Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength for defenders is more important through the core & being able to hold position. Arm size is not an indication of a ‘strong’ defender.

Where can I get info on Training days/times? I wouldn’t mind going down on Friday if I can.

The club website. There is a page with training times. Basically, at the moment it is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at about 9-9:30 if it is the same as last pre-season.

And buddy ...

So basically every top kpf of his era- tells you all you need to know on just how good Lukey Mac was.

and also tells you how biased the AFL media is considering he only ever got 1 AA

And the fact that everyone always talks about Scarlett and Glass but not Lukey Mac.

Where can I get info on Training days/times? I wouldn’t mind going down on Friday if I can.
Like Gaskin said you can get the training times off the website. I occasionally drop past between 10 and 11am for half an hour or so and there’s generally plenty happening out on the track by then.

And buddy ...

So basically every top kpf of his era- tells you all you need to know on just how good Lukey Mac was.

and also tells you how biased the AFL media is considering he only ever got 1 AA

And the fact that everyone always talks about Scarlett and Glass but not Lukey Mac.

McPharlin did spend a lot of time injured which may be an excuse for him missing a few AAs. The stupidity of one or two of former coaches who played him forward didn’t help either.

Reality is the defenders seem to be hyped up more by team performance than individual performance.

I may be bias but I consider McPharlin the best I’ve seen. Scarlett is the only one that even comes close.

Last edited:
Glass and Scarlett might have been more durable than McPharlap and missed less games in a season? I think that would count. McPharlin was stiff to only win one, but Gibson only won one as well and he was an amazing defender.
It's Rance winning five that pisses me off the most. That's bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be the first real season for Meek? Looks a beast. Could see Lobb/Tabs forward with Meek/Darcy.
He's at the age where he should be able to step in if Darcy goes down. We've invested plenty of time into him; hopefully he monsters a few young fellas in the WAFL in the first half of the season. I don't think he's versatile enough to be in the same team as Darcy though.

He's at the age where he should be able to step in if Darcy goes down. We've invested plenty of time into him; hopefully he monsters a few young fellas in the WAFL in the first half of the season. I don't think he's versatile enough to be in the same team as Darcy though.
Agreed - hard to see Darcy and Meek in the same team, based on the type of player meek has been described as.

According to AFL.com.au Alex Pearce and Griffin Logue trained lightly, away from the main group today, hopefully just a scheduling thing as they build fitness and not any setbacks 🤔

According to AFL.com.au Alex Pearce and Griffin Logue trained lightly, away from the main group today, hopefully just a scheduling thing as they build fitness and not any setbacks 🤔

Pearce (and Hamling and Taberner) don't train with the main group on Wednesday's as part of their load management to prevent injury.

Logue I'm not as sure about

Pearce (and Hamling and Taberner) don't train with the main group on Wednesday's as part of their load management to prevent injury.

Logue I'm not as sure about

Geez hasn't that strategy worked a treat the past couple of seasons

Haven't they all been turf toes though rather than stress fractures or what not?
He had a genetic issue first up, where there was extra bone in there irritating the tissue around it, so they wanted to let that settle down before it not working and deciding to remove the extra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back