2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel as though that defenders are the most variable? Last year it was a bit of a mixed bag and a lot of the premium defenders were inconsistent at times. Crisp was good, but like some have alluded to you always felt unsure, Lloyd was solid but he fell off a cliff at the end, Whitfield isn't available any more, Laird couldn't be trusted etc.

It'll be interesting to see if Williams gets a run through the GWS midfield again with Cogs and the rest of the injured brigade back, and if Houli continues to seagull. Seems to be more questions than answers and I can't really settle on a defense I like. Might be willing to undercut my defense and focus on putting in players who will strengthen my other positions (ruck, mid, forward) whom I know what I'll be getting from them. Anyone got a similar problem and are willing to talk me out of a speculative mid price defensive line?

I’ve got Docherty, Houston, Cerra, S.Hill and Roberton sitting there at the moment so I’m not the guy to talk you out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those interested in Naismith, R2 or R3?

Feel like he's a little pricier than I'd like for R3, but not strong enough for R2.

Could be a legitimate ruck cash cow though, which are always a rarity.

Feel like he's a little pricier than I'd like for R3, but not strong enough for R2.

That is my concern atm. I have him at r3 but if all he is going to do is get HO's and do almost nothing around the ground not sure he is worth it unless no 170k ruck is named

That is my concern atm. I have him at r3 but if all he is going to do is get HO's and do almost nothing around the ground not sure he is worth it unless no 170k ruck is named
He averaged 61 and 62 in consecutive seasons before his injury.

What price would he get to if he averaged 65 in 2020?

Terrifying thought for all other teams to think that this Giants side has Cogs, J. Kelly, J. Cameron, Greene, Z. Williams, Whitfield, Ward and Haynes to come back into it. They've literally got Caldwell, Green, Hately and Ash as depth players right now.

I have him at R3, but I’m rocking with NicNat at R2.

Fraught with danger, but I feel they are both super value on what they can produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back