3rd Ashes Test England v Australia July 6-10 1930hrs @ Headingley

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It is all doom & gloom in here

We should just hand them the Urn now
Not sure why Cummins is talking about the next game.

Should be packing his bags already and coming home :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

This thread is just typical BF. Melt melt melt, brag about the players and then melt melt melt. Followed by throwing the toys out of the cot

You're like one of those loser fathers that live vicariously through their moderately talented children.:$

You're like one of those losers that takes cheap shots with an alt account rather than using you're real one :$

A lot of doom and gloom, not sure why.

2 wickets
43 runs
3 wickets

Those are the margins, pretty clear these teams are evenly matched, one side winning 3 tests in a row seems pretty unlikely.

10 days to rest up and regroup.

In hindsight England bringing in a fresh Wood and Woakes turned out to be a key difference in this match. In the fourth test Cummins and Starc will be well rested hopefully and Hazlewood will come in fresh.

Smith had a poor game, but has been in exceptional form on this tour, I’m tipping this will light a fire under him.

We lost the toss, made some key unforced errors AND got the worse of the conditions by a long way and STILL only lost by three wickets.

3-2 our way is the most likely outcome from here.

What happens if it comes down to Green or Marsh for Old Trafford, which more than likely wiil be the case...Surely Marsh has to stay in after this performance?

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're like one of those losers that takes cheap shots with an alt account rather than using you're real one :$

Don’t let him pick on you plugger. He’s got no idea. You are loved on this site.

Disappointing result and a missed opportunity, for reasons well covered already.

2-1 however feels like a fair reflection of the series.

Conditions did go their way and so did the in-play luck (count the amount of poor shots missing the edge, or nicks/top edges landing safely compared to ours), but a lot that was in our control was blown as well.

To cut a long story short, we need more from Smith and Labs next match and Hazelwood to come in for Boland.

Tactically, especially to the lower order or defending a chase, there are concerns. But if a few individuals stand up next match we can seal the series.

Set 350+ or have 350 or less (in either match) to chase next match and I think we'll win the Ashes. The last thing we want is another short, low scoring match like this with ridiculously turbulent weather.

As opposed to our tin brained captain
Im critical of our Captain and leadership for poor tactics, shoule have bowled Murphy half an hour before Lunch, for example, but there is virtually nothing that can be done on a postage stamp of a ground to stop a world class slogger heave it over the boundary, no middle required.

Changes next test

Out Warner, Boland, Murphy (depending on conditions)

In: Green, Haze, Neser

Structural changes, Head to open.

I think I prefer Green to open instead of Head. I think what Trav did in the 3rd innings here is exactly where we need him. He is aggressive & likes to score. Green in defensive mode can be hard to get out. He doesn't seem to know whether to be aggressive or defensive. So we can decide for him by playing him at 2. Just has to put away the bad shots. Ultimately I think we should be looking for someone in our lineup that is the next Khawaja.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The selections for the next test will be interesting, if it's another seamers pitch I doubt Murphy will get another gig.

Why pick him to bowl a few overs when Head can do the same thing? The same goes for England, why pick Moeen when Root can bowl a few overs?

Anderson prob plays it's at her home deck .

Tounge was pretty good...tho.

They can't keep playing symbols Johnny surley

Female pronouns as a cheap dig is absolutely pathetic in this day and age.

fwiw this is so not the sky is falling result so many people in here are reacting like it is. Improvements need to be made but this series was never gonna be a whitewash, switch the weather both teams batted under and its a different result. I'd still be very surprised if we don't win the series from here.

Disappointing result and a missed opportunity, for reasons well covered already.

2-1 however feels like a fair reflection of the series.

Conditions did go their way and so did the in-play luck (count the amount of poor shots missing the edge, or nicks/top edges landing safely compared to ours), but a lot that was in our control was blown as well.

To cut a long story short, we need more from Smith and Labs next match and Hazelwood to come in for Boland.

Tactically, especially to the lower order or defending a chase, there are concerns. But if a few individuals stand up next match we can seal the series.

Set 350+ or have 350 or less to chase next match and I think we'll the Ashes. The last thing we want is another short, low scoring match like this with ridiculously turbulent weather.
Not sure about the Boland/Hazelwood swap. Either would do, but Haze has the better overall record.... Boland stiff this game

I'm inclined to bring in Nasser, drop Warner (we may as well be playing with 5 bats anyway) and open with either Green or Marsh, probably Marsh. I realise this means 3 all rounders, but play form, not Rep.

Oh, and Davey can loose his Two Blues cap..

The selections for the next test will be interesting, if it's another seamers pitch I doubt Murphy will get another gig.

Why pick him to bowl a few overs when Head can do the same thing? The same goes for England, why pick Moeen when Root can bowl a few overs?

Especially when Woakes can do the job with the bat.

Back