List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dogs seemingly dont want to make any effort to get Bruce/Keath through the door, so we will probably accept 32 for him in the last hour and on trade it to you for Jones.

Bruce into Jones....Not Happy Jan!

I said that is what would happen 2 weeks ago. Nothing has changed. And I agree we need back up rucks. The problem is we got one that will play in the 22
Think you will find that rightly or wrongly the club intends on playing 2 Ruck/Fwd's next year!

If Acres is included then we will get a pick/s back.
Looks like Acres being included is a given.

If it's 10, next year's first and Acres for Hill and say 22 then we have overpaid big time.

If Acres is included, I see no reason why we should include anything on top of pick 10.

If it is insisted on, then we should trade 10, Acres and next year's 2nd for Hill & 22.

Either way, I am shattered to be losing Blake as a nothing steak knives pick before he has a chance to show his worth under Ratts.

Maybe if Blake actually dominated a game in a position he would have cemented a spot, as it is he is so up and down, Need to stop this thinking he is going to be consistent all of a sudden
Exactly. 6 years in and we are still talking about his potential rather than what he has actually doing.

Incredibly risky strategy. King is completely unproven and might really struggle. Ryder is the wrong side of 30 and not the player he once was and Membrey is a third tall.

Giving up Bruce for the price we'd get for him next year seems short sighted to me.

Even if he does nothing else, King will get hands to the ball first on most occasions. That'll do nicely.

I reckon Ryder will do most of the centre bounce work and Roma more around the ground. I don't reckon Ryder's done, I think he was jaded in the environment at Port and it appears a fair few others were too.

Assuming we finish the Hill deal and get in Jones, we're cooking with gas.

Where would Bruce fit in unless there were injuries?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also said it’s been very professional despite the majority of this boards preconceived ideas about Bell.

Our preconceived ideas about Bell were that he would deal in good faith.

That's been shown up as BS.

Otherwise you'd have pick 6 in your pocket.

Looking forward to the day when this particular dish can be returned to Freo icy cold.

That’s a very big amount to give for Hill but ultimately I’m happy if we get the 5 deals done and keep our first next year. Got to look at this holistically as a massive net gain for the club. The list needed a shake up. It’s getting it. Acres was not going to be the player this board hoped he was. He may well be that player at Freo though. That is the definition of a win win imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back