List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know this will be one of my famously despised suggestions because it involves slaughtering a sacred cow.
(And boy oh boy do us saints fans love seeing champion players in dud teams.)

But while we have all the cards on the table- We are tying ourselves in knots attempting to shoehorn ben king into our team when he would cost a bomb and we are well stocked for talls and desperate for mids......

I'd be open to exploring the reverse and seeing what insane deal GC would do for max.

They coughed up pick 2 for bloody lachie weller they are that desperate.

Picks 1 and 2 for Max King?

Pick 1 and Fiorini for Max King?

Ryder in as a FA and away we go towards a flag?
You are Chris Pelchen, right? Or just a poster with a deathwish?

He might need to dumb it down a bit
I seriously reckon Dal is going to rule the footy media in a few years, the guy is a natural. New school, well informed not too blokey but has a wit and charisma that work well on screen. Just check out that video that turned up this week him reminiscing with BJ. Love listening to him speak, good luck to him. We're lucky to have him at our club, the more the better in my opinion.

Last edited:
So where are all the ‘shouldn’t have traded Hickey’ people today. He was absolute garbage last night and one very big reason the Eagles were absolutely smashed.
Even when they scored two quick ones in the last and the crowd was behind the Eagles, he did a belly flop in the centre clearance and the Hawks scored straight away....like I have said he is mindset cancer...glad he is someone else’s problem and we have discovered a champion ruckman in his absence. Yeah Hickey does well against the weaker rucks but he will let you down when it counts...no heart, weak of mind.
I always forget this but you're right. Just another product of the amicable Sometimes Saints that Trout and Richo built.

Would you like to be on the end of our forward fifty entries?
It's been like that for years, he's such a leader at the club why isn't he doing something about it? Happy to let it be. He should be demanding that ball, putting pressure on coaches to train differently, to drop poor deliverers. You reckon Roo, Brown, Dunstan would put up with it?

What are the sports bet odds of Gibbs leaving?
We only need elite mids - not saying Gibbs wasn't - but we need B.Crouch and I'm pretty sure a swap with Dunstan could be done with something else.
Having Ross , Steele , Gresham , Hannebery , Hunter Clark , B.Crouch with Steven and Bytel to be thought of as well .Anyone else would just be taking time off Gresham , Hunter Clark and Bytel.
Then again if we get a Coniglio as well then we then about moving Steele or Ross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take Gibbs and play him off half back.
By the looks this trade period could be huge for the club , having Fremantle , Adelaide , Port and Melbourne basically in meltdown there could be a assortment of players available.
Going by Adelaide you could just about take whoever you want - which is a sad state of affairs for the club.

Brad Hill and Brad Crouch should be our main targets , after that just look at what shakes loose.

Newnes , Dunstan , Savage , Acres , Carlisle , Sinclair , Steven could all be put on the market.
These players have value and if they are moved they have to be replaced with something better.

So after listening to ratts who is in trouble? Either delisted or offered up for trade/open to offers.

My list would be;

White
Longer
Pierce
Rowe
Armo
Dunstan
Acres
Lonie
Newnes
Ross
Mckenzie
carlisle
Rice

Wishful thinking believing that Geelong will let a contracted, promising, injury free, 20 year old Constable go. Best deal we could hope for losing Stuv is Geelong's pick 36. Stuv is no guarantee to even play out his first season down there, his head still isn't totally committed to AFL.

Ratten making a lot of the right noises at the latest presser about skills and getting rid of those without them. The clubs biggest issue is that most of the biggest accumulators in the team aren't great kicks. Ross, Dunstan, Steele, Stuv, Hanners, Newnes and Gresh. Too many.

Gresh needs to go back to the pocket and stay there.
Stuv will obviously be gone.
Why we offered Newnes a new deal is beyond me.
Whilst Ratten is talking a big game he is not going to get rid of Dunstan given they just recontracted him, newnes has a new offer in front of him and I doubt Ratten has the stones to trade Ross. Sadly it looks like the teams skill issues will continue into the foreseeable future.

As for Acres, he is a reasonable kick and I think his best position is on the ball. However the club chooses not to play him there often enough, if that is to continue under Ratten and they are keeping all these other guys, then we may as well cash in and trade him. We are getting very little value from him on the field. Freo will be desperate for mature midfielders after Hill and Langdon walk out, Acres is a WA lad, time to take advantage. Get a pick off them and invest in a skilled midfield kicker in the draft.

Finally, under no circumstances trade Bruce, he dominated when Roo took the best defender. With Max coming into the forward line next year those 2 as a combo will help each other immensely.

Wishful thinking believing that Geelong will let a contracted, promising, injury free, 20 year old Constable go. Best deal we could hope for losing Stuv is Geelong's pick 36. Stuv is no guarantee to even play out his first season down there, his head still isn't totally committed to AFL.

Ratten making a lot of the right noises at the latest presser about skills and getting rid of those without them. The clubs biggest issue is that most of the biggest accumulators in the team aren't great kicks. Ross, Dunstan, Steele, Stuv, Hanners, Newnes and Gresh. Too many.

Gresh needs to go back to the pocket and stay there.
Stuv will obviously be gone.
Why we offered Newnes a new deal is beyond me.
Whilst Ratten is talking a big game he is not going to get rid of Dunstan given they just recontracted him, newnes has a new offer in front of him and I doubt Ratten has the stones to trade Ross. Sadly it looks like the teams skill issues will continue into the foreseeable future.

As for Acres, he is a reasonable kick and I think his best position is on the ball. However the club chooses not to play him there often enough, if that is to continue under Ratten and they are keeping all these other guys, then we may as well cash in and trade him. We are getting very little value from him on the field. Freo will be desperate for mature midfielders after Hill and Langdon walk out, Acres is a WA lad, time to take advantage. Get a pick off them and invest in a skilled midfield kicker in the draft.

Finally, under no circumstances trade Bruce, he dominated when Roo took the best defender. With Max coming into the forward line next year those 2 as a combo will help each other immensely.
Contract means nothing during trade period , if a player finds out they are getting a higher rated player for the position in which they play , the contracted player would look at what is offered to him at another club , rather than playing some of the season in the 2s.

Contract means nothing during trade period , if a player finds out they are getting a higher rated player for the position in which they play , the contracted player would look at what is offered to him at another club , rather than playing some of the season in the 2s.

He will slot into their team when Kelly leaves. I am sure they also have him in their long term plans to replace Selwood too. Ablett may retire, which would probably push danger into the forward line more, opening up more midfield opportunities. Players at his age don't tend to jump ship. I hope he does but seems unlikely.

He will slot into their team when Kelly leaves. I am sure they also have him in their long term plans to replace Selwood too. Ablett may retire, which would probably push danger into the forward line more, opening up more midfield opportunities. Players at his age don't tend to jump ship. I hope he does but seems unlikely.
Dunstan can only play in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back