List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could I just believe it's based on a big fish. Few other things I've heard that I can't get clarification on so I don't feel comfortable saying as this place bays for blood if it doesn't pan out. Hopefully good news to come in the next month or so
Commonly known as JOM syndrome...

I had a bad case of it myself all last year & it hit me really hard early this year, but it seems to have resolved over the last 2-3 months ;)

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Martin left Richmond. Mick Warner said last night that Richmond couldn't or wouldn't offer more than 6 x 1.1m.

I reckon we could easily blow the Tigers out of the water if we want him, while also having cap room for Kelly.

I don't think it's as unlikely as others may think.

Yep, and he'd cost us zero draft picks or players.

If he were able to get back to his form from two years ago he would be an great pick up for nothing.
Frankly, if he came under that scenario then OK. I don't see him as a match winner that will step up like Dusty or Danger.

However, if we land Kelly our midfield improves, and I then see him as a bonus contributor who will benefit from a strong midfield. 30 goals is not to be sneezed at because we haven't had it since Milne retired.

He isn't the solution on his own, but certainly can be a vital part of the solution.

Frankly, if he came under that scenario then OK. I don't see him as a match winner that will step up like Dusty or Danger.

However, if we land Kelly our midfield improves, and I then see him as a bonus contributor who will benefit from a strong midfield. 30 goals is not to be sneezed at because we haven't had it since Milne retired.

He isn't the solution on his own, but certainly can be a vital part of the solution.
For mine, Motlop is x-factor with a touch of class. He will have quiet days & he will have huge days. Does he add something to our team that we lack? * yeah he does - speed & class. I'm not a massive Motlop fan but he'd be very useful for us & if he came free, why not?

Not sure how much it's been mentioned before, but what are the chances of sending Armitage to QLD? What would his value be if he gets his groin right for a good pre season? He's only just turned 29, would the Suns be interested in sending us one of their second rounders? They've currently got something like 22, 23 and 24, then 32 and 42.

If we could somehow snag 24 for Armo, then we can do our 1st picks 2017+2018 for Kelly, then if we need to trade for Dusty we can use pick 6 (hawks) plus 24, which is equal to pick 2 in points.

Probably doubtful we'd get a 20's pick for Armo, but we should probably look at trading him anyway while we still can. Suns may have a soft spot for us since we allowed them to trade O'Meara out?

Not sure how much it's been mentioned before, but what are the chances of sending Armitage to QLD? What would his value be if he gets his groin right for a good pre season? He's only just turned 29, would the Suns be interested in sending us one of their second rounders? They've currently got something like 22, 23 and 24, then 32 and 42.

If we could somehow snag 24 for Armo, then we can do our 1st picks 2017+2018 for Kelly, then if we need to trade for Dusty we can use pick 6 (hawks) plus 24, which is equal to pick 2 in points.

Probably doubtful we'd get a 20's pick for Armo, but we should probably look at trading him anyway while we still can. Suns may have a soft spot for us since we allowed them to trade O'Meara out?

No one wants him, he's busted up & has an 80 year olds back.

What a rubbish article.

"Where is Jimmy Webster at"??

'Dunstan hasn't come on and that is why we recruited Freeman'?? What?

'Zak Jones uses the ball really well'??

He also rates Pittard and Johannisen above Whitfield....

Does he even write his own articles? because , if he does, he has some serious comprehension issues.

I honestly believe getting both dusty and jelly is a possibility. Not likely, but we could do it

Would need dusty as a FA obviously

Richmond will sack players to make sure they match any Dusty bid. With the likelihood of a 13 to 18 compensation they aren't going to take that unless they somehow won the flag and then they may not care as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this is our best hope now with Martin and Fyfe staying at their own clubs?
Kelly and Motlop? We better hope we land a champ mid with our first pick as we need two more classy mids to take the next step. Also we need freeman to keep climbing and long to prove he was worth our first pick hey.

No idea on who. Eerily quiet. But im hoping Kelly - falls in line with richos sentiment the other week at the open forum

Pretty much every other player would be a burn down Moorabbin scenario if you paid out 2 firsts for him. I'm still not happy giving up both for 1 player but if we gave that up for Whitfield or even for a player who is a Free Agent I would crack it. I would hope we would get a steak knife player to go with that trade.

So this is our best hope now with Martin and Fyfe staying at their own clubs?
Kelly and Motlop? We better hope we land a champ mid with our first pick as we need two more classy mids to take the next step. Also we need freeman to keep climbing and long to prove he was worth our first pick hey.
Are these questions or statements . Don't quite follow .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back