List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

“He’s still waiting to learn his fate at West Coast,” he said.

“I believe Geelong has an ongoing interest in Jarrod Brander, he was a boarder at Geelong Grammar before being drafted high and I’m told there’s an ongoing interest there.

“The Cats think they can turn him into something special.”
Look, I don't know what the highest trade price ever is for a former rnd1 draft pick who hasn't really come on, but whatever that is we should demand it if the cats are involved

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chaos ball tends to work in finals when the pressure goes up. Since the Hawks run finished in 2015, Dogs and a Tigers have won 4 from 5 flags with chaos

Would have been 5 if looks backwards, looks sidewards, looks fwd and then kicks backwards Sheppard had taken that mark rather than McGovern.

Last edited:
Freo would be in the frame for him - unless Geelong had their heart set on Brander, which they seemingly don’t, I can’t see that working.

More chance of Sparkle Narkle, if he was to nominate us - no talk of that at this stage.

Even then, I suspect the club will focus on the draft to avoid adding more established player salaries to the cap.

I expect Brander will go for a 3rd Rounder or a pick upgrade somewhere - he is not going to be a major trading piece.

Cats very interested

The other thing I think is hugely in Dees favour, is fitness. They looked 10 x fitter than the cats, they'd outnumber at every contest with manic pressure. They could sustain high level of pressure for longer, Demons are peaking.

All Darren Burgess, ex Liverpool fitness guy was also at Port when they had an average side but suddenly came good. I think he's the biggest factor in demons coming good.
Their midfield gets back in numbers to help out defence and then push forward hard.

We need a big preseason, I'm personally glad we've got the extra time off as it will allow players time to get their bodies right and build fitness.
Good point about Burgess, Lever mentioned him in his post match interview specifically and how he got the team in great condition.

“The Cats think they can turn him (Brander) into something special.”

So p!ssed with WCE indeciveness..really fckd up Branders development and along with some of the youngsters by playing them out of their positions.

Agree we've expected a lot from Brander in versatility ....hope he stays but very much doubt it now .

So p!ssed with WCE indeciveness..really fckd up Branders development and along with some of the youngsters by playing them out of their positions.
Person gets p155ed at club over zero info, so glad I dropped by.

Cats very interested

Cool - first I’ve seen of it this year - could he just be speculating based on rumours from previous seasons?…

We’ll see…

oh and all this ‘The club F’d up!!!!1’ stuff - seriously? Brander hasn’t exactly shown much….no matter the position he is put in….

He was a mid teens pick….they aren’t guaranteed stars….

To the people complaining that we stuffed up Brander because (it's reported) that Geelong think they can make him something great: Geelong also thought they could win the flag this year.

True ......... but they went a hell of a lot closer than we did.

Ha, he could well be at his best now. Too soft and lacking physicality to play KP, not agile enough else where and has poor disposal. Poor thing, not like he could try to improve?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can turn him into the defensive winger west coast always wanted since the great marsden
The great Marsden was sitting in front of me last night at the footy, he spent all night heckling the (mostly Geelong) players, he is 32 going on 17, still he had a good time and was enjoying his work. Few Eagles and Dockers players sitting around us must of been in the area where the free tickets get doled out.

The great Marsden was sitting in front of me last night at the footy, he spent all night heckling the (mostly Geelong) players, he is 32 going on 17, still he had a good time and was enjoying his work. Few Eagles and Dockers players sitting around us must of been in the area where the free tickets get doled out.

That’s pretty poor form from Masten - I hope he went down to the Geelong rooms after the game to show Dangerfield his Premiership medal and cheer him up.

Some clubs don't have this problem though. Think it comes from the coach who shouldn't be saying anything about families. He is there to get the best gameday performances out of the players, not to care about their personal lives.
A manager or coach that doesn’t know or care about his charges beyond what they can get out of them is not a good manager. Knowing what drives people, how to get the best out of them, is part of the job. And their personal lives come into that. Everyone is different. I’ve managed people and been managed by plenty, seen both sides of it.

A manager or coach that doesn’t know or care about his charges beyond what they can get out of them is not a good manager. Knowing what drives people, how to get the best out of them, is part of the job. And their personal lives come into that. Everyone is different. I’ve managed people and been managed by plenty, seen both sides of it.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Great post.

How many elite athletes have you interviewed though?

So you're saying.....
""

He was a Happy Mastenator?

Last edited:

There isnt always their preferred position available
We may have mismanaged him by not bulking him up but he hasnt really grabbed his opportunity

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Will they next year tho?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Borderline I recon mate.
Hai_Newman has done some sneaky filming earlier today at Watermans retirement village where the Cats held their mad Saturday.
Bit of energy left but maybe getting past it.

In better news, apparently old Alec is smashing a heap of Butchers Pouch!

Top 30 Old People Party GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back