2019 FEDERAL ELECTION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
quoting for later...

The key word you said being “more”.

There’s a slow down coming in around 2-3 years. No doubt.

You understand the construction sector is current working through planning approvals from the peak of the property market from 16/17?

We are at a historical peak for the construction sector at the moment.

ABC privatised by next week, Adani will go ahead, crumbs will be thrown to workers, big end of town get wealthier, increase of Australian wealth into fewer hands, more businesses head to Cayman Islands to avoid paying taxes, independent schools get cash, Medicare run down etc etc etc
And people wonder why the left is failing.

It’s why Ive never understood the polls, never did Shorten get much love as preferred PM yet they always had Labor winning.
I always looked at it as the public tolerating Shorten and liking the policies of the ALP. Turns out we are going down the US route of voting for leaders rather than policy and parties.

Definitely to the right of Melbourne, but I don't really agree with this, based on the SSM survey.

Around 61% of Queenslanders voted for gay marriage, and the figure was even higher in SE Queensland.
Gay marriage is a once off issue. Most people come to agree with it through their own social interactions.

Other parts of the left-liberal platform are heavily disagreed with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petrie has been retained very comfortably.

It is no longer a marginal LNP seat.

Basically, whoever wins Petrie wins government.

I'll call this for the LNP.

This is the greatest victory ever in Australian politics.

It's very possible that the ALP won't win in 2022 either if Petrie's status holds, unless this election breaks Petrie's status as a bellwether seat.
Nah, if we have a recession the LNP will be cooked.

It’s why Ive never understood the polls, never did Shorten get much love as preferred PM yet they always had Labor winning.
The same reason no one saw Trump winning. If anyone admits they're voting conservative they're looked down upon and/or scolded for being racist/sexist etc. So why would anyone admit it?

So I asked my old man about what Labor did wrong. He said Albo wouldn't have won this election. He reckons Labor put out too many policies and it scared people. His words were "too much too soon".

So I guess that confirms policies don't really matter.

It was too much, focussed on too many things that didn't matter. They need to narrow their focus, and find something that mattered to the majority of Australians. Climate change wasn't it.

It's not about if you want the cool kid to be the PM, it's if you want someone to be the PM at all. If you can't win an election your policy is irrelevant.

I strongly dislike him, but Scott Morrison has much more camera presence than Shorten. Your average low information voter has tuned out by Shortens second sentence in a speech.
To each their own, but I’d say Morrison’s smug grin, arrogance and shoutiness are more offensive than Shorten’s...nerdiness, lack of charisma?

The scary thing is that this is one of the most disfunctional Liberal Governments to retain office. Going forward, their reliance on Queensland and a ******* leader means they'll stay that way.

(They're saying losing Abbott will help the party but we'll see).

I can't see Labor winning the next election either unless the economy plummets.

Climate change really is the concern here. All the other issues whatever.

Funny thing is though that Shorten's PPM was not too much below Morrison's.

Was it that he was unpopular, or was that he was overly ambitious in scope? I think the latter was the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back