2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note Oliver who has been locked into my team for awhile showed just why i have him

Has been in my side for long parts of the preseason but in recent days I've found the extra cash to get up to Treloar/Brouch in that spot. Still very keen on Oliver but his round 2 date with de Boer (who held him to a 60 last year) has me fearful that he could drop significantly in price early and be available as a cheap early upgrade instead of a starter.

I find people panicking about pods a little strange if they were truly a big time pod they will still be after the Marsh.

Also a lot of people that get mad at people jumping on the pod they have when they do well but would have ditched that same pod if they stunk it up.

Pick ya best 30 players and try to win it all, no one is going to have the same 30.

Like an addicted gambler no one utters a word when they lose (or a pod tanks).

But when they have a pod who has a good preseason game...... look out!

Is that honestly your team?
Early days, it was very rushed. I’m also rubbish at this.

I usually make a team early and then make wholesale changes in the week leading up to round 1 which ends up in my team being complete different to the one I started with.

Suns summary -

Yes i do understand its just preseason but geelong still fielded a good side. Our kids haven't experienced a win in over 8 months so will be good for their confidences

Rowell - LOCK, he's so good. Didn't play the last and still scored 81

Anderson - Looked real good also, don't think his fantasy ceiling will be that high this year, played wing/half forward.

Sharp - Came on in the second half and his first 3 touches were shots from 50 haha, scored 40? in a half in junktime tho

Budarick - Solid did alot better than Joyce and Mclennan so if he's playing round 1 (sniff) lock him in, he will rely on tackles.

Greenwood - In my team and wow what a lock, finally a preseason done pretty sure he got 12 tackles.

Macpherson - Mmmmm probably a better draft pick but will be a solid performer all year, tackles and knows where the goals are

Brodie - MY POD that i shared with you all, tonned up with the stat line i expected.

Suns summary -

Yes i do understand its just preseason but geelong still fielded a good side. Our kids haven't experienced a win in over 8 months so will be good for their confidences

Anderson - Looked real good also, don't think his fantasy ceiling will be that high this year, played wing/half forward.

Sharp - Came on in the second half and his first 3 touches were shots from 50 haha, scored 40? in a half in junktime tho

Budarick - Solid did alot better than Joyce and Mclennan so if he's playing round 1 (sniff) lock him in, he will rely on tackles.

Greenwood - In my team and wow what a lock, finally a preseason done pretty sure he got 12 tackles.

Macpherson - Mmmmm probably a better draft pick but will be a solid performer all year, tackles and knows where the goals are

Brodie - MY POD that i shared with you all, tonned up with the stat line i expected.

Loving your insights into some of the very relevant Suns players this pre season. Certainly plenty to mull over from this evening. Keep it up :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving your insights into some of the very relevant Suns players this pre season. Certainly plenty to mull over from this evening. Keep it up :thumbsu:
I love my fantasy, and as you all know there isn't many Suns fans out there... or even watch our games so ill try my best to keep us all in the loop

I love my fantasy, and as you all know there isn't many Suns fans out there... or even watch our games so ill try my best to keep us all in the loop
I brought in Greenwood as I decided to go Cokatoo to King and Jones to Greenwood

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Suns summary -

Nice write up i would have liked Geelong to actually turn up to see how the young suns handled a proper game but i was impressed nonetheless

Nice write up i would have liked Geelong to actually turn up to see how the young suns handled a proper game but i was impressed nonetheless
It's alright you can smash us by 60+ in round 2 haha, at least our boys will have some confidence for adelaide next week. They could post the same scores

Serious question -

Why aren't teams who have Sauce as R2 not considering English instead?

I know Jacobs looks better on paper but the bloke is washed, will be sharing ruck duties & will get rested throughout the year.

Serious question -

Why aren't teams who have Sauce as R2 not considering English instead?

I know Jacobs looks better on paper but the bloke is washed, will be sharing ruck duties & will get rested throughout the year.

Sauce potentially being cooked is a completely valid concern. I think English was definitely in the conversation but missing the first Marsh game with a head knock has scared a few people off, especially given the new concussion rules this season. Personally I'm not taking the punt on an under priced ruck at this stage. Can see the merit in the strategy but all of them come with huge risk IMO.

Coniglio news is a bit of a worry. Although also means he could be a forward in R6 ? What is the usual starting position percentage required to gain DPP ?
Means you could start with Coniglio and save by not having Whitfield at the beginning.
I’m sure I’ve heard someone say they need at least 35% forward positioning at centre bounces
Suns summary -

They are all on my short list and at this stage pretty much all we be a starter for me.

Haven't seen much talk about Vandenberg on here ?

Durability a big issue, but severely under-priced. I think my F4 will end up being one of Hill/AVB/Patton.

No doubting his football ability but his body has made him irrelevant to mention until today.

Its a good first step for him to play, making it to round 1 unscathed is the next step.

I doubt he'll have much of a mid role at the dees (not early anyway). I see him predominantly forward and taking it easy.

Not gonna lie though, I swapped Jones out for him today. His name looks much better in my team.

Suns summary -

Lol we really didn't field a good side, haha. Doesn't take away from you guys tonight, you were fantastic and we were awful. But with that said, we had all of Steven, Duncan, Selwood, Parfitt, Menegola, Dahlhaus, Henry, O'Connor, Kolodjashnij missing, who are all walk up Best 22 players. Hawkins played 65% TOG, Danger 63%, and Stanley 48%. Long way off our best side tonight, when our midfield at points was Stephens, C. Guthrie, Fort, Kennerley, Constable, Atkins and Narkle. Was weak as anything. Just as an FYI, here's the difference in sides - bolded are the substitutes (Cockatoo not included because...that's just not happening anytime soon lol):

B: Bews, Blicavs, Z. Guthrie
HB: Stewart, Taylor, Tuohy
C: Parsons, Dangerfield, Clark
FO: Stanley, C. Guthrie, Atkins
HF: Miers, Hawkins, Rohan
F: Close, Ratugolea, Ablett
INT: Fort, Jarvis, Jenkins, Stephens, Constable, Narkle, Kennerley, Henderson

B: Henry, Blicavs, Kolo
HB: Stewart, Taylor, O'Connor
C: Duncan, Dangerfield, Clark
FO: Stanley, C. Guthrie, Selwood
HF: Miers, Hawkins, Rohan
F: Dahlhaus, Ratugolea, Ablett
INT: Steven, Narkle, Menegola, Parfitt

EMG: Atkins, Jenkins, Constable, Bews

Last edited:
View attachment 827305

Petracca just booked himself a spot in my side

Like the differences but you'll get trapped by those 400-600k players:
McKenna is in Ireland
Ah Chee hmm
The WC lads are you confident in? I can see all being stuck in mid price land.

Why not Houston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back