List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s 3 rucks you would be looking at developing over a number of seasons. If they last to our puck

Jacob Edwards (Sandringham) 202cm 83kg
Max Heath (Sandringham) 204cm 94kg
Ned Moyle (Oakleigh) 205cm 87kg
I
Heath and Moyle are far better than Edwards. He is a forward. Moyle and Heath beat him at every contest! Hype around Edwards.

Can anyone explain what the hell is Will Brodie's career? Like he should be a good player but has been stuck playing less than 10 games for Gold Coast for years and never gets traded.

Can anyone explain what the hell is Will Brodie's career? Like he should be a good player but has been stuck playing less than 10 games for Gold Coast for years and never gets traded.
I think Dew forms an opinion on a player and basically if you are on the outer very hard to break back in.

Let Jarryd Lyons go after seemingly putting a line through him (delisting him with a year to run on his contract).
Aaron Hall the same.
Didn't give 2MP a game last year even on shortened breaks or with injuries to talls.
Brodie played the 1st game last year and then zilch, even though fit.

Brodie first 3 games this year and again seemingly on the outer.

As for trade (at the end of 2020), Brodie was under contract, he wasn't pushing for a move and clubs weren't prepared to pay what the Suns wanted (perhaps GC feared being burned after the Lyons move).

At the start of this season he was tried as a fwd/mid rather than pure mid, but really being an inside mid is his go.

As a potential cheap JPK replacement not the worst option (although obviously of a lower standard).

OK, you heard it here first folks - the definitive, foolproof, can't-possibly-be-wrong guide to the 2021 off-season:

Delisted: Sinclair, Brand, S.Gray, Ronke, Armatey

Trade: Hewett to Adelaide (for 2nd round pick), Fox to Essendon (for 3rd round pick), Marcus Adams to Sydney (for 3rd round pick), Adam Cerra to Sydney (for 1st round pick)

1yr Extensions: Clarke, Bell, CoR, JPK, BoC, McL, Malachy, Ling

2yr Extensions: Dawson, Stephens, Wicks, Gould(!), Reid

3yr Extensions: T McC, Parker

Hewett to remain in Sydney, off to GWS if we don’t want him

JPK to retire.

Parker is almost cooked, one year rolling contracts for him and Reid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Dew forms an opinion on a player and basically if you are on the outer very hard to break back in.

Let Jarryd Lyons go after seemingly putting a line through him (delisting him with a year to run on his contract).
Aaron Hall the same.
Didn't give 2MP a game last year even on shortened breaks or with injuries to talls.
Brodie played the 1st game last year and then zilch, even though fit.

Brodie first 3 games this year and again seemingly on the outer.

As for trade (at the end of 2020), Brodie was under contract, he wasn't pushing for a move and clubs weren't prepared to pay what the Suns wanted (perhaps GC feared being burned after the Lyons move).

At the start of this season he was tried as a fwd/mid rather than pure mid, but really being an inside mid is his go.

As a potential cheap JPK replacement not the worst option (although obviously of a lower standard).

No reason not to go for him. Not like they can ask for much, they wont be fooling anyone if they say they have plans for him.

The alternative is to maybe take less and be part of a premiership too. see Geelong players in their winning era/Hawthorn players in their winning era.
This is the challenge that Swans teams have. We generally have to pay a little more to counterbalance the go home factor. COLA was a counter balance but Eddie had a tantrum and that went the way of the dodo.

He did a dumb thing but I would still go with McCartin. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out but he has a higher chance of making it than most players who will be selected in the mid season draft.
100x
We have a lot of talented kids but need to start filling in the holes with mid 25 year old players that can find a career surge. We need 2-3 Hickey drafts ...

Meh. He is a quality player and well worth the risk. (it would also help our prospects of resigning Tom)
I doubt that has anything to do with resigning Tom. Tom is his own man. The situation is mutually exclusive I reckon. As long as the Swans do due diligence everyone will be happy with the process and the outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt that has anything to do with resigning Tom. Tom is his own man. The situation is mutually exclusive I reckon. As long as the Swans do due diligence everyone will be happy with the process and the outcome.
I reckon what you say is true but if it comes down to a tough choice playing for the same club as your brother could be the deciding factor. More of a cherry on top scenario to keep Tom here

I reckon what you say is true but if it comes down to a tough choice playing for the same club as your brother could be the deciding factor. More of a cherry on top scenario to keep Tom here
I just don't believe that. I think Tom would be happy to have his big bro at the club. If the club does not sign his big bro I doubt he will throw his marbles around and leave the club. He is a professional player with a great future at the club. He is not throwing everything away because of his brother. He has his team mates who he has a great affinity with which is more alluring to him than his brother I reckon. His brother is ONLY the cherry on the top.

Looking at the latest report of Cripps' injuries of a back fracture (if that is true)... ooft. Maybe it will be a buyers beware this offseason. With his playstyle it might scare away teams. And hes 26 now... no longer a young player.

...just reeks of the Hanners 2.0 situation except without the finals and premiership to show for it.

Meh. He is a quality player and well worth the risk. (it would also help our prospects of resigning Tom)

Based on what? And please don't say because he's a former no1 pick...Clive Waterhouse was too and he was a spud.

Based on what? And please don't say because he's a former no1 pick...Clive Waterhouse was too and he was a spud.

In the ressies games before he had a brain fade he was a class above. Played primarily at CHB which seemed to suit him. One thing that stood out was his disposal. Otherwise his marking and defensive skills were good.

In the ressies games before he had a brain fade he was a class above. Played primarily at CHB which seemed to suit him. One thing that stood out was his disposal. Otherwise his marking and defensive skills were good.

I do get that. I'd still take a mid first or a ruck if they are available. Don't see why we are in a rush to sign McCartin.

I do get that. I'd still take a mid first or a ruck if they are available. Don't see why we are in a rush to sign McCartin.
because if he stays fit (and we'll have a better idea of that now than last draft/trade period), he's a high quality key position player.
- These guys are hard to find and we've found one
- they take years to develop and hes done the development years
- to bring one in costs a high draft pick if drafted, or...
- a lot os cash, if a trade
- P McCartin is free
and.. if we don't get him, someone else will

also... the chances of getting a high quality inside mid or ruck in the mid season draft is near zero!

Looking at the latest report of Cripps' injuries of a back fracture (if that is true)... ooft. Maybe it will be a buyers beware this offseason. With his playstyle it might scare away teams. And hes 26 now... no longer a young player.

...just reeks of the Hanners 2.0 situation except without the finals and premiership to show for it.

Dont know how he manages to get through a AFL game with a back fracture like... dude is tough as hell or stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back