NFL 2021 NFC Championship Game - San Francisco at Los Angeles Rams

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if this week is the time for all three units to actually play for 4 quarters.

The 2019 team used to routinely run roughshod over everyone, this team seems to enjoy backs to the wall stuff too much for my feeble heart.

Stafford is hardly sh*t. He's played like sh*t at times this year, there is no doubt. But the man can sling it and has had 2 good playoff games so far

OBJ has been good for us. Came at a good time with Bobby Trees going down with injury. Can only assume if we didn't get him, that Van Jefferson would slot into WR2 and we wouldn't be as strong
Yeah, look even if either of these QBs win the SB this year I wouldn't have them in my top 2 tiers of QBs
Dallas Mavericks Sport GIF by Twitter
Of course brother, not too proud to admit it at all. Why shouldn't I be really.

No team in NFL history has reached the Superbowl after starting the first half of the season with a losing record. The 49ers started the season 3-5/4-5 through weeks 8/9.

Source: A ton of Stathead (PFR) team record finder searches.

Looked through 14 game seasons, 16 game seasons, the strike-shortened 9 game season, and ensured that no team in the playoffs right now was below .500 in weeks 8/9.

Another way to look at it is no team that started 3-5, or 2-4 for that matter (or a worse W/L in the same number of games) has ever reached the Superbowl, both of which the Niners started out as.

Essentially, the Niners have the chance to create the biggest in-season comeback to a conference championship in NFL history. The question now is do they manage to lock up this historic comeback, or do they become like the '96 Jaguars and fail one game short?

And by public pressure we mean we werent going to sell out if we left it to Rams fans.

Bit of a silly news item really. As if the ticket seller wants to restrict sales - it's how it makes money.

Yeah, look even if either of these QBs win the SB this year I wouldn't have them in my top 2 tiers of QBs

Of course brother, not too proud to admit it at all. Why shouldn't I be really.

This is where we differ, when im salty I prefer to rip shreds into my own team for being failures rather than being pissy at teams that beat mine or are still left.

Id be salty as a Packer fan too, a decade wasted.

This is where we differ, when im salty I prefer to rip shreds into my own team for being failures rather than being pissy at teams that beat mine or are still left.

Id be salty as a Packer fan too, a decade wasted.

Yeah, it's just hard to see two teams you are clearly better than playing after you've been eliminated. A decade wasted, eh I dunno, the playoff losses have been s**t but I'd still rather be the Packers than the Panthers.

Yeah, it's just hard to see two teams you are clearly better than playing after you've been eliminated. A decade wasted, eh I dunno, the playoff losses have been sh*t but I'd still rather be the Packers than the Panthers.
How are you clearly better than the team that just beat you?
Home ground advantage ,Rodgers throwing to adams and jones and you couldnt beat a s**t team with a s**t qb as you so nicely put it in a previous thread.

How are you clearly better than the team that just beat you?
Home ground advantage ,Rodgers throwing to adams and jones and you couldnt beat a sh*t team with a sh*t qb as you so nicely put it in a previous thread.

I don't want to derail this with more Packers bullshit because we lost. We went 1-1 with the 49ers for the season and had a much better record. They s**t the bed this game, that doesn't mean the 49ers are a better team but they were the better team on the day and that's all that matters at the end of the day. Bit like the GWS/Collingwood prelim in 19 for example.

Yeah, it's just hard to see two teams you are clearly better than playing after you've been eliminated. A decade wasted, eh I dunno, the playoff losses have been sh*t but I'd still rather be the Packers than the Panthers.
Rams and 9ers are both comfortably better teams than the Packers. The Packers just have a better QB

Yes but its besides the point, being jelly and envious is natural but I dont see the point in bashing other teams over your own teams * ups

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to derail this with more Packers bullshit because we lost. We went 1-1 with the 49ers for the season and had a much better record. They sh*t the bed this game, that doesn't mean the 49ers are a better team but they were the better team on the day and that's all that matters at the end of the day. Bit like the GWS/Collingwood prelim in 19 for example.

0-4 all time Rodgers v 49ers in playoffs. In NFL terms that's a big enough sample.

The Packers are owned.

I don't want to derail this with more Packers bullshit because we lost. We went 1-1 with the 49ers for the season and had a much better record. They sh*t the bed this game, that doesn't mean the 49ers are a better team but they were the better team on the day and that's all that matters at the end of the day. Bit like the GWS/Collingwood prelim in 19 for example.

49ers were a much better team last week than they were early in the year

One could say the Packers were/are a more skilled team but the 49ers just play smash mouth football that levels the playing field

The 49ers play like an old school team and alot of these new so called skilled player teams can't cope with it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Remember people calling for Shanahans head at the mid season point?

The media were starting to come for him then too

Remember people calling for Shanahans head at the mid season point?

The media were starting to come for him then too

Yeah what were they 3-5 coming into November. Amazing turnaround.

Hard to imagine that either of these two games will be as good as last week. I know bengals beat the chiefs recently but just can’t see that happening next weekend would be quite surprising if it did.

49ers can definitely beat the rams but am hoping for an exciting super bowl so I’m going for the home teams this weekend

Reckon a lot of people forget that the 49ers got to a Super Bowl not too long ago and just came off an injured ravaged season. I under rated them coming into the Dallas game and will admit as much.

Far too much Packers in this thread, be gone 😂😂😂

Reckon a lot of people forget that the 49ers got to a Super Bowl not too long ago and just came off an injured ravaged season. I under rated them coming into the Dallas game and will admit as much.
Yeah there was plenty of talk around draft time about the potential to have a bounce back year, but that evaporated after the slow start.

Our last 9 weeks was pretty much equal to any of the best teams, but without stomping teams so it went under the radar a bit.

Shanahan has worked out his pieces, and built a successful scheme based on our strengths. Moving Deebo in as a Running Back has been a big part of us being able to move the chains.

Rams tickets sold out to season ticket holders, but no restrictions on re-sales to 49ers fans

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 25, 2022, 5:16 AM EST

Rams season ticket holders bought up every ticket to Sunday’s NFC Championship Game, but there are no restrictions on those tickets being re-sold to 49ers fans — raising concerns for the Rams that their home field will feel like a road game.

When the Rams and 49ers met in the regular season finale, 49ers fans were so loud inside SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles that the Rams had to use a silent count. That led to the Rams asking fans not to sell their NFC Championship Game tickets to 49ers fans, and putting a restriction on sales outside the Los Angeles area.

But that restriction has now been lifted, raising questions about how many of those Rams season ticket holders will choose to make a profit by re-selling to the highest bidder, which may be a 49ers fan.

The game is sold out. Our Season Ticket members bought up all available tickets during a presale over the weekend, so there is no policy in place,” the Rams said in a statement to ABC 7 in Los Angeles.

The 49ers have plenty of fans in the Los Angeles area, so even if the geographic restriction were in place, plenty of 49ers fans could get in.

Ultimately, both teams should prepare for the possibility that they’ll need to use a silent count.

0-4 all time Rodgers v 49ers in playoffs. In NFL terms that's a big enough sample.

The Packers are owned.

A-aron is just a good guy making sure theres no tension still around taking Alex Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back