List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Inner Sanctum Thread. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Mr Epic. I have an unraced 3yr old gelding by Husson, so I follow them a lot. Mr Epic is a big chance if he can get on the right leg around the bend

You Sydney people will do anything so a Victorian doesn't win. Good luck with your horse. Ive had a few but no success. Guy from our footy club owns a percentage of POP. What a part he had last year.

He's more an link mid but he can crack in when he needs to.
See Billings as similar in a couple years or hopefully next

Like Lewis, he's predominately a link up, but can take his turn cracking in no problem.

Billings has a nice handball release in tight, so hopefully his body comes along.

How could anyone support GWS in the Finals. It looks like they will get up to 4 first round picks in this year's draft. If they win this year's grand final they will win 4 in a row, I don't think there will be lots of love then, but I'm sure there membership could reach 10,000 by 2020.
Apparently they have 16000 members but only 8000 got PF tickets. Go figure. I suppose if you are a dog or a cat footy doesnt matter too much.

if it is a GWS v Sydney grand final then i struggle to see where the hype for the game will be coming from. they will struggle to sell out the granny, and i'm sure the grand final parade will be significantly smaller than in previous years. the whole feel of it would lack that same sense of excitement as it would if two traditional Victorian clubs were playing in it. the excitement and emotion would be so much more.

If you were a giants player would you not want to go back home and achieve some real success in a real football club? I know i would

if it is a GWS v Sydney grand final then i struggle to see where the hype for the game will be coming from. they will struggle to sell out the granny, and i'm sure the grand final parade will be significantly smaller than in previous years. the whole feel of it would lack that same sense of excitement as it would if two traditional Victorian clubs were playing in it. the excitement and emotion would be so much more.

If you were a giants player would you not want to go back home and achieve some real success in a real football club? I know i would

The parade will be smaller but one thing is certain. The game will be a sell out. And the ratings will be the highest ever.

You Sydney people will do anything so a Victorian doesn't win. Good luck with your horse. Ive had a few but no success. Guy from our footy club owns a percentage of POP. What a part he had last year.
Hey, I resent that. I'm a Victorian (from Mentone).... I just happen to live in Shitney now

MItchell would be a huge addition, games like WC and Sydney where we simply couldn't get our hands on it. We've got decent mids but none who can get heaps of stoppage clearances, I'd easily be offering $650x3. I think he'd be solidly worth that to our team, Mitchell out to Steven Ross Newnes Billings. If it took losing Armo for DP's. I think we'd still be ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO, the quickest way to dismantle the GWS juggernaut is to slowly drag established talent out of that side, in exchange for picks, and hope that the draftees selected by said picks are disappointments. In other words, the outflow of talent will hopefully be greater than the inflow, and these new kids will hopefully be a part of the "salary hungry generation". Meanwhile, existing players are leaving due to the "job done" factor, or merely cashing in on big contracts back home, whilst those who stay will age and eventually retire.

Bit by bit.

IMO, the quickest way to dismantle the GWS juggernaut is to slowly drag established talent out of that side, in exchange for picks, and hope that the draftees selected by said picks are disappointments. In other words, the outflow of talent will hopefully be greater than the inflow, and these new kids will hopefully be a part of the "salary hungry generation". Meanwhile, existing players are leaving due to the "job done" factor, or merely cashing in on big contracts back home, whilst those who stay will age and eventually retire.

Bit by bit.
In many respects, the Giants biggest investment would be recruiting and list management.

In many respects, the Giants biggest investment would be recruiting and list management.

Undoubtedly, and they unfortunately have a good track record with their drafting and list management. Most players that have left their side have been poor quality, whilst the few quality players that have left received ample compensation. There are some exceptions, such as how we got Bruce, however that will always happen when you have such an insane surplus of talent.
Really, it's wishful thinking for me to hope that their drafting will be their downfall, but I cannot really see any other way.

AFL website article on CEY looking around at other options..surely we have a look at hime for some size in the midfield if we could get him Steele and another few players would bolster our size in the mid department. What are peoples thoughts?

"FRINGE Adelaide midfielder Cam Ellis-Yolmen will weigh up his options before deciding whether to request a trade for the chance to play more senior football.

The 23-year-old is contracted until the end of 2017 and has been told he is a required player, but only managed two senior games for the Crows this year despite Patrick Dangerfield's departure to Geelong.

Ellis-Yolmen is in his fifth season with the Crows and was a standout in their SANFL side this year.

"Cam just wants an opportunity to play AFL," Ellis-Yolmen's manager Ben Williams told The Advertiser.

"He loves the Crows and thinks he can play an important role for them going forward, but he is a bit frustrated by his lack of game time.

"That's what he has to consider so he'll assess all his options, see what the Crows want to do with their midfield and see how the trade period plays out."

Selected with the 64th overall pick in the 2011 draft, Ellis-Yolmen had to wait until 2014 to make his debut.

His most productive season was last year when he played 11 games, averaging 16 possessions and 4.8 tackles.

This year, Ellis-Yolmen played in Adelaide's round 20 win against the Brisbane Lions and their round 23 loss to West Coast, kicking two goals in each game.

Veteran midfielder Scott Thompson is likely to sign a one-year extension with the Crows next week.

They are also keen to retain out-of-contract midfielder Jarryd Lyons.

The Crows could be active during the trade period in a bid to bolster their midfield and have been linked to several big names to assist Rory Sloane.

But the club champion insists the likes of Ellis-Yolmen, Rory Atkins (aged 22), Lyons (24) and Matt (21) and Brad Crouch (22) can continue to improve.

"I think there's easily enough depth," Sloane said.

"Media creates a bit of pressure from games throughout the year, unfortunately we got our colours lowered against Sydney (in the semi-final) as a midfield group on the weekend and that's where all this stems from.

"When we all chip in and play our role as a group, you see some of our best wins during the year.

"We certainly got the guys there, it's about making sure we're consistent as a whole group and a whole team."

Matt Crouch – who finished seventh – was the only other midfielder besides Sloane in the top 10 in the club's best and fairest count on Friday night."

I think I would rather have Mitchell than Rockliff if we get a choice. They seem to be similar sort of players but Mitchell is younger, out of contract and will come for cheaper both $$$ wise as well draft picks wise. Also, Mitchell comes from a successful culture up at the Swans while Rockliff seems to have created his fair share of issues at the Lions and now wants to leave the sinking ship he was at helm at.

I understand its probably a long shot we get either but if there was a choice, I can easily see why Mitchell > Rockliff.

EDIT: Also go Giants this weekend! And not even because their players may leave. Hope they destroy the Doggies and leave Bevo crying all the way through pre-season. Stupid club with their stupid dramas. Hope they lose so badly, they never have confidence to walk onto a footy field again and their supporters' tears create a massive ocean that solve the world's water issues.

How could anyone support GWS in the Finals. It looks like they will get up to 4 first round picks in this year's draft. If they win this year's grand final they will win 4 in a row, I don't think there will be lots of love then, but I'm sure there membership could reach 10,000 by 2020.
I'm actually keen to see them win this year and absolutely dominate for a short while; so that the backlash will be strong enough to make the AFL rescind some of their advantages and bring them back to a more level playing field. Can't see us beating them for sheer talent for at least a decade - which is why coaching and development are such an issue for us (and also why we are ahead of expectations at this point in time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back