List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah trading Josh Bruce .....clear clubhouse leader.
Absolutely not. Not even in the same postcode.

Walsh had played zero games... not even really been near it... but - and I'll include myself in this - he was somehow the Great (Extremely) White Hope. And we melted like Frosty in the Sahara.

When was the last time we drafted a genuinely good young KPD? I seriously cannot think of one. Max Hudgton? Matt Maguire? Sam Fisher? (Although Chips didn’t really play KPD as much as a intercepting rebounder). Teams like West Coast seem to churn them out all the time. It’s something we’ve always lacked and always struggled to bring into the club.

Some clubs just have a knack for it.

Melbourne seem to always have a good ruck.

Pies find small defenders.

Eagles tall defenders.

We seem to roll out our fair share of pretty good KPFs over the years - Lockett, Heatley, Hall, Hamill, Gehrig, Kosi, Roo, Membrey, Bruce, King...

When was the last time we drafted a genuinely good young KPD? I seriously cannot think of one. Max Hudgton? Matt Maguire? Sam Fisher? (Although Chips didn’t really play KPD as much as a intercepting rebounder). Teams like West Coast seem to churn them out all the time. It’s something we’ve always lacked and always struggled to bring into the club.

Sean Ralphsmith

Some clubs just have a knack for it.

Melbourne seem to always have a good ruck.

Pies find small defenders.

Eagles tall defenders.

We seem to roll out our fair share of pretty good KPFs over the years - Lockett, Heatley, Hall, Hamill, Gehrig, Kosi, Roo, Membrey, Bruce, King...
I agree our tall forward stocks have always been pretty good. But surely in a 20 year period we could have 1 decent hit. We haven’t even drafted a KPD who has Actually played More than a handful of games and wasn’t delisted after a few years.

Walsh had played zero games... not even really been near it... but - and I'll include myself in this - he was somehow the Great (Extremely) White Hope. And we melted like Frosty in the Sahara.

Now there is a name .........Michael Frost .....(Frosty )

I miss the days when the board could melt over trading Tommy Walsh...
2012-2015 were some dark days

These guys never cease to surprise.

We discussed Crouch here for months but really it came as a bit of a surprise
Then for depth we got McKernan. Never even thought of by any on here.
A few liked the romantic notion of Jack Higgins, Saints fan etc, but nothing really promising, suddenly he is front and centre and nom'ing us.
Now Frawley from left field.

We should learn by now that these guys can out think and out stratagise all of us combined. Will they work? Who knows, but last year was a success so they have credits in the bank.
Remember when we were linked to Higgins and the media throught they meant the North guy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These guys never cease to surprise.

We discussed Crouch here for months but really it came as a bit of a surprise
Then for depth we got McKernan. Never even thought of by any on here.
A few liked the romantic notion of Jack Higgins, Saints fan etc, but nothing really promising, suddenly he is front and centre and nom'ing us.
Now Frawley from left field.

We should learn by now that these guys can out think and out stratagise all of us combined. Will they work? Who knows, but last year was a success so they have credits in the bank.
So why hasn't the Heeney deal been done yet?

Delisting Tom Ledger was pretty contentious on SS at the time.

Now there is a name .........Michael Frost .....(Frosty )
Does anyone else remember that day at Waverly when he came onto the ground from the bench and tripped over , he either knocked himself out or was darn close to knocked out

@RileyBev

Have been talks between Richmond and St Kilda around swapping first-round picks in a deal for Jack Higgins. Would see the Tigers move up to No.17 & the Saints slide back to No.21, while giving up later picks to add the youngster. One of a number of options on the table.

Happy to slide back 4 spots and keep next years second.

If the Dogs actually get Treloar with 300k paid every year by the Pies and rumours are true that we were his preferred club, this has actually been a pretty huge fail by us.
The doggies will be offering much better pick-wise to the pies than what we could offer. Pick 6,7,8 (whatever they end up with from the dons) would be much more palatable for the Pies in working out their payment arrangement with Treloar.

The doggies will be offering much better pick-wise to the pies than what we could offer. Pick 6,7,8 (whatever they end up with from the dons) would be much more palatable for the Pies in working out their payment arrangement with Treloar.

Yeah but if treolar wants us doesn’t matter if dogs offer the Bont and 2 1st rounders to Coll, he doesn’t have to agree to go there

Tom Ledger came close. At least a podium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back