Roast 50/50-Rong Rucci Reckoning - The R-Files

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether Port can take credit or not the opportunity for China to be re-engaged with Australia , and particularly SA is important. Heard some news today that a mining venture near Wudinna is close to getting green-lighted on the back of Chinese Bank loans
This particular venture has been looking for money for a long time, I don't think the economics of it stack up.

Righto, so paying for Fairfax journos is like an act of charity from Port? and despite Port showing that they are willing to fly Journos over, them previously flying Rucci over to their press conferences, NewsCorp decided to not let port pay and paid the way for Rucci?

View attachment 366176
Pdub, are you referring to Caro's interview on Rowey and Bicks last week? If so, she stated the AFL offered to pay for her trip over there, she didn't mention Port.

I can tell you right now with 100% certainty, Port Adelaide is NOT paying for Rucci to go to China. His employer The Advertiser would be, but the club is not investing one dollar into the travel bill.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that you are wrong. Port are footing the bill for Rooch and contributing to the 5aa bill as well.

Pdub, are you referring to Caro's interview on Rowey and Bicks last week? If so, she stated the AFL offered to pay for her trip over there, she didn't mention Port.

Port and the AFL are the same thing in her eyes, especially when we are talking about spending money. Go back to the start of the conversation, where rowie brings it up, where he says they were at lunch and she received a phone call, and she says that was a private conversation between her and Port, Rowie continues to tell how she refused the tickets.

Caro said they offered to send her over but she refused because she would only go if her employer was paying for ethical reasons. No one cares how certain you are, you are wrong. What company do you reckon Rucci is flying with?

When did she say this ?

I heard her on 5AA say that the AFL had offered to pay to send her over there, but she refused on ethical reasons, but I haven't heard her mention Port.

Caro said they offered to send her over but she refused because she would only go if her employer was paying for ethical reasons. No one cares how certain you are, you are wrong. What company do you reckon Rucci is flying with?

Isn't Caro technically on strike at the moment?

Caro works for Fairfax who have cutback on costs such as these, read the news today. NewsCorp is a bit better off but they are paying for the China travel, not us.
Rucci said last year Port paid for his tickets and accommodation the last trip he did.

Kochie has also joked with him on the Saturday morning show he would organise first class seats for him this year.

Your club is paying for him to be there. It is also part of the FiveAA sponsorship that their staff will be there. You would be forgoing cash from them to be there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rowie is a campaigner and a sell out

Had Greg Boulton on and asked about Ports bid to enter the AFL in 1990

Boulton gave the typical Port answer and Rowie sucks right up to him saying those who take the SANFL side on this need to get over it and let Port tell their story.

He used to be one of the biggest critics now he can't help but suck up to them

Just yesterday they were talking to Johno Brown about elite players and Brown started talking about Sloane and Walker.

Rowie chimes in with Wingard, Gray they're elite too.

He can't help himself. It's like he gets a cookie every time he says something nice about Port.

I hope he never has anything to do with our club again and am proud we've aligned with Triple M. Yes, Andrew Jarman has more credibility than Rowie.

It's completely overcompensating isn't it?
Port have obviously resorted to buying out media opinion and double d/..h are happy to oblige.

I've lessened my listening of AA by 90% now that they refuse to be critical of anything Port. It probably started when KT and Koch came on board, but they've been no better than us in 2013/14 in the last couple of years, we got a heap of criticism in those years, and were constantly compared to how amazing Port was (and even then, they didn't do THAT much, 12 and 14 wins vs our 17 in 2012).

Maybe Rowe and Bicks saw what happened to Chris McDermott or something, but they've been totally on the Port bandwagon since, stuff like Rowes over the top praise of Ryder while having a big go at Maria Sharapova 5 minutes earlier, sometimes it feels like Bickley wants to say more or doesn't agree with Rowe on issues like that one, but Rowes statements are so ridiculous that he'll just go very quiet while Rowe asks questions he can't really answer.

Like it seems like Bickley was leaning towards there not being a difference between Sharapova and Essendon, but Rowe goes over the top like "there's no way it's the same thing, the boys didn't know what they were taking, you can't call Paddy Ryder a cheat, can you Bicks?"

Anything China is an ad, the game and events surrounding it are part of a couple of promotions on the station, so there is nothing close to negative there either.

Then you have Rucci, Kane and Daniel Norton on the weekend, just horrible.

I've lessened my listening of AA by 90% now that they refuse to be critical of anything Port. It probably started when KT and Koch came on board, but they've been no better than us in 2013/14 in the last couple of years, we got a heap of criticism in those years, and were constantly compared to how amazing Port was (and even then, they didn't do THAT much, 12 and 14 wins vs our 17 in 2012).

Maybe Rowe and Bicks saw what happened to Chris McDermott or something, but they've been totally on the Port bandwagon since, stuff like Rowes over the top praise of Ryder while having a big go at Maria Sharapova 5 minutes earlier, sometimes it feels like Bickley wants to say more or doesn't agree with Rowe on issues like that one, but Rowes statements are so ridiculous that he'll just go very quiet while Rowe asks questions he can't really answer.

Like it seems like Bickley was leaning towards there not being a difference between Sharapova and Essendon, but Rowe goes over the top like "there's no way it's the same thing, the boys didn't know what they were taking, you can't call Paddy Ryder a cheat, can you Bicks?"

Anything China is an ad, the game and events surrounding it are part of a couple of promotions on the station, so there is nothing close to negative there either.

I'd say it may have more to do with us moving over to Triple M as our radio sponsor so they get told to pump up Port more since they're still radio partners.

No problem with the AFL paying for the AA crew, they'll be there to call the game which makes them part of the "infrastructure". Journalists are a different matter and Caro was quite right to decline the offer on principle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci was on KB's Hungry For Sport today spruiking that Adelaide are certainties for a flag this year, crapping on about where the parade through the streets should be etc. absolutely cringeworthy

our very own fuddrooster had a tweet read out during that exchange - something like "Rucci nearly started crying when you asked him how he was coping with the Crows success. Loved it Kevin!"

Bartlett apparently ripped into him - "i heard that when the Crows GF parade went past The Advertiser building in 97 or 98, you didn't even get out from behind your desk to see!" tee-hee

No problem with the AFL paying for the AA crew, they'll be there to call the game which makes them part of the "infrastructure". Journalists are a different matter and Caro was quite right to decline the offer on principle.

Except Rowie and Bicks are going over, Rowie and Bicks don't call Port games they call crow games.

Exactly right.
Spot on.

Husband insists on listening to double a in the car so that's the only time I hear it is if we are out and about, but the fawning over all things China is pretty amusing.

Hope Rowie enjoys eating fish farmed in s**t while he's there!

Except Rowie and Bicks are going over, Rowie and Bicks don't call Port games they call crow games.
Hmm, good point. I'm basing this on what I recall hearing in the conversation with Caro. She said she wasn't accepting the AFL $, someone (Bicks or Caro?) brought up in a joking way the trip that Rowey was getting, Rowey said "yes, but we're there to call the game" or somesuch. Don't know if "we" included Bicks. Maybe it'll be Rowey + Kornes + Ditts or whoever.

I mean, in the smog and heat of Shanghai you'll need more than the usual number of rotations in the commentary booth. :)

Hmm, good point. I'm basing this on what I recall hearing in the conversation with Caro. She said she wasn't accepting the AFL $, someone (Bicks or Caro?) brought up in a joking way the trip that Rowey was getting, Rowey said "yes, but we're there to call the game" or somesuch. Don't know if "we" included Bicks. Maybe it'll be Rowey + Kornes + Ditts or whoever.

I mean, in the smog and heat of Shanghai you'll need more than the usual number of rotations in the commentary booth. :)

They are both going.

They will call the game because they are there, but wouldn't be calling the game if it was on the gold coast.

Oh come on now. As if Rucci's articles and questions at press conferences have any influence on how our game plan is scrutinised. We will be very heavily scrutinised by all clubs and righlty so. Rucci's only agenda is to talk us up as much as possible so if we do lose, he can say "Adelaide beat itself", which was what the lsat para of the article said. Pathetic really. And of course if we win the flag he can say he was on the bandwagon from day one. So funny.
100% agree...Relapse is giving Rucci too much credit :)

Rucci and Kane "Fireman" Cornes love talking us up so that if we lose a few they can point out how smug we were being while winning and how the Crows got ahead of themselves which is fooken rich coming from PAFC people who are so very pleased with themselves even though not beaten a top 8 side yet

Racism stops with fans

ADELAIDE Oval is again in the limelight for the wrong reasons as the venue’s fans are accused of racial taunting. Michelangelo Rucci calls on the AFL to make a stronger stand.

Rucci at it again with an unsubstantiated complaint from a guy that heard a story about something his cat heard from a rat.

Muck raking silly fellow **** wit.
In the report it was alleged the fan told him to go back to Essendon where he previously played.

Surely there is more to it than that but Rucci's report was up to his usual standard and left me confused.

our very own fuddrooster had a tweet read out during that exchange - something like "Rucci nearly started crying when you asked him how he was coping with the Crows success. Loved it Kevin!"

Bartlett apparently ripped into him - "i heard that when the Crows GF parade went past The Advertiser building in 97 or 98, you didn't even get out from behind your desk to see!" tee-hee

Rucci didn't deny that he hates the Crows. Nothing new of course, but good to have confirmation.

People worried about 5AA praising Port are showing Port fan levels of insecurity.

Newsflash, 5AA is a very low-quality station without particular journalistic principle. Who cares?

I think it's great that they're whoring themselves out to Port. Anyone that keeps building Port up is fine by me.:thumbsu::D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back