2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with Hamling out for half the season maybe surely Young is named round one please please please

I mentioned before but imo it might make it less likely, Pearce and Hamling play and you can add a talented youngster to a pretty settled backline but with them out Freo has a much more untried pair in Cox and Logue, will they keep in a mature body like Conca for a week or two before adding Young?

Again just hope he's given a chance in the Marsh series, play well enough and it'll be hard to keep him out.

I posted (in reply to the under 10% ownership question) that I was surprised by Smith's 3% but Brodie Smith is no one's secret.
Pretty much everyone had him at some point last year and those that don't this year have likely just gone with Laird, Lloyd, Doch & 3 rookies.

When the rookies don't get named, they'll have to downgrade one of the top pricers and this is where Smith & Dawson's (heck, even Crozier) % will increase.

I posted (in reply to the under 10% ownership question) that I was surprised by Smith's 3% but Brodie Smith is no one's secret.
Pretty much everyone had him at some point last year and those that don't this year have likely just gone with Laird, Lloyd, Doch & 3 rookies.

When the rookies don't get named, they'll have to downgrade one of the top pricers and this is where Smith & Dawson's (heck, even Crozier) % will increase.
They should make a rule if a player isn't in your say 50-100 man squad before Marsh/Jlt (whatever they call it every year) you can't pick them come round 1

I find people panicking about pods a little strange if they were truly a big time pod they will still be after the Marsh.

Also a lot of people that get mad at people jumping on the pod they have when they do well but would have ditched that same pod if they stunk it up.

Pick ya best 30 players and try to win it all, no one is going to have the same 30.

I find people panicking about pods a little strange if they were truly a big time pod they will still be after the Marsh.

Also a lot of people that get mad at people jumping on the pod they have when they do well but would have ditched that same pod if they stunk it up.

Pick ya best 30 players and try to win it all, no one is going to have the same 30.

Not to mention the people jumping on PODs after 1 good JLT game will generally bin them for another POD come the next JLT game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who watched the game care to give a quick assessment of how Jones, McAdam and McHenry looked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back