Is Damien Hardwick the greatest coach of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on finals winning percentages, Hardwick is only equal 3rd if that is the measure, and is a few flags shy of the best record. I may have missed some and am happy to be corrected on this.

Jack Worrall - 81.25 (5 flags with Carlton and Essendon)
Dick Reynolds - 67
Norm Smith - 66.7
Damien Hardwick - 66.7
Leigh Matthews - 65.3
Frank ( Checker) Hughes - 65.0 (5 flags with Richmond and Melbourne)
Alistair Clarkson - 61.5
John Kennedy - 61.1
Mick Malthouse - 55.1
Alan Jeans - 53.67
Kevin Sheedy - 53.5
Ron Barassi - 53.1
Jock McHale - 46.4
"Only equal 3rd".
Gigantic ROAR.

I'm not offended mate, i'm laughing at some Fitzroy supporter getting his kicks out of saying Richmond were sh*t when his club was so much shitter than Richmond that they folded.

Richmond's game plan is pretty simple. But you need the players to make it work.
"Shittier", I should know.

If he could win another flag away from his MCG safe space it could possibly cement him as an all time great on the levels of Matthews, Malthouse or Blight.

Until that moment he’s just another middle of the road multi flag coach waiting for that opportunity with all the hard work ahead of him.

Guy certainly has better than average luck being gifted so many finals at home & probably should have sown up a 4 peat by now. Ho-hum. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If he could win another flag away from his MCG safe space it could possibly cement him as an all time great on the levels of Matthews, Malthouse or Blight.

Until that moment he’s just another middle of the road multi flag coach waiting for that opportunity with all the hard work ahead of him.

Guy certainly has better than average luck being gifted so many finals at home & probably should have sown up a 4 peat by now. Ho-hum. 🤷🏻‍♂️
How many home finals have we been gifted?

I've never seen a 6 hour plus edit, well done and great rant.
I love your posting mate keep, keep it up. Whenever I feel like a laugh I come back to this thread and lol at your inanities. Are you actually trying to give us a bit of a laugh or are you really as stupid as many of your posts indicate. Either way, I am very much looking forward to more zany inanities in the future.

I love your posting mate keep, keep it up. Whenever I feel like a laugh I come back to this thread and lol at your inanities. Are you actually trying to give us a bit of a laugh or are you really as stupid as many of your posts indicate. Either way, I am very much looking forward to more zany inanities in the future.
images.jpeg-9.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current side would kill your mob of the early 2000’s on fitness and game style alone. You can underrate Dimma all you like, but he’s up there with Clarkson

F*** me dead this is a stupid argument. Absolutely stupid.

Do you really think that in this fantasy world of yours, the CURRENT Richmond side if they existed 20 years ago would have the same emphasis and method surrounding it's fitness? Do you really think that the former Lions threepeat team, if they were transplanted to now, WOULDN'T have the increased focus on fitness and conditioning that teams today have?

FMD, the current Crows team would mop the floor with the 01-04 Lions on fitness. It doesn't mean they're better, it just means they are a product of their era.

F*** me dead this is a stupid argument. Absolutely stupid.

Do you really think that in this fantasy world of yours, the CURRENT Richmond side if they existed 20 years ago would have the same emphasis and method surrounding it's fitness? Do you really think that the former Lions threepeat team, if they were transplanted to now, WOULDN'T have the increased focus on fitness and conditioning that teams today have?

FMD, the current Crows team would mop the floor with the 01-04 Lions on fitness. It doesn't mean they're better, it just means they are a product of their era.
A team currently beating a team 20 years ago is a product of the era you are correct.
There's a number of arguments to put Hardwick as great coach, but that isn't one of them.

OK, sure. You have two Tiger supporters in your family (we all know that Tiger supporters are everywhere nowadays). The interesting thing is that they are both smarter and better looking than you. I, and quite a few other Tigers on BF, enjoy like laughing at you and your family. It is becoming a bit of a thing to get our daily chuckles by coming here and having a laugh at your family photos etc. Please keep the posts and photos coming. :D

How does he win another flag away from the MCG given that's where the GF is played unless there's a 3rd Covid wave in Melb?
Unsure how he can ever meet your measuring point

When has Dimma ever preached loyalty?
Comparing relationships to clubs is weird but since we’re doing it, anytime a player wants to leave the club they are allowed to do it freely.
He preaches openness and vulnerability, not loyalty.

Spot on. Look at Stack and Coleman-Jones. Made serious error and have been supported by the entire club because everyone makes mistakes. Richmond’s mantra is vulnerability and growing from your mistakes to be better next time. If the club was to ostracize Dimma based on what some may regard as a mistake, then that would fly in the face of everything the club stands for in regards to accepting people for who they are, warts and all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back