Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way that pick 6 alone gets a deal done with Freo. With so many clubs interested and with Cerra saying himself he wants Freo to be fairly compensated there is zero chance he goes into the PSD too. Considering the player involved has already said there is no way he'll leave Freo high and dry after the way the club treated him your post is disproven hyperbole only.

What do you think the minimum Freo are prepared to take? or Should take?

Cerra and his management know Carlton is the easy option. If they choose Melbourne I'll be surprised, but it will mean they think it's doable. What that entails who knows ?

My guess is Carlton will be nominated due to the ease of the process and the role he can take in the team.
Or they take Melbourne as the logical best fit for Cerra and leave Carlton as a backup plan. Unless there is a big difference in money, why would he pick Carlton over Melbourne unless he had no choice.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cerra and his management know Carlton is the easy option. If they choose Melbourne I'll be surprised, but it will mean they think it's doable. What that entails who knows ?

My guess is Carlton will be nominated due to the ease of the process and the role he can take in the team.
If that was the decision, and it seems to be the obvious one, why haven't they already announced it?

Given Richmond must think they are still in a flag window by going after Tarrant / Talia surely they are looking at some way to convince Cerra to join. He is going to make far more difference over the next 3 years compared to anyone they draft (and he’s still young after that anyway)

Given Richmond must think they are still in a flag window by going after Tarrant / Talia surely they are looking at some way to convince Cerra to join. He is going to make far more difference over the next 3 years compared to anyone they draft (and he’s still young after that anyway)
Exactly, I think they have taken themselves out of the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Sam Edmund is saying that there must be a player involved with Cerra to Melbourne

Richmond will be taking Talia or Tarrant as a protection for their young kids - let them develop at their own pace. It's what good clubs do.

Tigers have mature wingers in MacIntosh & Graham they dont need a 21 yo old kid who plays on wing. Tigers dont smash young kids.

Its looking more and more like Demons every day - 2-3 years on the wing, when his body is fully matured he moves into middle. In the meantime he learns from Viney, Oliver, Pettraca, plays on the opposite wing to his best mate Langdon on-field - Williams, Yze, Goody off field teachers and mentors.

If he goes to Carlton I smell an AFL investigation coming on OR did the AFL think Carlton back up to their old tricks and intervene by appointing Cook. Carlton wanted to split 6 and offer that. Demons offer 2 x 1st round picks (NO players) If he goes to Carlton he ends up a cripple like Cripps - the young lad can see the evidence for himself. New Carton coach will want draft picks.

Only chance he goes to Tigers is Freo accept pick 15. Cerra himself said "compensation" is out of his hands - what does that say?

Last edited:
Richmond will be taking Talia or Tarrant as a protection for their young kids - let them develop at their own pace. It's what good clubs do.

Tigers have mature wingers in MacIntosh & Graham that dont need a 21 yo old kid who plays on wing. Tigers dont smash young kids.

Its looking more and more like Demons every day - 2-3 years on the wing, when his body is fully matured he moves into middle. In the meantime he learns from Viney, Oliver, Pettraca on-field - Williams, Yze, Goody off field.

If he goes to Carlton I smell an AFL investigation coming on OR did the AFL think Carlton back up to their old tricks and intervene by appointing Cook.

Only chance he goes to Tigers is Freo accept pick 15. Cerra himself said "compensation" is out of his hands - what does that say?
Lol, if he went to the Tigers we'd get 7 and more and Cerra would so much better than McIntosh and Graham on the wing I dont even know what to say to that comment. He's 21 with 4 AFL seasons behind him, he's not 18

If Cerra leaves, we'll get pretty fair compensation whoever he nominates, its not about him wanting us compensated (I dont believe that), its about his main motivator being getting back to Vic. If Melbourne cant get the equivalent of a top 10 pick with a decent sweetener then he wont get there.

Interesting that Sam Edmund is saying that there must be a player involved with Cerra to Melbourne
These journalists are just spitballing. I can't see anyone on our list with major currency, that the club would consider trading to get Cerra. The young players in our best 23 (Jackson, Pickett, Rivers, Sparrow, Petty, Bowey, Jordon) are all on favourable contracts to the club, so it makes no sense from a cap management perspective. Then you have the untouchables who are superior to Cerra (Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, May, Lever, Viney). The rest are just role players who are worth more to Melbourne than on the trade market.

Unless a club has an interest in someone like Tomlinson, I can't see a required player being involved in the trade.

These journalists are just spitballing. I can't see anyone on our list with major currency, that the club would consider trading to get Cerra. The young players in our best 23 (Jackson, Pickett, Rivers, Sparrow, Petty, Bowey, Jordon) are all on favourable contracts to the club, so it makes no sense from a cap management perspective. Then you have the untouchables who are superior to Cerra (Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, May, Lever, Viney). The rest are just role players who are worth more to Melbourne than on the trade market.

Unless a club has an interest in someone like Tomlinson, I can't see a required player being involved in the trade.
Yeah its very strange hayy!!! No one should be on the trading block when ya make a grand final. Maybe internally the clubs knows of someone who wants out

Lol, if he went to the Tigers we'd get 7 and more and Cerra would so much better than McIntosh and Graham on the wing I dont even know what to say to that comment. He's 21 with 4 AFL seasons behind him, he's not 18

If Cerra leaves, we'll get pretty fair compensation whoever he nominates, its not about him wanting us compensated (I dont believe that), its about his main motivator being getting back to Vic. If Melbourne cant get the equivalent of a top 10 pick with a decent sweetener then he wont get there.

Wishingful thinking again - I've been at the Tigers for the last 4 out of 5 years - learning how to treat players and win premierships. I know Blair and Francis very well - mini rebuild coming. Unless Dockers prepared to accept 15. This year I went back to Demons because of Yze and Choco. ( probably tells you where i was before Tigers)

Last edited:

Richmond have said that they are taking their first two picks to the draft, so that rules them out, plus they do not want to pay Cerra 700 K p/a.

It's down to Blues and Dees.

Wishingful thinking again - I've been at the Tigers for the last 4 out of 5 years - learning how to treat players and win premierships. I know Blair and Francis very well - mini rebuild coming. Unless Dockers prepared to accept 15.

Wishful thinking.

Richmond have said that they are taking their first two picks to the draft, so that rules them out, plus they do not want to pay Cerra 700 K p/a.

Yep.
If he doesn’t nominate Carlton before the GF it’s likely he’s a Demon next year. Apparently the Melbourne presentation was super impressive. Now just to find some collateral.

I think we would be prepared to trade away our geelong 1st (15).

Wishingful thinking again - I've been at the Tigers for the last 4 out of 5 years - learning how to treat players and win premierships. I know Blair and Francis very well - mini rebuild coming. Unless Dockers prepared to accept 15/
Yes Dr Who, your revolutionary idea's of treating players well that you've mentioned several times, truly ground breaking stuff.

What's wishful thinking? If Tigers arent prepared to give up pick 7 that's fine and their choice and Cerra wont go there. I personally think Richmond are much better off getting Cerra than using pick 7 but I'm not going to pretend to have as much a clue as professional list teams.

Back