List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph’s article doesn’t make sense. Says 10, future second and 58 agreed to. Then says Acres might be thrown in. If we have agreed to a deal, we’re not going to just throw in Acres for the fun of it. If Acres is going, I reckon something else comes back.

Or they may prefer Acres rather than pick 58.
So 10, a second and Acres
Rather than 10, a second and 58.
If I were them I’d prefer the player.

Sounds just too much overs to get Acres and the pick, unless we have something coming back that will get us Jones.
I would like that because then we can really play hardball on Bruce.

But he never considered going to the Saints...

This pretty much tells us everyone, including his family, were all invested in him coming to StKilda until GC (AFL) threw a ridiculous amount of money at him. Someone's father doesnt ring the GM of Footy at a club to tell him that unless something was already agreed upon between the parties.

Exactly, Lethlean came out and said that Ben will be playing for the Suns at the start of trade period... No need for Ben's father to then call Lethlean and explain the extension Ben has been offered... unless there was always a plan to potentially get Ben to the Saints during this trade period.

The deal will be as follows:

Pick 10, future second round pick OR Acres, and Pick 58 (from Steven trade).

For Hill and a future fourth round pick.

I’m hoping we give them the second round pick. We’ll still be able to acquire Jones with the Pick we get from Bruce.

Is this opinion or ITK knowledge before we get all excited about this option?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The deal will be as follows:

Pick 10, future second round pick OR Acres, and Pick 58 (from Steven trade).

For Hill and a future fourth round pick.

I’m hoping we give them the second round pick. We’ll still be able to acquire Jones with the Pick we get from Bruce.

I really hope it's acres because with no bing in the frame we still have plenty of use for bruce for the next few years.

We should be holding onto him unless a truly terrific offer is made to us.

Blake on the other hand is far easier to replace than bruce.
Don't see anyone offering blake 750k anytime soon.

Then again, if I had it my way we wouldn't be bringing in jones at all- he's just another non mid b grader to add to our already overflowing stockpile.

Just keep bruce (barring a well overs offer) and acres, send future 2nd to freo and forget about jones

Quick outline?

basically Ben King's dad called him to give him the heads up Ben was going to re-sign and the terms

he also said he's been in constant dialog with him and the mum. his advice to the mum was if that was the deal offered to him, he should take it.

so i don't think this came as a surprise to us. also it doesn't affect what we do with the future pick at all.

basically what i took away from it, is our club has a very good relationship with both guys and their family. very close one.

Jesus Christ if that is the deal not even the biggest nuffies in here could justify that.

The general consensus around here is that Acres is worth a 2nd rounder. Before people say otherwise the bloke is contracted and still has huge scope.

So 10, 58 and 2 bloody seconds for Hill? You would have to be joking.

How could anyone honestly say that they would prefer Hill to that package? Let's bloody walk and go to the draft.

I would way rather keep Acres than get Jones and now we are going to just give him away? F that.

Yeah I won't be happy if we lose Acres to Freo especially if we give him away for next to nothing, he has the potential to be better than Jones or even Hill.

Was in the gym at the club at midday today

#GOATwatch

I saw him at an IGA in Moe this evening. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

...basically what i took away from it, is our club has a very good relationship with both guys and their family. very close one.

Pretty sure it’s going to stay that way.
We will get him sooner of later.

People on here are bizarre at times.

Yesterday it’s “no deals happening, we’re not doing anything, we’ll miss out on all our deals.”

Now it’s “Howard’s over rated, we’ve been reamed, Hill is an okay player but over hyped, Acres will be a star.”

We’re on the verge of our most successful trade period since 2001. Hills a star, Jones slots straight into our midfield, Howard is a 8-9 year key defender, we’ve kept our 2020 first round pick..

It’s called trade period for a reason. You generally trade players “out” to trade players “in”.

Good luck to Brucey and Blake. Josh is one of my favourite players, heart and soul kinda guy. Personally Blake is neither here nor there, almost 25 and I’m confident he hasn’t finished top 10 in and BnF.

Lots of love for Stuv. Future Hall of Famer.

Lethlean really explained the bruce and stuv trades in that interview. i'm paraphrasing:
Stuv: we need to do the right thing by him. so his trade value won't reflect jack at his best,
Bruce: different to stuv. he's a required player, very important to our structure. we need to be compensated adequately.

so my read on this is Geelong were not that keen on Stuv. it's a sympathy trade from both parties here. so i reckon we won't be getting anything in the first two rounds. sounds like the pick 58 is about what we will get. maybe some extra late picks thrown in.

bruce is a different story. dogs are gonna have get some middle ground if they don't wanna part with pick 13

#GOATwatch

I saw him at an IGA in Moe this evening. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Interesting...I heard that very story about Carlisle a while back 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back