List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Inner Sanctum Thread. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching the game tonight at reminiscing with friends about yesterdays game I've changed my mind about going after any big names this year like Mitchell and co.
The way the Bont has come along and how Caleb Daniel and Tom Papley have played in the finals i prefer the idea of a couple of high picks with the addition of Steele better for our team. I don't see us competing at the same level theses finals were played at next year and with the likes of Acres,Gresham and Ross coming good another full hard season for them as the main midfielders will do them wonders. We should keep the war chest to retain our growing list of talent add a couple of top end kids to it and hopefully be cherry ripe for 2018/19 finals.
Also though having never meet any of Rocky,Dusty or Mitchell and only going on things that are being quoted about their character i'd rather not have that at our club and just go for the free agents next year.

Watching the game tonight at reminiscing with friends about yesterdays game I've changed my mind about going after any big names this year like Mitchell and co.
The way the Bont has come along and how Caleb Daniel and Tom Papley have played in the finals i prefer the idea of a couple of high picks with the addition of Steele better for our team. I don't see us competing at the same level theses finals were played at next year and with the likes of Acres,Gresham and Ross coming good another full hard season for them as the main midfielders will do them wonders. We should keep the war chest to retain our growing list of talent add a couple of top end kids to it and hopefully be cherry ripe for 2018/19 finals.
Also though having never meet any of Rocky,Dusty or Mitchell and only going on things that are being quoted about their character i'd rather not have that at our club and just go for the free agents next year.

The bulldogs finals campaign has been nothing short of amazing.
They have shown the comp that you don't need a dozen a grade guns on your list to make the Grand final.
You need 22 committed aggressive skilled players with a good game plan, excellent coach and are willing to practically die for each other.
Champion team beats team of champions.

They have shown the comp that you don't need a dozen a grade guns on your list to make the Grand final.
You need 22 committed aggressive skilled players with a good game plan, excellent coach and are willing to practically die for each other.
Exactly and we build that through culture, I don't think any of the big name players that have been bandied about would throw themselves on the proverbial hand grenade for their fellow teammates.

Full credit to the Dogs. At the start of the finals, there were three teams I didn't think could win it: North because they were lucky to be in there, West Coast b/c they're only good at home and Doggies as they'd been smashed by injuries. Thought any of remaining 5 could win. Doggies have already proven me wrong by making the big dance.

Hence why Nathan Wright gets games & got a contract extension. He's the type of player that would die for his team mates.

They did have 75 father and son picks though. We had a chance at a father and son once with Paul Temay's son but he was playing mixed netball, had great hands!!

Just having some fun Punter at your expense. Your post is dead on the money. Doggies just will not go away in a tight game and they made us look second rate earlier in the season, good luck to them and their supporters. If they win it then we take over the mantle as the team with the longest premiership drought in the AFL/VFL oh I FORGOT the DEES. Easily forgettable mind you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the ground last night, I would have said Nick Haynes was GWS's best player by a mile. He was intercept marking everything, tackling, spoiling, shepherding & doing the all the selfless things that win games. Shame for him that he had too many teammates that were overawed by the occasion, but he stood up tall.

At the ground last night, I would have said Nick Haynes was GWS's best player by a mile. He was intercept marking everything, tackling, spoiling, shepherding & doing the all the selfless things that win games. Shame for him that he had too many teammates that were overawed by the occasion, but he stood up tall.

Cost them the momentum in the 3rd qtr by playing on in the centre of the ground and getting caught HTB. They were 14 points up at that stage IIRC...

Cost them the momentum in the 3rd qtr by playing on in the centre of the ground and getting caught HTB. They were 14 points up at that stage IIRC...
One play didn't lost them the match, GWS should have won the game if it wasn't for bad umpiring and too many dropped marks..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

One play didn't lost them the match, GWS should have won the game if it wasn't for bad umpiring and too many dropped marks..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
At the ground, the umpiring seemed very good. Only real howler of a call I thought was for Devon Smith's dive when he was out bodied in a marking contest in the forward line in the 1st quarter.

Which is why we should have got in early. Perfect forward-part time ruck. Gonna make the likes of Tippett look like a turd sandwich in the next few years.

All it would have done is upset when he goes back Perth. How could we have got him anyway? I know gws are still young but it should give great hope to clubs like us that a side as poor money wise as us is into a gf. It's great for game and it certainly gives me hope. Now they just need to win the bloody thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are the Dogs going to be hard to catch? Our current record against them is 2:2 from the last 2 seasons. I'd say other than positions on the ladder, we're not very far behind them at all in development. They have a great midfield (something we lack), but we have a potentially great looking spine (something they lack). Our view to rebuild the key positions first is always going to be a little slower compared to their midfield heavy rebuild, but midfielders develop faster. We'll be better than the Dogs by 2019
Are you still confident about this Rors? For me, unless we can pull a couple of rabbits out of a hat, our list will still be a fair way behind the Dogs and the Giants.

We need to nail this years draft and hope we can get a couple of guns with the room we have in the cap. If this doesn't happen, we won't get close to these two sides IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back