Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Ned Guy was betting on salary cap increase to cover for Grundy deal and COVID has massively backfired on him.
Does Grundy come out of this smelling like roses?

Squeezed every last drop of blood out of Collingwood in contract negotiations, and has managed to pretty much screw his own team in the process.

Then managed to play a pretty sub par year worth of footy.

Nah I factored that in - based on F2 being about pick 28
More like pick 19. Could the Bulldogs end up gaining points in exchange for picking up Adam Treloar for two thirds of his salary? :think:

More like pick 19. Could the Bulldogs end up gaining points in exchange for picking up Adam Treloar for two thirds of his salary? :think:

Pick 26, 33 and 42 = 1687
Pick 14 and F28 = 1838

Points difference is 151

Equates to Pick 60

This is the bulldogs F2 - so don't think they are going to be wooden spooners

Kept onto all three and pissed Jordan De Goey off.

Yeah, nah.

I think this serves the intended purpose better.

LOL. He’s given away three good players away for fu** all due to bad cap management.

I can’t believe you’d bother defending it.

Well if the idea is to significantly reduce salary, what other options are there, but to trade for draft picks?

Josh Daicos is out best young player (under 22).

Tom Phillips was garbage this year, and is one of the softest players in the league.

Treloar isn't our best mid, and has durability issues.

What would you have done in the situation?

Stephenson is an immensely talented player and has weapons Daicos doesn't have. The fact that Collingwood can't get the best out of him speaks as much about Collingwood as it does about Jaidyn. If Phillips is that bad, why pay them that much?

Treloar is often your best midfielder and rivals Pendlebury for influence. I get that Collingwood's hands were tied by past events and decisions, which proves to me that someone needs to be fired. Maybe it's not the recruiter. Maybe it's someone else. I don't know, but to get to this state is an awful example of list mismanagement. I also think that Collingwood completely mismanaged the messaging and should have been a bit more careful with what they say about players publicly.

What's the intended purpose? To blow the club up?

Significantly reduce salary while minimizing the on-field impact.

Treloar gave us half a season this year, and the other three did SFA. All may be questionably "soft" in their own way too (either physically or mentally).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's this attempted spin from Ned Guy...oh boy they don't think much of their fanbase do they?

"On behalf of Collingwood I would like to thank Adam for his service. He was a committed and strong performer for us and we wish him well.

For some time we have held the view that this year’s draft represents an excellent opportunity to address some of our needs. We think in the short term we can improve from within but we can also now strengthen the profile of our list for the medium and longer term. This deal improves significantly our ability to do that.

With the draft assets we now have, we also have the ability over the next couple of weeks to explore ways of improving our draft position further."

Yeah...you traded all these players for huge unders because you really wanted to get into this heavily compromised draft..

Significantly reduce salary while minimizing the on-field impact.

Treloar gave us half a season this year, and the other three did SFA. All may be questionably "soft" in their own way too (either physically or mentally).

Collingwood supporters are as reprehensible as the pricks in charge of the complete and udder sh*tshow down there.

Cox had a trigger for next year at $550k based on games played and reports are that he just scraped in after his late season recall.

Other reports say he was out of contract, but open to re-signing.

Without full transparency on all contracts, we're never going to know the truth.

Back