List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would say your Richmond mate doesn't know much about football. My Richmond mates were telling me he was an absolute beauty. Who was correct.

Did your mates think the club erred at the time?

You would have thought that Costanza was the player they should have released.

I'm happy to get Crouch, but if the Crows are going to match the offer I prefer he chooses to stay there.

Not interested in giving up a first round pick for him.

I'm sure our club have been in contact with Adelaide already and know what their plan is, but it doesn't sound as though we are offering a contract that will trigger a band one compo.

So either they accept an end of first pick or try and force a trade.

Typical reactive media. Crouch into our midfield wouldn't impact on Caldwell's chances at all. Different players

He is still behind the existing batch at GWS and methendon. Nothing's changed there
Caldwell would obviously have his decision made up in his mind.
I doubt the crouch decision changes anything

Excuse me. Just curious. Have you got 1M + for Crouch and Caldwell. I have no idea about your salary cap but you did bring in 5 players last year.

I'm happy to get Crouch, but if the Crows are going to match the offer I prefer he chooses to stay there.

Not interested in giving up a first round pick for him.

I'm sure our club have been in contact with Adelaide already and know what their plan is, but it doesn't sound as though we are offering a contract that will trigger a band one compo.

So either they accept an end of first pick or try and force a trade.

I think there is 0 chance they match.

what I believe is we will help facilitate getting them band 1 compo in exchange for a draft pick trade for a player or a salary dump to offset the upped offer

Ummm WTF is Hunter Clark in that side please?

Ummm...first ever player to be traded for 4 first round picks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there is 0 chance they match.

what I believe is we will help facilitate getting them band 1 compo in exchange for a draft pick trade for a player or a salary dump to offset the upped offer

They would need to be insane. If they didn't want to make him happy before , why would they now.
It wouldn't force a trade, unless they want Dunstan and McKenzie. We wouldn't cough up 15.
They will probably get 19 if they let him go.

I think people get a bit confused when thinking about spots in the midfield and look at the 3 traditional positions (RR, Rov and Centre) as 'the midfield'. The midfield in modern footy includes both wings and usually at least one of the half forwards, depending on the game plan. At any stoppage you may have up to 10 players from each team within 20m, so having multiple players who can get the ball and use it or stop the opposition from using it effectively is crucial.

Our midfield in those circumstances has been a bit lean... we're starting to build a group that can compete and win on both sides of a 'dead' ball.

On your other point, I reckon Crouch has spent a little bit of time forward. No reason why he goes to half forward at times. Put it this way, he's much more versatile than Dunstan.
Crouch isnt any more versatile than Dunstan. Only starts in the middle or the bench.

We have plenty of room and will have a few fringe players on ok money out the door.

Money is no issue.

Jack Steven money also off the books. From memory we were paying about 400k of his wage this year.

There is no way he hasn't been a target for a long time.

The fact he's nominated would indicate the crows are aware and not going to push back on it

The idea of Dunstan going back as part of the overall play makes tonnes of sense.

You'd hope we are trying to overpay Crouch to get them band 1 (pick 2) and we give dunny away with something crap to get their second round pick.

Crouch and Pick 19/20 (whatever it ends up actually being) for Pick 2 and Dunny is good business for them.

I don't think he's wrong 100% though. I reckon when we got Butler there was no way we thought he'd be as good as he was. Jones was a gamble as a rebound back who might be bale to play mid. Howard and Hill were fairly known quantities as was Ryder. I think we would have thought Butler was just another in a line of depth small forwards. Even my Richmond mate didn't even blink when Butler left. He thought he was Jack Lonie level.

Why do you keep mentioning your Richmond mate like he’s Steven wells .. give it a spell ..

Why do you keep mentioning your Richmond mate like he’s Steven wells .. give it a spell ..

Interstingly my Richmond mate was adamant Dan would be best 22 (i messaged him after the trade sort of like "... this is weird and im not sold" he replied "youve got a player there, trust me, hes good")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back