the job they do of the Brownlow.

It was partially tongue in cheek because it's all a load of BS and they can all GAGF. The only awards that actually matter AFAIC is the Players MVP and the AFLCA.

Good team.

Every clubs supporters will have a player they reckon was robbed. Really folks, the whole AFL world isn't actually against freo

It's interesting that, after year upon year of early draft picks, GC and GWS only manage to contribute one player each to the team. Even Hawthorn, who have been finishing at the top end of the ladder for a lot of the time that these two teams have been around, managed to contribute two players. Obviously the new teams have issues with player retention but it also says something about basing a rebuild strategy solely around the national draft.
Or it just means they don't have enough fans to vote their players in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back