AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, he’s settling into the season nicely. This continuity will do him the world of good.

Seems to get himself under the ball when going for marks a bit, even when on he’s on his own where he should be taking it in front of his eyes. It leaves him open to spoils from behind.

Some of his handballs out of congestion are mesmerisingly awkward but often effective.

Mehhhhhhhh….. he was okay today. That’s about as far as I’d go, personally.

Still doesn’t look that comfortable out there. Any time there’s any pressure he battles - in the contest, or when he has the ball… if the pressure comes his disposal is poor.

One of the basic things I want to see with any young player is competitiveness, still not sure he’s up to scratch on that front. Doesn’t seem to really want it.

At least they are finally playing him in a role that they can settle him in. Just gotta get games into him.

I thought Cox was competitive without standing out. One of his handballs out of a contest to Parish (?) in the 3rd I think it was, was great to see. He wanted the contest and made it his. Just a glimpse, but when he's more confident on his body he'll be awesome.

Whilst I suspect I have higher rating on Cox’s ceiling than most - going to be one damaging 2-way utility…

Agree with most of the posts on here after the saints game. Think he’s going in the right direction. earning his place in the 22. Playing his role. More competitive.

Would love to see my boy use his kicking and running to create a bit more damage going forward. Seen a few signs of this year. Love to see more.

I like the fact that each week so far he has attacked the contest a bit harder. He will get beaten buy the stronger bodies at times but all I want to see is less and less selective efforts which has been happening. Have rated him highly but have been disappointed in the lack of physical efforts he displayed last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back