List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A word of caution when considering dealing with GWS; it's not always the route to the Promised Land it appears to be.

This is the side of players they have traded OUT over the course of their existence...

FB: Plowman - Jaksch - Hampton
HB: Bugg - Frost - Hombsch
RK: Phillips - Treloar - Adams
CR: Tyson - Miles - Townsend
HF: Sumner - Bruce - O'Rourke
FF: Lamb - Boyd - Giles
IC: Whiley Golds

And this - for reference's sake - is the team they've traded IN*.

FB: Patfull - Gilham - C.Cornes
HB: Shaw - Davis - Hunt
RK: Mumford - Ward - McDonald
CR: Griffen - Power - Scully
HF: Addison - Ó hAilpín - Johnson
FF: Brogan - Thornton - Palmer

*I'm not buggering around with all the picks etc.

All things considered, I reckon they've done ok with their 'ins'; they've ever been successes or played a necessary veterans role.

How many of the 'outs' have realistically been successes at their new clubs? Bruce, Treolar, Hombsch?

Tyson, Bugg, Adams, Frost, Miles and Plowman have been serviceable, but Boyd seems to be becoming troublesome for the Dogs, O'Rourke hasn't done much and some of the others have been disasters.

Just something to think about.
You could add Saad and Milera to tgat list too, couldn't you? Kinda adds to your argument.

How about we trade our first for Billy Hartung? Or a trade for Langford? What do you think?
still a better poster than barrels

He may not think he can last 5, but one or two at least.
then i doubt he accepts any clause contract, some club will give him a fully g'teed deal. heck we did it with freeze who has 1/10th of the talent jags has

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1/10 my arse:rolleyes:
O'Meara might be better than Freeman but that was just silly
wasnt a slight at freeman, its just jags has more potential than anyone on our list and i can't even remember someone of his quality has basically hit the open market. maybe since gaz left?

wasnt a slight at freeman, its just jags has more potential than anyone on our list and i can't even remember someone of his quality has basically hit the open market. maybe since gaz left?
Too bad his knee is rooted. Probably the best young kid, but the knee sounds gone.

As Rors said, on the footage I saw, O'Meara was not landing anywhere near the knee. Dont blame him, but Rors gave us a very good insight into those injuries.
If we didnt have Freeman I would risk it.

Cant now surely.

Too bad his knee is rooted. Probably the best young kid, but the knee sounds gone.

As Rors said, on the footage I saw, O'Meara was not landing anywhere near the knee. Dont blame him, but Rors gave us a very good insight into those injuries.
If we didnt have Freeman I would risk it.

Cant now surely.
probably agree about his knee which sucks because he may be the biggest what if ever? atleast in the modern game?

i wasnt trying to annoy anyone at all just love him as a player.

i remember his last game maybe against us he had something like 30touches,8tackles,6in50's, amazing pressure,amazing running 1 brownlow vote and was 19 years old.

All good mate. What I would give to have an injury free O'Meara in our team.

As a matter of fact, what I would give to have even a fit Freeman in the team.
O'Meara would have been a god send

Only Hogan and Cameron would have been better young players to get.

probably agree about his knee which sucks because he may be the biggest what if ever? atleast in the modern game?

i wasnt trying to annoy anyone at all just love him as a player.

i remember his last game maybe against us he had something like 30touches,8tackles,6in50's, amazing pressure,amazing running 1 brownlow vote and was 19 years old.

Yep Jaeger looked like he could be the best in the comp in his short AFL career. It's a real shame. Then Toby Greene was looking amazing for a time too. Now he's a defensive forward with off field issues.

Yep Jaeger looked like he could be the best in the comp in his short AFL career. It's a real shame. Then Toby Greene was looking amazing for a time too. Now he's a defensive forward with off field issues.
toby was just an accumulator with an above average tank for an 18year old with a more mature body. Jags was a freak of nature who had all the skills aswell as even more upside and handling pressure better than nearly any kid ever

O'Meara would have been a god send

Only Hogan and Cameron would have been better young players to get.

I reckon Hogan is good but 50% of his value is still based on potential. Members is running nearly identical stats to him and will not cost $1 million+ a year. Cameron has been passed by by Members so similarly I would not want to pay the Boyd kind of money required to get him in when we still have Paddy to come in and Bruce should get back some of his mojo. I'm confident we have put together a very good unpredictable forward structure that has further scope. I would want Shiel myself.

toby was just an accumulator with an above average tank for an 18year old with a more mature body. Jags was a freak of nature who had all the skills aswell as even more upside and handling pressure better than nearly any kid ever

Yeah I tend to agree, I guess I was trying to temper the tragedy a bit.

the jags contract will be the most interesting contract for some time, I'm guessing the difference between some clubs contracts and push is going to be so different, wouldn't surprise me if someone "boyds" him and it wouldnt surprise me if he took a 1year + player option contract with GC to see what GC have when their full strength next year and have security with the player option worst case.

I reckon Hogan is good but 50% of his value is still based on potential. Members is running nearly identical stats to him and will not cost $1 million+ a year. Cameron has been passed by by Members so similarly I would not want to pay the Boyd kind of money required to get him in when we still have Paddy to come in and Bruce should get back some of his mojo. I'm confident we have put together a very good unpredictable forward structure that has further scope. I would want Shiel myself.
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back