AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

Remove this Banner Ad

My boy Nik Cox : Pick the odd one out - who is the odd one out & why?
The first correct answer wins ... some mild praise?

NK PtOOO 13 Mar '23.png

I say we drop the unicorn tag until he can prove to do one position well let alone multiple. I feel like it's been a mozz on him so far.
Yeah, maybe not super helpful…

I think on Saturday my boy played a true utility role though. Sure, mostly defensive but played on Ginnivan then switched to Chol (when Reid went off) then Chol went off and he … did something else. Got forward early for a great kick to 2MP for a goal.

I think on Saturday my boy played a true utility role though. Sure, mostly defensive but played on Ginnivan then switched to Chol (when Reid went off) then Chol went off and he … did something else. Got forward early for a great kick to 2MP for a goal.

I think he presented well against Hawthorn. Set up some runs, goals, good weighted kicks and was good in defence. But I meant seeing it consistently most weeks.

Thought he really struggled when trying to play key back after Reid went off. Was lucky to not have 3 or 4 kicked on him from limited contests. Worth persisting with and trying to settle but need to bring in Laverde/Baldwin if not both this week. Amarty, Mcdonald and Mclean think will expose Cox without Ridley and Reid.

Thought he really struggled when trying to play key back after Reid went off. Was lucky to not have 3 or 4 kicked on him from limited contests. Worth persisting with and trying to settle but need to bring in Laverde/Baldwin if not both this week. Amarty, Mcdonald and Mclean think will expose Cox without Ridley and Reid.
Agree key back probably isn’t my boys Cox’s calling unless he spends a summer building up his fight at Camp Crystal Lake. But getting experience in rolls where his height (not bulk), running and kicking can be used is something he can develop into.

BTW - I suspect Baldwin may not up to it.

IMG_8724.jpeg

Agree key back probably isn’t my boys Cox’s calling unless he spends a summer building up his fight at Camp Crystal Lake. But getting experience in rolls where his height (not bulk), running and kicking can be used is something he can develop into.

BTW - I suspect Baldwin may not up to it.

View attachment 1933177
Oops. With Redman, Reid and Ridley out. Could get ugly with Swans 3 talls. Cox, Mckay and Laverde are our best options then. So probably better exposing Cox instead of Hayes at this stage. My left field option would be Harry Jones at CHB if cox struggles. IF both Cox and Jones struggle and getting flogged id like to see them swap. As my belief in Jones is near empty, I'd hate to see him delisted without trialing at CHB. Still have gaps Key back and Key forward so if going to invest list spots for years for most of these players why not roll the dice before they go.

I don't think so. He pushed up the ground with the other defenders because we play a high defence and lock the ball forward. He played his role as a defender.

Adam Goodes. There's a true utility. Midfield, ruck, forward, wing, oranges.

Mild praise, please.

I don't think so. He pushed up the ground with the other defenders because we play a high defence and lock the ball forward. He played his role as a defender.

Adam Goodes. There's a true utility. Midfield, ruck, forward, wing, oranges.

Mild praise, please.
Mild praise withheld.
Adam Goodes is a true true utility but not on the list.

1710882361649.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rest of them are big muscular boys whereas cox is a lanky boy still and will need a few years until he can start having a similar impact
Probably should be the answer.
But it fails to get over the spirit of blog sites bar - it is way too balanced and reasonable.

blicavs parents born overseas?
Were they? Nice pick up if true.

Trying to avoid some xenophobic stereotyping here… but a couple of other candidates names suggest they could be 1st generation Australians too.

Anyway… way too much research required to settle this one.

1710905591011.jpeg

Cox was the only top 10/first round pick?

I know Westhoff was late.
Dont know for sure, but I don’t think blicvas was a high pick
No idea where/how koutafidies was recruited.

Cox was the only top 10/first round pick?

I know Westhoff was late.
Dont know for sure, but I don’t think blicvas was a high pick
No idea where/how koutafidies was recruited.
I was about to say this. Kouta was signed through u/19s or something like that. Other 2 were high picks. Cox a first rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back