List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if this happens to eventuate what are we getting from Hawthorn.
And by the way JG I'm with you.
Supposedly a first rounder.

Thinking about it, they don't have one this year so it may have to be next years. Wouldn't be the worst pick to bring in but not sure why we would cripple our defence while trying to improve our side.

The thought of losing Robbo to Hawthorn makes me sick and I'm not sure how it can be seen as any sort of positive

Yep, would completely off set the positive of Lever. It makes us top heavy with tall backs and a man down with losing Joey at the same time as Robbo and Gilbo near the end. It means we go from having a great backline to needing White and Mc Kenzie to go up to an elite level very very quickly. It probably puts finals back another year. We haven't bothered offering Savage a contract either so potentially we lose Roberton probably our best player this year, Joey, our only player rated elite last year by position and Savage who has been elite since he made it back and there is no guarantee Gilbo goes on and Brown probably only has next year in him. It would be idiotic list management.

Yep, would completely off set the positive of Lever. It makes us top heavy with tall backs and a man down with losing Joey at the same time as Robbo and Gilbo near the end. It means we go from having a great backline to needing White and Mc Kenzie to go up to an elite level very very quickly. It probably puts finals back another year. We haven't bothered offering Savage a contract either so potentially we lose Roberton probably our best player this year, Joey, our only player rated elite last year by position and Savage who has been elite since he made it back and there is no guarantee Gilbo goes on and Brown probably only has next year in him. It would be idiotic list management.
You could make it work pittard is a free agent but what is the point.

Lever is in play if we loose robbo not the other way around imho.

You could make it work pittard is a free agent but what is the point.

Lever is in play if we loose robbo not the other way around imho.

i reckon as you said it would be Pittard the like for like but then we probably end up paying more money for a similar player. Seems to be dumb, surely if it contract length you just do it, not Joel Smith him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree. He's got size going for him but he looks clumbsly & slow as a wet week

I think he'll be a good player long term but he is too similar to a lot of our guys.

Ralphy on Fox Sports last night got confused asf when asked about Kelly & Hopper going to particular clubs. He said Geelong as a suitor, he made it sound like he was talking about Kelly going there but he clearly meant Hopper. What a peanut.

Ralph has NFI.

Ameet's party trick with Clarko and the Hawks will have made other teams wary of us.

I know all we did was help the Hawks get a deal done but the papers played it up as outrageous, some even wondered how the afl let the deal go ahead.

I think whoever we deal with this year will take their time before they agree to anything.

i reckon as you said it would be Pittard the like for like but then we probably end up paying more money for a similar player. Seems to be dumb, surely if it contract length you just do it, not Joel Smith him.
The longer it goes on the worse it looks, I would like to see the club announce billings as well.

If we can't lock away our own players what hope do we have of luring away other teams players, it's a lousy look for the club.

Don't read between the lines on this but Jake Lever will be the best defender in the league in 2 years time. Think a better skilled Rance. He also is the most mature and diligent young player you'll ever come across who just oozes leadership.
He's the complete package and if he decided to leave Adelaide I think every club in Melbourne would be prepared to offer huge money for him.

I'm not suggesting I like this idea, but what if we got a 1st rounder for Robbo & then a Pittard as a FA. Net result is we gain a 1st rounder for a swap of similar players on similar coin (although I think Robbo is a better player, but the example still holds)

Don't read between the lines on this but Jake Lever will be the best defender in the league in 2 years time. Think a better skilled Rance. He also is the most mature and diligent young player you'll ever come across who just oozes leadership.
He's the complete package and if he decided to leave Adelaide I think every club in Melbourne would be prepared to offer huge money for him.
I take that as a dead certain lock for the Saints and if it is not I am blaming MG

Lots of talk over here that Jesse Hogan might not be as settled in Melbourne despite the recent contract extension

Melbourne trying to delay the conversation until the end of the year

In all honestly he looks lost. He's had a tough year off field with his old man passing away & his own personal health issues so you can totally understand. I reckon Melbourne would move him on if the right deal was to be put in front of them.

I'm hearin ya - Lever to Saints, done deal!

Totally agree. He's got size going for him but he looks clumbsly & slow as a wet week

Hopper looks avg.
He's playing the Jack Steele role for them this year.
Just compared Steele's stats last year with Hopper's this year, fairly similar, Steele the slightly better forward Hopper the better inside mid and that's a fair reflection of them.

Hopper needs game time in the middle or people to see how good he can really be. I don't really want him cause he's more of the same but I'd reckon his potential would be Josh Kennedy (syd) and Steele's would be Callan Ward

In all honestly he looks lost. He's had a tough year off field with his old man passing away & his own personal health issues so you can totally understand. I reckon Melbourne would move him on if the right deal was to be put in front of them.
You would hope under the circumstances that all clubs involved would respect the young blokes whishes and if need be strike a fair deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back