Position 2023 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes if he’s going to play

I think he's been grabbed as cover and not for B22 so I'd be surprised if he plays much. GC watchers would know better perhaps but even if he gets a run early, his kicking & handball skills as a mid or his defensive skills at HB would likely see him out again pretty quickly I'd think. As 11 said though, Dew can be weird so he's worth a watch.

Or be Constable 2.0, never know with that club Dew has favourites Rowell Anderson and Touk every CBA

But might get job at HBF with Long
This..
I don't see him as best 22 and his confidence must be shot after the last few years at Freo.

Sam Flanders is a huge talent and coming into his 4th year, a player like this or Berry (picked up from Bris) should get a go before Blakely.
There's some good fringe talent at the sun's

This..
I don't see him as best 22 and his confidence must be shot after the last few years at Freo.

Sam Flanders is a huge talent and coming into his 4th year, a player like this or Berry (picked up from Bris) should get a go before Blakely.
There's some good fringe talent at the sun's
Berry and Flanders are on my watchlist too. My M6 spot is looking like it might be my mid-pricer spot so if Flanders JS looks good, I’ll give him a go. I’ve got Holmes there currently.

Our Lord and saviour did his best 22 and doesn't have Sicily, Baz or Bont in there 😭 time to rethink team perhaps. Thought Bont and Baz more mid time, Bont fully healthy could go bang.

Also has rozee 6th forward behind butters and Moore.

Our Lord and saviour did his best 22 and doesn't have Sicily, Baz or Bont in there 😭 time to rethink team perhaps. Thought Bont and Baz more mid time, Bont fully healthy could go bang.

Having a POD is sometimes a good thing. Just because everyone is getting Rozee/Taranto for example, doesn’t mean they are the best choice.

On Oliver, Melbourne's fixture really opens up after round 3.

You've got Dogs, Lions, and Swans for the first 3 where he isn't going to have bad games but you wouldn't expect any big ceiling scores. After that they go WCE, ESS, Tigers, North, Suns, Hawks which is a great run for midfielders.

If you think he will miss the tags or teams just won't worry about it there's potential opportunity to take the extra risk on an under-priced player, a Green, LDU, Cerra, or whoever and if things don't work out you find the extra cash and bring Oliver in for round 4. Even starting 4 FWD premo's, 1 in the mid and trade the one that doesn't perform. Don't think you'll be making rookie upgrades that early.

On Oliver, Melbourne's fixture really opens up after round 3.

You've got Dogs, Lions, and Swans for the first 3 where he isn't going to have bad games but you wouldn't expect any big ceiling scores. After that they go WCE, ESS, Tigers, North, Suns, Hawks which is a great run for midfielders.

If you think he will miss the tags or teams just won't worry about it there's potential opportunity to take the extra risk on an under-priced player, a Green, LDU, Cerra, or whoever and if things don't work out you find the extra cash and bring Oliver in for round 4. Even starting 4 FWD premo's, 1 in the mid and trade the one that doesn't perform. Don't think you'll be making rookie upgrades that early.
I'm terrible at estimating price rises/drops. What would it take in those first 3 rounds to close that $240k gap between Oliver and Green to around $100k? Say if they both averaged 100 across those first 3 games (Oliver with a 112be, Green with 85be), would that come close to doing it?

I'm terrible at estimating price rises/drops. What would it take in those first 3 rounds to close that $240k gap between Oliver and Green to around $100k? Say if they both averaged 100 across those first 3 games (Oliver with a 112be, Green with 85be), would that come close to doing it?
Unfortunately I don't think it will get as low as a 100k difference.

Oliver will likely remain at the same starting price, maybe a little less as players highly priced start with slightly above average breakevens.

A player who did have a bad start last year was Mills.
Started the year at 922k - scores of 87,117, 78 priced him at 873k by round 4.

I don't know how much Green would go up averaging 95-100, it'd be a guess but maybe 30-40k unless there was a big score round 1. If he was going too well you wouldn't trade him anyway.

Best case maybe 150k difference, more likely 200k.

i totally understand his thinking......
Sicdog maxed price or close to and other options cheaper who could average as much or more.....
WB mids could be an early fade if it is not obvious who gets the bump. Remember there is still the possibility none of the 3 big dogs do because a combo of other players step up
I have Butters slightly ahead of Rozee and with there is only so many spots in the fwd line!!! I don't have TT either!!
In theory you could have and of TT, Cogs, Dunks, DC, Rozee. Butters, Mclean, Moore, Gulden or Dusty in the F1-F5 spots!!!! There are only so many spots!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worpel, Sheed, Ash and Duursma. 4 cheapish mids who seem like they can increase their average by 15-20 easily. Or am I the only one that thinks this?
I will be going a slim mid strategy but it won’t be to load up on those types (yes to sheed)

Sheed prob M3, M4 you could say McClean I guess (or any other forward dpp in my team) and hoping to fill rest with mids

1674541065196.png

Even more reason to not pick Whitfield, but then X (84 VFL last year) and Callaghan (95 VFL) could have a big season 360 and 400k respectively, I mean 70k more than Ashcroft and 110k more than Ashcroft

Worpel, Sheed, Ash and Duursma. 4 cheapish mids who seem like they can increase their average by 15-20 easily. Or am I the only one that thinks this?
Worple $463k a good 150k more than the elite midfielders of the draft. Teams are getting really good at drafting midfielders early. There's also talk Mitchell might be trying things which means you don't know if he stays in the same role throughout the season.

Sheed $591k priced around 67. I reckon he averages around 85 and doesn't increase in price much. We don't know what Simpson will do with his youngsters and I reckon they're planning for the future. Nearly 28 years old.

$591k I don't mind Ash but the giants are looking to do a gamestyle change and that often hits the younger players who are given a role. I like him the most of the four you've mentioned though.

$489k Duursma plays on a wing, priced around 55. I reckon he averages around 75 and I think you can find rookies who do... somewhat close to that. As a non-onball midfielder he will go cold which will limit his price increases. Has gone backwards since his debut season.

I reckon you go with guys like these if you're thinking that the rookies will suck. But look at last year, you had a stack of rookies which scored. I just don't think these guys make much money and aren't value.

Worple $463k a good 150k more than the elite midfielders of the draft. Teams are getting really good at drafting midfielders early. There's also talk Mitchell might be trying things which means you don't know if he stays in the same role throughout the season.

Sheed $591k priced around 67. I reckon he averages around 85 and doesn't increase in price much. We don't know what Simpson will do with his youngsters and I reckon they're planning for the future. Nearly 28 years old.

$591k I don't mind Ash but the giants are looking to do a gamestyle change and that often hits the younger players who are given a role. I like him the most of the four you've mentioned though.

$489k Duursma plays on a wing, priced around 55. I reckon he averages around 75 and I think you can find rookies who do... somewhat close to that. As a non-onball midfielder he will go cold which will limit his price increases. Has gone backwards since his debut season.

I reckon you go with guys like these if you're thinking that the rookies will suck. But look at last year, you had a stack of rookies which scored. I just don't think these guys make much money and aren't value.
If Sheed and Duursma increase their average by 20 odd they’ll definitely increase in price enough to warrant selection. It’s not their average that you need to worry about though. It’s the hope that they can have spike games and put on $$’s very quick. You only have to go back to Sheeds last full season to see he has a ceiling of 130+. All it takes is him hitting that once in the first 3/4 games and he will have made 150k comfortably. North first up? Wouldn’t say it’s not doable

If Sheed and Duursma increase their average by 20 odd they’ll definitely increase in price enough to warrant selection. It’s not their average that you need to worry about though. It’s the hope that they can have spike games and put on $$’s very quick. You only have to go back to Sheeds last full season to see he has a ceiling of 130+. All it takes is him hitting that once in the first 3/4 games and he will have made 150k comfortably. North first up? Wouldn’t say it’s not doable
Am I mad for thinking Sheed and Tim Kelly will get the lions share of CBAs for us early? Gaff was spending less time in the middle and seems to be setting up for a year on the wing again (hopefully), and Yeo, Shuey, Culley and Ginbey will all rotate through but I tend to think Simmo leans on known quantities early.

Am I mad for thinking Sheed and Tim Kelly will get the lions share of CBAs for us early? Gaff was spending less time in the middle and seems to be setting up for a year on the wing again (hopefully), and Yeo, Shuey, Culley and Ginbey will all rotate through but I tend to think Simmo leans on known quantities early.
I think there’s a spot for Culley as well. Actually fairly keen on him at 490 odd. But it’s probably either him or Sheed at the moment and Sheed is the known quantity. But yeah you’d assume it’s mainly those guys with shuey and Yeo rotating through a fair bit

I think there’s a spot for Culley as well. Actually fairly keen on him at 490 odd. But it’s probably either him or Sheed at the moment and Sheed is the known quantity. But yeah you’d assume it’s mainly those guys with shuey and Yeo rotating through a fair bit
Yeah I think Culley starts the season but I wonder if he'll hit the ground running or work his way into the season. Either way, I see him spending a LOT of time in the middle barring injury. I've had him in most iterations of my team to date.

Yeah I think Culley starts the season but I wonder if he'll hit the ground running or work his way into the season. Either way, I see him spending a LOT of time in the middle barring injury. I've had him in most iterations of my team to date.
All signs indicate that hes had an unbelievable preseason. Top 3 in time trials and out on some bulk. Should be our main inside mid if Yeo is spending half his time at HBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back