Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry Snuff he is just taking the piss.

WC cant trade out their first rounder as the AFL rules deme that they must use a first rounder this draft as they haven't used one in the last three drafts.

He is just being a sh*te stirrer.
Oh, not worried about the trade suggestion happening, I'd put money SPS is traded for like a 3rd round upgrade or something. I'm just concerned for the cognitive abilities of someone that genuinely believes what he said...

Oh, not worried about the trade suggestion happening, I'd put money SPS is traded for like a 3rd round upgrade or something. I'm just concerned for the cognitive abilities of someone that genuinely believes what he said...

Yeah but he follows Carlton ..... so you have to question the cognitive ability from the get go. ;)

I'd want change from pick 6, be happy if he nominates Melbourne or someone else. He doesn't address either need for our midfield.

Yeah but he follows Carlton ..... so you have to question the cognitive ability from the get go. ;)

I'm not trying to be deliberately combative, but I'd be more inclined to put money on SPS netting Carlton a first round selection than I would be Cerra being traded for 6 and 25 outright. That has been suggested in this thread too and has largely gone unchallenged to the same degree, even supported.

I know you and I are on the same page re. a possible trade Snuff, but just saying...

I'm not trying to be deliberately combative, but I'd be more inclined to put money on SPS netting Carlton a first round selection than I would be Cerra being traded for 6 and 25 outright. That has been suggested in this thread too and has largely gone unchallenged to the same degree, even supported.

I know you and I are on the same page re. a possible trade Snuff, but just saying...
How much are you willing to put on this scenario? I'll put grand down right now.

All good KoL in am just stirring.

For what its worth I think as a neutral that Cerra is an outstanding young player and pick 6 and 25 with a Fremantle 3rd rounder going back is pretty much on the money.

Trouble is that this years picks may not be " doable " and it may well require future picks , alternatively and more likely a third or fourth Club will be needed to get the pick mix right for this year.

As for SPS we wont be forking out pick # 10 for him, more likely a second or a direct Brander - SPS swap, providing you have interest in Brander.

All good KoL in am just stirring.

For what its worth I think as a neutral that Cerra is an outstanding young player and pick 6 and 25 with a Fremantle 3rd rounder going back is pretty much on the money.

Trouble is that this years picks may not be " doable " and it may well require future picks , alternatively and more likely a third or fourth Club will be needed to get the pick mix right for this year.

As for SPS we wont be forking out pick # 10 for him, more likely a second or a direct Brander - SPS swap, providing you have interest in Brander.

Yeah I know, we just agree.

I think the Cerra 'trimmings' will be future 2nd and 3rds. SPS is boom or bust, I think 36 would do the job and gives both sides a decent chance of coming out of it ok.

There are 750 - 800 or so players in AFL.

Maybe 120 play mostly in the Midfield.

What range do you think Cerra is?

1 - 20 = Two early picks.
21 - 35 = First and Second.
36 -50 = First (5 - 12).
51 - 80 = Late First - Early Second.

4th Mid at Freo would put him at around 50 IMHO.

36 -50 = First (5 - 12).

You're going to get deservedly s**t on for this take...

Cerra is worth so much more than that. Zac Langdon was traded for pick 54, 12 months ago.

Once Adam nominates his preferred destination and is an OOC player it’s all over, watch Freo scurry around chest beating, it’s happened many times in recent years
AFL has to respect players mobility especially in these difficult COVID times, to be far from family and without their support is just not on.
All parties will facilitate this trade whomever the new destination club is , all is pending on Cerra’s nomination.

36 -50 = First (5 - 12).

Age means your table is unrealistic

The top 20 mids and the top 20 mids by trade value probably looks a bit different

Take 20 out of the top 50 who are to old

hey …. Would you believe it !!!!

6+25

It’s like some weird type of magic 🧙🏼‍♂️

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The top 20 mids and the top 20 mids by trade value probably looks a bit different

6+25

It’s like some weird type of magic 🧙🏼‍♂️

50th allowed for his age, potential and what he has achieved so far.
Pick 6 for Parker would be a good result because experienced players can also bring leadership.

So where would you rank him?

I dont think we'd get 6 and 25 outright but I'd be willing to bet that the end result will be a lot closer to 6 and 25 then SPS being worth anything close to a first round pick. I would frankly be stunned if WC give up even pick 36 for him, regardless of how harsh Carlton thinks he's be treated by Teague

6+25

It’s like some weird type of magic

More than you paid for peak Hogan?

Freo fans are deluded

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

50th allowed for his age, potential and what he has achieved so far.
Pick 6 for Parker would be a good result because experienced players can also bring leadership.

So where would you rank him?

Top 10 young mids

I think a lot of trades go wrong because the team getting the player pays to much for the past

You are getting Cerra in for the future

Tom Mitchell - traded for pick 14 at the same age Cerra is, after a year in which he averaged 28 disposals per game, got 12 Brownlow votes and was one of the best players on the ground in a grand final
The same year Dion Prestia would have been traded for pick 14 if Richmond had it. We had pick 6, so we traded that and the following year's 38 for Prestia and pick 24. Prestia had already established himself as one of the best clearance players in the game and an elite two-way runner.

Cerra's a good player. But he's not worth more than those two. Picks 6 and 25? I have some jousting sticks you might be interested in.

I’d say he’s easily worth more than those two. Mitchell left for more midfield opportunity and Prestia was older coming of two injury affected years.

Assuming he nominates Carlton they are parting with pick 6 for sure. The negotiations will be on what else gets thrown in

Pick 6 on its own would be a result for Freo.
So Cerra has 2-3 years of improvement before then?
Cerra is two years younger than Prestia was when traded. At Cerra's age, Prestia was already one of the leading clearance players in the game.

Prestia and Mitchell are both capable of being the #1 strike mid. Cerra is a complementary mid, a good #2 or #3 but he doesn't have the capacity to dominate first possession like the other two. Prestia is a much better runner too.

Cerra's a good player. If you get pick 6 you'll have done well.

I’d say he’s easily worth more than those two. Mitchell left for more midfield opportunity and Prestia was older coming of two injury affected years.

Assuming he nominates Carlton they are parting with pick 6 for sure. The negotiations will be on what else gets thrown in
If they get pick 6 for him they've got more than Sydney or Gold Coast got for Mitchell or Prestia.

Back