List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lonie out , miocheck in and Kent as depth would be an improvement

He can have his kent like games but can also have games where hemarks everything and boots 3 or 4

Brander, I remember I was keen on him in his draft year, but someone remind me, where is he now and what has he done there?

Played 11 games for West Coast this year. I think it was in a similar way to how we used Battle but I'm not positive. I just remember a lot of preseason talk he'd spend time on the wing

In the past 24hrs I have noticed that some of the Posts regarding the Trades the Saints are looking at are Jye Caldwell Age 20 and a 1st Rd pick.
Jack Higgins and Jarred Brander, both 21 and First Rd Picks.
If the above Players Ages are a Guide to what we a looking at then I think the Recruiting Team are looking at a Long Period of Sustained Success.
Would all 3 become an Integral Part of our best 22 from next Season.
Both Higgins and Branders Stats to Date don't suggest they will to me .
While Caldwell's Stats may not be much better,having seen him play regularly,I am Confident he is a Certainty to be a Best 22.
While I love the Age Bracket of the Players possibly on our Radar,we must also recruit the Best experienced Mid we can get our Hands on.

Lonie out , miocheck in and Kent as depth would be an improvement

He can have his kent like games but can also have games where hemarks everything and boots 3 or 4

He's kicked more than 1 goal 16 times in 76 games, more than 2 goals 5 times in 76 games. I like Jack but if he's in our best 22 we probably aren't at the top 4 level.

In the past 24hrs I have noticed that some of the Posts regarding the Trades the Saints are looking at are Jye Caldwell Age 20 and a 1st Rd pick.
Jack Higgins and Jarred Brander, both 21 and First Rd Picks.
If the above Players Ages are a Guide to what we a looking at then I think the Recruiting Team are looking at a Long Period of Sustained Success.
Would all 3 become an Integral Part of our best 22 from next Season.
Both Higgins and Branders Stats to Date don't suggest they will to me .
While Caldwell's Stats may not be much better,having seen him play regularly,I am Confident he is a Certainty to be a Best 22.
While I love the Age Bracket of the Players possibly on our Radar,we must also recruit the Best experienced Mid we can get our Hands on.
Took me a minute to work out if the random capitalisation of certain words throughout your post was some type of coded message.
Unfortunately not.

SAINTS MAY ‘HAVE A CRACK’ AT KEY FORWARD

St Kilda is said to be weighing up a late bid at Collingwood’s leading goalkicker Brody Mihocek, but a conflicting report suggests he’s set to re-sign.

Seven’s Mark Stevens reported on Wednesday morning the Saints were looking into luring Mihocek across.

“I’m hearing St Kilda are looking at having a crack at Brody Mihocek - he’d be perfect there. Watch this space on the Saints,” he said on RSN 927.

However SEN’s Sam Edmund expects the Magpies to lock down the key forward on a three-year deal soon.

“Just joining the dots, I think Brody Mihocek will stay (at Collingwood),” he said on SEN’s Whateley.

“They’re just going through the particulars at the moment and he’s got that three-year offer in front of him.”

Mihocek and the Magpies were said last week to be a ways apart on the financial aspect of his new deal.

The 27-year-old has not been on huge money so far in his late-developing AFL career, given he was a rookie draft pick in 2017.

How good is this journalism? One journo saying we’re into Mihocek, one journo saying he’s ready to re-sign at the pies. So this may be news or it may be nothing. Insightful.

That would make one Journalist in Melbourne or one Journalist in Queensland right would‘nt it.

He's kicked more than 1 goal 16 times in 76 games, more than 2 goals 5 times in 76 games. I like Jack but if he's in our best 22 we probably aren't at the top 4 level.

That’s a pretty tenuous link to make Dermot.

Reckon the quality & depth in our midfield has a lot more to do with whether we’re a top 4 side or not.

The fact is that Lonie is our 2nd best small forward crumber... so is currently in our best 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just had a look over at gws,some geelong fan bleeding that a ch 7 exec attended meetings re camerons future,this geelong guy saying no doubt he stays now,among other things,but thats all that matters to us here,if hes on the money that surely adds to the likes of caldwell leaving them

P.S. If Cameron really was all about the club and its culture, he'd accept the reasonable offer that was put forward to him, and we wouldn't have network executives getting involved in player dealings. I have no problem with him staying, as he's your player. I do however, have a problem with blatant dealings with very high-powered people, influencing proceedings.

As I said, Collingwood is the last club you should be aspiring to. Yes I have an interest, but I would also be saying this if Collingwood were pulling the same crap with Eddie, Channel 9 and all their media incentive bs. There's no doubt he stays now, which was 50/50 anyway beforehand. Now you've made a certainty of it, whilst advertising to the rest of the comp just what it takes to retain your players. That's not how culture is built.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about here.

The AFL has banned the Gold Coast Suns from trading a concession pick for next year’s draft in the upcoming 2020 trade period - because the club could be stripped of the selection.

Gold Coast received a three-year assistance package last season, starting with the 2019 draft’s No.1 overall pick and the first pick of the second round.

The Suns also received a pick in the middle of the first round of this year’s draft and the first pick of the second round in the 2021 draft.

That’s a pretty tenuous link to make Dermot.

Reckon the quality & depth in our midfield has a lot more to do with whether we’re a top 4 side or not.

The fact is that Lonie is our 2nd best small forward crumber... so is currently in our best 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And probably why we lost at the semi final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back