2017 Membership - The March Towards 50k!

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like I must be the only one who loves the design of the new scarf. Looks so classy! It's a home run hit IMO. I know it's a lot of red. But it just looks 100% quality! The colour scheme looks like a fashion accessory which I'm all for. Do we really want the same looking scarf in our memberships packs every year?...

Can't believe people are actually saying they preferred last years considering the writing and logo was completely pixilated. Feel as if people just complain for the sake of it sometimes.

IMG_5929.JPG

Last edited:
Still waiting for my membership pack but from the ones who have received them they stuff in there looks good. Mine says it's currently in-transit from the 14 Dec 2016.

Can't believe people are actually saying they preferred last years considering the writing and logo was completely pixilated. Feel as if people just complain for the sake of it sometimes.
Nah not complaining for the sake of it, just genuinely don't like the 2017 scarf. Not enough blue, looks too much like a piece of Where's Wally clothing but hey just my opinion.
Loved the 2016 scarf the moist out of all the membership scarves I have accumulated over the years. I liked it could also be held over your head with the 'Be More Bulldog' slogan, creating soccer crowd like feel and shows we are a unified supporter group. Agree pixelated bulldog was not the best.

But the best scarf is the premiers one ;)

Does anyone know how to activate the 10% discount at the online shop? I've tried membership numbers and barcodes but nothing working.

Does anyone know how to activate the 10% discount at the online shop? I've tried membership numbers and barcodes but nothing working.

The discount was stopped a couple of weeks after the GF. Think they were tring to cash in on all the extra sales.

I've forgotten, is there a scarf or beanie that come with a VFL membership or is it just a lanyard/card/fixture?

just received my sideline pack yesterday. Picked the scarf as i already have a beanie. Would have to say i've seen better but oh well its good enough! Brought a smile when I went to the letterbox for once!

Thats good to hear, I live in Adelaide too and am hopeful my sideline will arrive tomorrow! Was your membership card in the pack? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit annoyed at myself because i started membership in 2007, went through to 2009, and then I sort of lost passion for the game, but was still supporting the dogs when I could. Halfway through 2014 I decided i was going to buy my membership the following year, and from then on I have been absolutely glued to anything Bulldogs! I wish i kept getting my memberships through those years because now it only says member since 2015 not 2007:(

Thinking next year I might look at an Interstate Social Club Membership. Then I can go to the Adelaide game and four others in Melbourne while also guaranteed a ticket to the GF if we make it!

Had the exact same thought as you and did that this year (oct)and change from sideline to Interstate Social Club Membership. Unfortunately mate there is now a big waiting list (which you need to put a deposit) for social club membership so will probably be a few years till you get it.

Last edited:
I just checked out the membership packages on the "dogs website. Top Dogs coterie group sold out too. Not sure if this happens often.

Mine goes back to 1976. Think it could be a little more but that is ok.

Personally when I am heavily involved in local footy such as the last 5 years i see my membership as simply a donation to the club.

After our finals campaign as long as i get tickets to the games i want i am happy. They cost more and we get more financial so be it.
Was there in 89, put in more than i could afford then as i love the club.

In a better personal position now, still love the club and they have given me the greatest 50th year of my life. No more complaints from me

A bit annoyed at myself because i started membership in 2007, went through to 2009, and then I sort of lost passion for the game, but was still supporting the dogs when I could. Halfway through 2014 I decided i was going to buy my membership the following year, and from then on I have been absolutely glued to anything Bulldogs! I wish i kept getting my memberships through those years because now it only says member since 2015 not 2007:(
I was similarly diehard from 05 til about 2010 and had a membership all that time. Once we hit the McCartney years I'd stopped going to games and didn't bother with a membership (it was already mostly there to support the club but wasn't worth the cost once I was non-concession. I didn't even enjoy watching on TV at that point)

Once Bevo came I got on the 3 game memberships and now I live in the CBD so I've gone back to the 11 game option.

I'm a bit the same. Being interstate like yourself the membership is basically just a donation since I don't get to attend many games but I still wish I would've been paid up consistently every year.

I really like the new scarf. I know that we have made blue our primary colour, but remember that red and white are our colours too!

I was similarly diehard from 05 til about 2010 and had a membership all that time. Once we hit the McCartney years I'd stopped going to games and didn't bother with a membership (it was already mostly there to support the club but wasn't worth the cost once I was non-concession. I didn't even enjoy watching on TV at that point)

Once Bevo came I got on the 3 game memberships and now I live in the CBD so I've gone back to the 11 game option.

I am the same but sub Macca for Rhode and I started in 1990. Still went most weeks but was in the corporate gravy train so didn't see the point in paying to see us lose.

Been in Top Dogs since Eade's last season. Battled through the Macca years. Enjoyed those years more than the Rhode years.

Got my membership pack today. Yes I do agree the scarf does have a lot of white in it and should be more predominately blue but honestly that is a classic first world problem. Happy that I chose the beanie which will come in handy over those cold winter months. Disappointing we got only one sticker but can't complain as the main thing you want is the membership card. It is great be on board for my 5th year as a Western Bulldogs member.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back