List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I question whether Geelong would want Steven. Surely we aren’t going to let him go & pay half his wage? Stuff that. If they want him they can take his 800 large as well.

I prefer us to pay his wage, which means they would have to cough up a decent trade for it to happen.

Jack Sinclair isn’t our problem, personally I think he’s been pretty good although we don’t use him as well as we might.

Jack Martin is a completely different player as is his role with the GC, as such comparisons between the two are pointless. I wouldn’t be trading Sinclair we need more players with his run not less, we need some outside speed and some line breaking runners. With more space Sinclair’s run is likely to be rewarded, plus guys who run both ways and help block space and defend often don’t get stats despite the effort.

He could always play h/b where you’re just about guaranteed 20+ cheap uncontested possessions a week as they switch the ball back and forth between themselves.

Simple- trading for the sake of trading is dumb.

If we are faced with a choice of:
A. Trading in B-C graders and trading out existing B-C graders or
B. Doing nothing.

... as a bottom 4 side who hasn't seen a final in 8 years, we are better off doing nothing.

Those moves are merely shifting deckchairs on the titanic.
But where would we be if we were a 3 points worse side in 1966?

You should always look to improve your side no matter how small the increment. The only issue to consider is the cost of the improvement.

I prefer us to pay his wage, which means they would have to cough up a decent trade for it to happen.

That’s assuming Geelong would give up a half decent pick. He’s a massive risk for a club to take on him. I think Geelong would only take him under the perfect scenario where they only paid part of his salary & used a late pick. It’s a classic salary dump move if we are that way inclined or he stays a Saint. My gut feel is he will stay a Saint because no one else will he willing to take the risk on him.

That’s assuming Geelong would give up a half decent pick. He’s a massive risk for a club to take on him. I think Geelong would only take him under the perfect scenario where they only paid part of his salary & used a late pick. It’s a classic salary dump move if we are that way inclined or he stays a Saint. My gut feel is he will stay a Saint because no one else will he willing to take the risk on him.
Excellent!
Saints 2020 centre line:
Steven, Coniglio, Hannebery
😁

Gws and hawks
Broadcaster Hamish McLachlan says his former business partner and sought-after free agent Stephen Coniglio’s choice is down to two clubs — and Carlton isn’t one.

Saints and Hawks

it's happening

I think we have more C & D graders than B & C graders , but agree what we trade in has to be an improvement on what we get rid off
C and D get delisted not traded. I think our players worth something are also required. We refuse to do the hard yards at the draft where bottom sides usually do their building up from before going for the finishing touches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C and D get delisted not traded. I think our players worth something are also required. We refuse to do the hard yards at the draft where bottom sides usually do their building up from before going for the finishing touches.
Apart from Jake, when was the last time we traded away our first pick?
Hawks? We got theirs back the next year.

Refusal to use to the hard work in the draft is a myth.

We have Jake and Hanners as the only 2 major imports.

Jake got us Gresh and Dan cost a 2nd.

Kent the only notable exception. Even he wasnt a high pick.

In fact we have used all our top 25 of recent times.

Apart from Jake, when was the last time we traded away our first pick?
Hawks? We got theirs back the next year.

Refusal to use to the hard work in the draft is a myth.

We have Jake and Hanners as the only 2 major imports.

Jake got us Gresh and Dan cost a 2nd.

Kent the only notable exception. Even he wasnt a high pick.

In fact we have used all our top 25 of recent times.

Brett Lee

Jack Sinclair isn’t our problem, personally I think he’s been pretty good although we don’t use him as well as we might.

Jack Martin is a completely different player as is his role with the GC, as such comparisons between the two are pointless. I wouldn’t be trading Sinclair we need more players with his run not less, we need some outside speed and some line breaking runners. With more space Sinclair’s run is likely to be rewarded, plus guys who run both ways and help block space and defend often don’t get stats despite the effort.

He could always play h/b where you’re just about guaranteed 20+ cheap uncontested possessions a week as they switch the ball back and forth between themselves.

If Jack S leaves, Jack B might follow

He won't want to go anywhere else because no-where else is within a commute to Lorne.
They could get him with a late pick but why on earth would the Saints want to pay part of his salary with that sort of deal.
He may not want to stay a Saint, for the same reasons he wants to go to the Cats, if the Cats don't want him its StKilda or retirement.
If the Cats want him, they need to pay , one way or the other.

We’ve butchered some very early picks and it’s hurt us badly.

We seem to have improved recently. I wish we'd get players that would play from day one though. King and Bytel had better be worth the wait. Rozee and others already look like they will be guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back