Injury 2021 injury thread, brought to you by Kevin White and AIA

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely flummoxed why they didnt just decide to send Brown to surgery a week ago and then take another pick in the Mid season draft. Absolute free swing.

Surgery for a current listed player should never be a drafting decision. This isn't fantasy footy, it's people's lives you're willing to dabble with.

Maybe they thought they’d generated enough bad press by offloading Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips last offseason to be frivolously drafting and delisting more people they simply don’t rate.

As it stands, we'll have to delist something like 5 senior listed players to free up the list spots and attached points for Daic's and Dib.

Maybe.

I hardly think giving a chance to a kid for a 6 month tryout is going to add in any way to the bad press they are currently copping from all angles. They have signed a player from Senegal or wherever.... ffs... who can’t even get into the country.

As it stands, Faye will be our only Cat B rookie in 2022 AFAIK. He's a free hit outside the list.

As it stands, Faye will be our only Cat B rookie in 2022 AFAIK. He's a free hit outside the list.

Yes I actually don’t have an issue with it. Just found it ironic really.

It beggars belief that they couldn’t find somebody who is actually living in this country to fill a third mid season list position for another free hit.

As it stands, we'll have to delist something like 5 senior listed players to free up the list spots and attached points for Daic's and Dib.

Not quite. If we were to trade a player like Maynard or JDG that’ll sort out the points situation without needing to drop that many players off the list.

Not quite. If we were to trade a player like Maynard or JDG that’ll sort out the points situation without needing to drop that many players off the list.

Yep, or even lower value players for later picks, and we can pick swap for higher cumulative value. I doubt trading what experienced high end talent we have remaining is on the agenda. That's my hope anyway. If a player makes a request however.... At this stage, ensuring all the picks with points value we have are in play appears the most likely option IMHO.

OTw0.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if you asked me what players we couldn't afford to have injuries / suspensions, I would say

Moore
Howe
Grundy
Elliott
JDG
Adams

Any team with their best 5-6 would struggle to win any game.

I totally agree but realistically its been that way for us for years now....and on another tack...try telling those new kids like Poulter and McCreery that you can't win. In the doldrums that has been 2021, we've uncovered a handful of rippers!

I totally agree but realistically its been that way for us for years now....and on another tack...try telling those new kids like Poulter and McCreery that you can't win. In the doldrums that has been 2021, we've uncovered a handful of rippers!
Sadly, uncovering young blood means nothing if we continue to have this wretched decade long run with injury. Imagine we were in contention again this year. This would be the fourth year in a row where we would have gone into finals missing irreplaceable footballers. No Howe or Moore means no hope in September. We cannot get our act together and all of the planning and recruiting in the world counts for naught if this crap drags on.

Sadly, uncovering young blood means nothing if we continue to have this wretched decade long run with injury. Imagine we were in contention again this year. This would be the fourth year in a row where we would have gone into finals missing irreplaceable footballers. No Howe or Moore means no hope in September. We cannot get our act together and all of the planning and recruiting in the world counts for naught if this crap drags on.

How much longer is Howe out?

I've forgotten - was it a hammy?

Not really a hamstring per-se, more a disruption of some of the scar tissue around his knee from last year's surgery.

He then had another incidence of the same issue with scar tissue from his PCL surgery in early May and after more scans they found he had way more scar tissue in the hamstring than you'd expect from the type of PCL surgery he had, so the surgeon opted for a full clean out of the scar tissue which I'd imagine would be pretty complex and invasive given how hamstrings are structured.

(summarised from the round 9 injury report)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back