List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Cameron walking out on the club is the best outcome especially if theres a reduce payout.
He wasn't going to amount to anything with his attitude

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I mean, the best outcome would have been him getting his body/attitude right and having a long career here, I’d have thought.

Mid year his agent said he isn’t staying under any circumstances and they won’t enter contract negotiations. Nisbett coming out and saying this is just him getting in before his agent tells everyone on the same thing

He is off to Hawthorn for sure. His agent wouldn’t turn his back on contract negotiations unless he has a clear plan b....
Very different when a player says 'work out a deal or I'm going to the draft' compared to a club saying 'we'll see what happens in trade period, and discuss his contract after'.

Nisbett should have trotted out the line 'Jarrod and the club are going to explore opportunities' about trade period and left it at that.

I do think we'll get around 3rd round value for him. Hopefully through a pick upgrade scenario.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

think for the most part the club has been run pretty darn well over the last decade or so..

but boy oh boy, they've had a couple of shocking years recently.

over-paying players, paying a stupid amount of $ and draft capital for a player and then some serious mis-management of players.

think were in for a rough couple of years..

The saying 'dont rest on your laurels' comes to mind.

Saying that the club doesnt put up withfailure and embarrasing results. Right now I think no one has any credits in the bank bar Nic.

Big offseason behind the scenes and on the training track coming up.

Very different when a player says 'work out a deal or I'm going to the draft' compared to a club saying 'we'll see what happens in trade period, and discuss his contract after'.

Nisbett should have trotted out the line 'Jarrod and the club are going to explore opportunities' about trade period and left it at that.

I do think we'll get around 3rd round value for him. Hopefully through a pick upgrade scenario.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Nisbett said that it would be for your benefit only. His agent has shopped him around and told all the other clubs what’s up by now.

Nisbett wasnt telling people our decision. He was telling everyone Branders decision and in particular the actions of his agent

The saying 'dont rest on your laurels' comes to mind.

Saying that the club doesnt put up withfailure and embarrasing results. Right now I think no one has any credits in the bank bar Nic.

Big offseason behind the scenes and on the training track coming up.

This is a big 180 from a week ago when everyone lambasted me for saying we were at our lowest point in 10 plus years . Thankfully people can see this as the pro season goes on.

This is a big 180 from a week ago when everyone lambasted me for saying we were at our lowest point in 10 plus years . Thankfully people can see this as the pro season goes on.

I hope you get that apology you're searching for.

I've been thinking the same thing. The music has changed drastically from one year ago. What happened?
I recall an article from this time last year saying that Brander would stay at the club but wanted to be developed as a key position player (like he f**king should have been from the start) and we obviously haven't even tried to develop him as a key position player all year. Would say this is why he wants out, I don't blame him really, massively f**ked up his development and played him as the sacrificial Masten winger for most of his last 4 years.
Think this is the article but I refuse to give the west any money so I can't read it

1632009203248.png

Brander and Rotham are good mates arent they.

Rotham still not signed either.

Maybe this situation has been 'bubbling away' the entire season?

Cap squeeze, players who get low offers look over at Kelly the new bloke on big coin. Yeo not happy with his ability to perform and some team mates as well. Injuries to a key area (midfield) and we have a crap year. No one likes losing and the negative energy builds.

This sort of thing would happen at every club at some point in time, maybe its our time!

So lots to work on.

I recall an article from this time last year saying that Brander would stay at the club but wanted to be developed as a key position player (like he f**king should have been from the start) and we obviously haven't even tried to develop him as a key position player all year. Would say this is why he wants out, I don't blame him really, massively f**ked up his development and played him as the sacrificial Masten winger.
Think this is the article but I refuse to give the west any money so I can't read it

View attachment 1239681

He is a skinny, slow and cant take a contested grab. Other then that he will make a great KPP

At best he is a lead up HFF at AFL level and even that needs a ton more fitness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder with a guy like Rotham whether we are willing to offer a 4 year deal. He is not getting delisted in this time frame at all, gives him security and let’s us bottom his wage out to match what other clubs will offer with a few extra years . You can set a bad example with this though is all but I’d be willing to do that type of deal, just as long as it’s clearly set down as a once off

He is a skinny, slow and cant take a contested grab. Other then that he will make a great KPP

At best he is a lead up HFF at AFL level and even that needs a ton more fitness
He's skinny because we've developed him as a running player, he's not slow imo and he's hasn't been trained as a KPP so who knows what his marking would be like if we had trained him as one from the start.

He's skinny because we've developed him as a running player, he's not slow imo and he's hasn't been trained as a KPP so who knows what his marking would be like if we had trained him as one from the start.

He isn’t even a good running player though. Doesn’t have much of a tank it was the reason he didn’t stay in the team overall

I just think we need to accept he is crap

Anyone heard anything about shep pulling up stumps? I spat my cornflakes out when I read the headline! View attachment 1239685

On INE-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shep is having very bad post concussion issues at present which he has mentioned many times. Shep doesn’t need the money to keep playing by any stretch. He is worth more then every Eagles player combined so isn’t exactly playing for a job.

Issue is cutting Sheps wage won’t do much for us. Will allow us to 100 percent keep Rotham and that’s it probably. Would be a like for like swap

He isn’t even a good running player though. Doesn’t have much of a tank it was the reason he didn’t stay in the team overall

I just think we need to accept he is crap
I agree, he's mostly crap.
But is he crap because he's crap or is he crap because we've completely bollocksed up his development for 4 straight years?

It’s going to be a grim few years unfortunately.
You’d expect at the end of next year retirements could be:
Bunga
JK
Boots (bad soft tissue injuries)
NN
Boots and NN could possibly stretch one
more year out if they don’t get injuries.
Now talk of Brad Sheppard suffering regular concussions isn’t a great sign either. We don’t have a lot of young talent pushing through to take these spots and we are almost non existent for young quality mids (except possibly Edwards) Could be a few bottom 4 finishes coming our way unfortunately.

Nisbett in the ABC interview said that we hadn’t offered Brander a contract and that we would see what happened in the trade period before making a decision.

He didn’t mention anything about Brander already preparing to go east or definitely heading to the draft if there was no trade - that came up in the tweet from Ryan Daniels.

Fair chance then that Daniels got his info from Branders agent.

In light of what GoEaglesGoSGIO has posted it’s interesting that after playing 9 games in a row from rounds 3-11, Brander only played twice after that

I wonder with a guy like Rotham whether we are willing to offer a 4 year deal. He is not getting delisted in this time frame at all, gives him security and let’s us bottom his wage out to match what other clubs will offer with a few extra years . You can set a bad example with this though is all but I’d be willing to do that type of deal, just as long as it’s clearly set down as a once off
No way in the world should we be offering him a 4 year deal.
One of my bugbears with the club is that we keep players who clearly aren't up to it on the list for too long.

Ainsworth and Brayshaw come to mind.

He's not a lock for the side so don't overcommit.

He's also a local boy.
A 2 year deal is sufficient IMO.

It’s going to be a grim few years unfortunately.
You’d expect at the end of next year retirements could be:
Bunga
JK
Boots (bad soft tissue injuries)
NN
Boots and NN could possibly stretch one
more year out if they don’t get injuries.
Now talk of Brad Sheppard suffering regular concussions isn’t a great sign either. We don’t have a lot of young talent pushing through to take these spots and we are almost non existent for young quality mids (except possibly Edwards) Could be a few bottom 4 finishes coming our way unfortunately.

We need to push the old guys along until our cap opens up. Replacing Bunga and Kennedy with pick 85 is a pointless exercise at the moment. Thankfully club is smart enough to realise that and keep pushing these guys along, if they want to play then let them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back