List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see us trading out any of Hickey, Longer or Pierce. We'll probably end up playing two rucks when they become proficient playing forward as well. Then we need one or two spare rucks on the list. Our rucks stocks are perfect.

Mitch or Nathan Brown are both free agents either one would suit our purposes.

They are both absolutely rubbish.
The West Coast version is the more junk of the two, but I wouldn't go near them. Better off playing Delany another year as he is just as good.

McKenzie I'd be happy to look at as long as his body is in good nick and he costs close to nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie could potentially be a very good get. Coming off a knee reco it often takes a good year to get back to your best and I read him say recently how it's amazing how much the game can change in just 12 months and how long it's taken him to re-adjust to how footy is played (especially at West Coast I presume, who radically changed their defensive game-plan/set-up while he was out injured) since he came back into the team this year. If West Coast are overstocked in that area they could be keen/happy to move him on and we could get him for a good price.

If we added him and he was back to anywhere near his best and also Carlisle and also a Steele, and Paddy has a good run at it, we could well and truly be in the mix for even a top 4 spot next year- if enough else went right for us.

They are both absolutely rubbish.
The West Coast version is the more junk of the two, but I wouldn't go near them. Better off playing Delany another year as he is just as good.

McKenzie I'd be happy to look at as long as his body is in good nick and he costs close to nothing.

Prefer Nathan Brown to all others purely as he is a free agent.

He's a lot better than Delaney & his brother & would be a decent full back while Goddard recovers/develops at Sandy.

Spend as much of this years and next years draft picks as possible this year. That leaves us pretty much on the periphery of next years draft.
Hit free agency as hard as possible next year.
Final 4 2018.
Of course if we dip out on free agency next year it leaves us a year behind in top end imported talent, but a year in front on development.
So win win for the Saints.

Spend as much of this years and next years draft picks as possible this year. That leaves us pretty much on the periphery of next years draft.
Hit free agency as hard as possible next year.
Final 4 2018.
Of course if we dip out on free agency next year it leaves us a year behind in top end imported talent, but a year in front on development.
So win win for the Saints.
Pretty much this, although I don't want us to spend picks just for the sake of it. I do think it's a good time for us to get talent in now though, so that they can immediately start either playing or developing.

PS- If we trade next year's first we aren't able to trade any other picks in that draft, so either way we'll have a first or 2nd rounder next year.

Hickey was not shopped. He was enquired about by a few teams. Two who I knew of where the tigers and the dogs

Cmon Stav, i like you.
Don't MAKE me go and find your post from last year where you explicitly said "we shopped him".
It will hurt your reputation as a reliable ITK.

We're you misleading then or now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh FFS he's just suggesting people lay off a bit not saying they are equal, he's trying to get people to have some perspective. He's not getting 12 possessions a game. He's certainly no Richard Tambling, he's getting the ball but lacks a bit of physicality due to his size. He lost a couple of one on ones yesterday that seem to have tainted his performance. There seems to be a willingness to find scape goats every year and a few get way over the top on the negatives and lose perspective. It would be better to ignore his performances and let him develop quietly in the background than ramp the pressure on him.

Again gringo you haven't addressed what I said. You get that wound up you respond to nothing that was even mentioned by me. And how the hell does me or anyone saying things even slightly effect him. This is a saints board. We discuss good and bad things. Don't be so emotive and for god sake respond at least to what is written

You mean like the two long passes he unleashed after slipping would-be tacklers that were inside 50s to Rooey and leading to two goals for him?

I totally agree with you but I was really close when he kicked inside 50 one time and he did get under the ball a little bit. Very minor issue though. Can't wait until he starts racking up 30 weekly

How so?

I mean, i agree with you- but don't know how it relates in this context?
Its like your attacking a guy thats here to provide us with some football food. Your questioning his integrity and daring him to test you on what many would see as a mute point. Chill out.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

There's been the rumour of Tom Boyd to Carlton doing the rounds for a while now. As strange as that sounds.
Boyd? A rich bloke crippled by the size of his own ego and sense of self-entitlement?

He'd fit right in at Carlton.

Its like your attacking a guy thats here to provide us with some football food. Your questioning his integrity and daring him to test you on what many would see as a mute point. Chill out.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I too enjoy the breadcrumbs thrown by our friendly ITKs.
But I'd just like to know if the tales we are told are closer to disney or attenborough.

Apologies, i was unaware it is only us mere mortals who are held to account for what we say.

I spose its a moot point now though.

Cmon Stav, i like you.
Don't MAKE me go and find your post from last year where you explicitly said "we shopped him".
It will hurt your reputation as a reliable ITK.

We're you misleading then or now?
Then "Shopped" was the wrong word to have used last year. We assessed the market last year and weighed up what was out there in terms of offers on our list. Even those who we had no interest in letting go - generally how the trade period works. The first Third of the trade period is generally everyone meeting with everyone and chatting about lists and offers to pry particular players out. We entered last year looking to hold the majority of our list intact - when hawthorn got involved in the Carlisle deal - we reassessed and received offers for particular players. The one i know about was Hickey. We shopped him by having pretty advanced exploratory talks with the Tigers and the Dogs. As we wanted to get back into the first round after trading out pick 5(this was before the Sydney deal was finalised). There wasn't a for sale sign dangled around his neck in the way Hawthorn put one on Shane Savage.It was more of a "Tom isnt for sale, however we are listening to offers". The point was that Baines said Hickey was never on the table and that wasn't true. He was and for a couple hours i thought he might have been gone.

Also my reputation? doesn't bother me whether people believe me or not, as i always have said i will advise people of what i know. If i start getting the reception that i'm not welcome, as people think i am full of Sh1t. I will deactivate my account.In terms of reliability..... i sent 3 pms last night at about 20 past 12... BrianSpeaking Moorabbin Ghost Rahul - I told all 3 i had heard Whispers about Eric Mckenzie yesterday. Then BOOM all over bigfooty this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back