Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cerra and his management know Carlton is the easy option. If they choose Melbourne I'll be surprised, but it will mean they think it's doable. What that entails who knows ?

My guess is Carlton will be nominated due to the ease of the process and the role he can take in the team.
Ether way the best case scenario for Freo is a bidding war.
Cerra says he is happy to go to any one of Melbourne, Carlton or Richmond.
The only way he ends up at Melbourne is if Brayshaw is pert of the deal in my opinion. interestingly in his last comments he basically said he wouldn't be talking any trades with what's happening this week. Slightly different to his previous comments. It will also take another player in my opinion for Freo to agree. my trade suggestions all favour freo as I'm making suggestions based on the highest bidder at the trade table winning his services.
So Brayshaw and Rivers if Melbourne were prepared to do that trade then I think that would get it done.
Richmond. 7 and 15 with Freo's pick 27 coming back.
Carlton's first two picks pick 6 and 25

I don't think they can that is the problem.

Cerra's main preference may be for the Demons, but it's been reported in the media and his management that he is happy to go to any club that can give Freo a fair trade.

It's not one of those occasions where a player nominates one club in one state only.

Now you have a CEO in Cook - 1 minute I think it improves your chances of getting Cerra. Next minute I think no he will want to keep 6 & 24 start a build. He has 3 years to fix CFC and leave a premiership dynasty. IMHO probably more like your next CEO will chase player like Cerra - Cook more likely to invest in a defensive corner-stone building block. BUT only an opinion.

Richmond will be taking Talia or Tarrant as a protection for their young kids - let them develop at their own pace. It's what good clubs do.

Tigers have mature wingers in MacIntosh & Graham they dont need a 21 yo old kid who plays on wing. Tigers dont smash young kids.

Its looking more and more like Demons every day - 2-3 years on the wing, when his body is fully matured he moves into middle. In the meantime he learns from Viney, Oliver, Pettraca, plays on the opposite wing to his best mate Langdon on-field - Williams, Yze, Goody off field teachers and mentors.

If he goes to Carlton I smell an AFL investigation coming on OR did the AFL think Carlton back up to their old tricks and intervene by appointing Cook. Carlton wanted to split 6 and offer that. Demons offer 2 x 1st round picks (NO players) If he goes to Carlton he ends up a cripple like Cripps - the young lad can see the evidence for himself. New Carton coach will want draft picks.

Only chance he goes to Tigers is Freo accept pick 15. Cerra himself said "compensation" is out of his hands - what does that say?
Rubbish. Cerra is ideal for the Tigers. He already wins his own footy and he addresses the biggest issue at Richmond which is midfield kicking. He finished the year showing he can get 30 possessions and use the ball exceptionally well when he played more onball. He can aslo play on a wing. Dreaming if you think that pick 7 wouldn't be involved if Richmond were to make a play for him. Plus a bidding war looks like it might eventuate between Melbourne, Richmond and Carlton.

Issue is he might want to go to demons, and they obviously would love to get him there but Freo will want more than two end of first round compo picks. They’ll ask for a Jackson.. No. or Brayshaw.. seems like a heart and soul player so the dees
Wouldn’t want to lose him.. so you have a stalemate… Peter Bell isn’t going to roll over.. He’s a tough negotiator..
Out of interest, how’s Adam Kingsley at tigers as an operator.. I went to school with Adam. Champion bloke..
Only way the Melbourne trade happens is if Brayshaw is involved. I wouldn't read too much into a player avoiding any discussions about his future while their season is still going. They all do that when any speculation arises. Hogan did this for years and he ended up back here. If Melbourne put Rivers and Brayshaw on the table for trade then Freo does business.

Rubbish. Cerra is ideal for the Tigers. He already wins his own footy and he addresses the biggest issue at Richmond which is midfield kicking. He finished the year showing he can get 30 possessions and use the ball exceptionally well when he played more onball. He can aslo play on a wing. Dreaming if you think that pick 7 wouldn't be involved if Richmond were to make a play for him. Plus a bidding war looks like it might eventuate between Melbourne, Richmond and Carlton.

What like ... Melbourne bid 2022 1st .... Tigers bid 15 and Carlton bid 24? Geez on that think I might take Demons offer and use it on draft night.

Im not happy with any of them but Dockers dont set the price, you need the buyers to make you an offer. Dockers in a bit of a pickle with uncontracted player.

What like ... Melbourne bid 2022 1st .... Tigers bid 15 and Carlton bid 24? Geez on that think I might take Demons offer and use it on draft night.

Would never happen. If that was the case then why in the whole history of trades have clubs paid what they are worth? Players like Treloar, Sheil, Hogan, May, Saad, Judd etc.

If clubs went by your logic no club would expend anything in draft capital. You keep posting this stuff and it is a load of bollocks.

Im not happy with any of them but Dockers dont set the price, you need the buyers to make you an offer. Dockers in a bit of a pickle with uncontracted player.

They do.

They are not in a pickle at all, history tells us this.

I don't think they can that is the problem.

Cerra's main preference may be for the Demons, but it's been reported in the media and his management that he is happy to go to any club that can give Freo a fair trade.

It's not one of those occasions where a player nominates one club in one state only.
If he nominates a club then it will get done. Freo won’t like it but Melbourne’s first rounder next year and this years second and perhaps a third will have to do.

The club that Adam nominates holds the whip hand.

If he nominates a club then it will get done. Freo won’t like it but Melbourne’s first rounder next year and this years second and perhaps a third will have to do.

In no world does Fremantle accept that. I agree it will get done but Melbourne will have to bring in draft capital somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In no world does Fremantle accept that. I agree it will get done but Melbourne will have to bring in draft capital somehow.
We both agree that whatever club he nominates will get it done. Perhaps it’s a little more as you say. Melbourne are pretty decent to deal with.

We both agree that whatever club he nominates will get it done. Perhaps it’s a little more as you say. Melbourne are pretty decent to deal with.

Not if you're Fremantle, we've had the s**t end of the stick on deals with them the last few years, mostly due to our own incompetence.

I have no idea how they would get it done but I'm 99.9% sure it is not for anything less than a deal involving a top 10 pick.

Clubs always have a starting point and a finishing point - its called negotiations.

Only my humble opinion and happy to be wrong here is my suggested finishing points.

1. Melbourne - 2 x 1st Rounders
  2. Carlton - split 6 and 24 0r 6 & 24 for Cerra & 27 (But with Cook on board he will want to keep 6)
  3. Richmond 15 & late pick
But you are right when he offers his preference Freo wont like it - but he is uncontracted Buyers dictate the price.

If he was contracted I'd say 6 & 10 otherwise the door is that way BUT he is not.

Yeah they do. Sorry but if its a case of three teams he is prepared to go to then the Dockers have way more bargaining power than you seem to think. He is an uncontracted player who said he has no intention of leaving his former team high and dry. The same argument was used by West Coast supporters with Tim Kelly. No way Cerra heads to the draft with three teams looking to make a bid for him.

IMHO Fremantle owe us a favour for making Houseparty Hogan’s move home as easy and simple as possible.
Future first and some pick swaps is generous.
Yep. We gave you an early pick and extra. If you can't do the same you can burger off. Cerra's finish to the year was as good as any young mid in the comp. Hogan had a foot injury at the time of trading.

Clubs always have a starting point and a finishing point - its called negotiations.

Only my humble opinion and happy to be wrong here is my suggested finishing points.

1. Melbourne - 2 x 1st Rounders
  2. Carlton - split 6 and 24 0r 6 & 24 for Cerra & 27 (But with Cook on board he will want to keep 6)
  3. Richmond 15 & late pick
But you are right when he offers his preference Freo wont like it - but he is uncontracted Buyers dictate the price.

If he was contracted I'd say 6 & 10 otherwise the door is that way BUT he is not.
Yeah. You can shove all of those suggestions as they're not even close to genuine suggestions. I very much doubt you've watched Cerra play. No buyers don't dictate the price. Have a look at the Tim Kelly trade.

Yeah they do. Sorry but if its a case of three teams he is prepared to go to then the Dockers have way more bargaining power than you seem to think. He is an uncontracted player who said he has no intention of leaving his former team high and dry. The same argument was used by West Coast supporters with Tim Kelly. No way Cerra heads to the draft with three teams looking to make a bid for him.

Look on Bigfooty you can argue till the cows come home. In real life its up to the buyers to make you an offer. Team dont waste their time to appease bigfooty posters. Richmond I doubt will enter the race, Carlton under Cook probably should rebuild via draft and think more long-term. Melbourne, by all reports would welcome him with open arms but he is not an essential just great to have for a team playing in a grand final.

You want to win the trade I respect that. So do opposition supporters.

But in real life we try to get win/win deals & appologise if it does not meet ALL supporters expectation.

Over to Cerra to nominate his preference, hopefully partial led by Bell - where the previous Carlton team had him over a barrel.

Yeah. You can shove all of those suggestions as they're not even close to genuine suggestions. I very much doubt you've watched Cerra play. No buyers don't dictate the price. Have a look at the Tim Kelly trade.

Ok - I was generous with my Carlton and Richmond offers. But you are right I'm wrong ....

Carlton will pay 6 & 24 & more for an uncontracted player.

Melbourne needs to offer 5 & 18 & a player for an uncontracted player.

Happy now? otherwise what? What do we do?

Look on Bigfooty you can argue till the cows come home. In real life its up to the buyers to make you an offer. Team dont waste their time to appease bigfooty posters. Richmond I doubt will enter the race, Carlton under Cook probably should rebuild via draft and think more long-term. Melbourne, by all reports would welcome him with open arms but he is not an essential just great to have for a team playing in a grand final.

You want to win the trade I respect that. So do opposition supporters.

But in real life we try to get win/win deals & appologise if it does not meet ALL supporters expectation.

Over to Cerra to nominate his preference, hopefully partial led by Bell - where the previous Carlton team had him over a barrel.

You keep talking about real life. Can you provide a single example of this type of scenario playing out where the club wasn't compensated appropriately?

Jack Martin?

Back