Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 21 - Demons v Pies Fri Aug 5th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got the Dees going back to back, I really think they will click when it counts.

That said if the Pies win this one they will make believers out of me. They’ve been fun to watch but this is a huge test.

I feel the same about the cats. It's usually the prelim isn't it?
Na it starts in the QF which is over by qtr time, then they win a soft semi... THEN the prelim which is over in 10 minutes

Then Scott uses a big word and makes excuses, before topping up again with a few more 33yo's

Been saying it for a couple of weeks now. Pies due for a loss, this might be it. Demons by 3 goals.
The Dees are still hot and cold with their pressure. The Pies match them well over the park, and can stop them marking the ball around the wings. And shut down their forward momentum.

The Pies will burst Melbourne's bubble this week, showing the Dees are still a bit bruise free.

If Grundy is ready - id bring him in this week

Cox has done a good job - however i watched the Port game - and i thought in the 2nd half Cox had just about run out of petrol tickets - and his ruck partner - the younger bloke - kicked a nice goal and played better

Miochech to come back in this week - and hopefully Howe is right to play - they are both very important at each end of the ground

Melb reigning premiers and all the rest of it - they get their act together they are clearly then the team to beat again this year

When Melb have struggled this year - its their forward line - the goals dry up - Weidaman didnt set the world on fire last week - thus their onballers and Fritch have to kick the goals

Melb were impressive against Frem - i think that form is a bit iffy though - Port- kicked 6 unanswered goals against them in perth - and Freo looked a bit of a rabble

It should be a good game - i mean 2 weeks ago the Dogs beat Melb - thus i dont know if you can say the Freo win has got everything back in allignment yet

The Dees are still hot and cold with their pressure. The Pies match them well over the park, and can stop them marking the ball around the wings. And shut down their forward momentum.

The Pies will burst Melbourne's bubble this week, showing the Dees are still a bit bruise free.
Gees - if we're bruise free, where does that leave your blokes?

If Grundy is ready - id bring him in this week

Cox has done a good job - however i watched the Port game - and i thought in the 2nd half Cox had just about run out of petrol tickets - and his ruck partner - the younger bloke - kicked a nice goal and played better

Miochech to come back in this week - and hopefully Howe is right to play - they are both very important at each end of the ground

Melb reigning premiers and all the rest of it - they get their act together they are clearly then the team to beat again this year

When Melb have struggled this year - its their forward line - the goals dry up - Weidaman didnt set the world on fire last week - thus their onballers and Fritch have to kick the goals

Melb were impressive against Frem - i think that form is a bit iffy though - Port- kicked 6 unanswered goals against them in perth - and Freo looked a bit of a rabble

It should be a good game - i mean 2 weeks ago the Dogs beat Melb - thus i dont know if you can say the Freo win has got everything back in allignment yet
Petty, May and Lever in produces results most of the time. The mids really got to work last week too.

For me, I think we'll get the job done, I don't think we will belt the plucky Pies, though. Collingwood seems a very happy and connected footy club at the moment, well done to McRae.

The best contested side in the game is bruise free :$

The best contested side in the game is bruise free :$
We’re bottom 6 for contested possessions in the comp and something like bottom 3 for clearances since Grundy went down. You’d think the Dees will have a field day on Friday night.

We’re bottom 6 for contested possessions in the comp and something like bottom 3 for clearances since Grundy went down. You’d think the Dees will have a field day on Friday night.
Nah we're still susceptible to good fast ball movement which is the prototype for the Pies. I reckon there's a 8 goal band from a 6 goal win to the Dees to a 2 goal win to the Pies based on how good our pressure is on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not confident, the Pies match up very well against us and are playing with maximum confidence. Will be a good game that could go either way.

I'm all for fair criticism of Melbourne, but calling a team with Viney, May, Petracca, Oliver, Petty, Sparrow, Brayshaw, Hibberd, Harmes etc 'bruise-free' is pretty funny.

You don't often get to be the number one contested team and number one defensive team for two years running by being bruise-free.

No shame to finally drop a game against the Dees. They are the reigning premier, a fantastic playing group and they are back in form looking like a real contender once again. We can't keep winning, it is impossible, the inevitable loss is on the way, it has been coming for probably 6 weeks and it will most likely arrive on Friday night.

Really though, what hope does little 'ol Collingwood have against such a powerful force such as the Dees? How can we compete against them when we can only win a game of footy by a few points every time against lowly opposition? What chance does David have over Goliath? How do we take down this monster of a unit? I don't know, but I have a funny feeling......

Pies by 2 pts

Should be a good one. Melbourne appear to have flicked the switch and are now focused on making their premiership run.
Probably ends up being one of those games where Collingwood find themselves on the other end and have to try to hold onto a lead in the final quarter.
I love how people say 'Melbourne are back' after one good performance in a row.

We were all told 'Melbourne were back' after they thumped Brisbane at the 'G, and their form has been very patchy between then and last week.

Melbourne's best is probably the best in it, but they are still a long way from where they were in September 2021.

I love how people say 'Melbourne are back' after one good performance in a row.

We were all told 'Melbourne were back' after they thumped Brisbane at the 'G, and their form has been very patchy between then and last week.

Melbourne's best is probably the best in it, but they are still a long way from where they were in September 2021.

True but I don't think they are playing anything close to their best footy just yet. Although they found a way to lose to the Bulldogs, they played much better and certainly went up another gear last week.
If they can duplicate that form and have Gawn gaining more and more fitness as the weeks progress, they will hit September in solid form.

I am expecting Melbourne to turn it on from here as they make a run for back to back premierships. I don´t think Melbourne lose again now until maybe they play Geelong. I could be completely wrong but that´s how I see it. Expecting Melbourne´s pressure to go up a notch.

People holding on to memories hoping they are still true. I still remember my kids as toddlers, carrying them around on my shoulders, the joy and hope and laughs we had. Now that is a distant memory but I want those days back, desperately so especially when times are tough and the chook is too tough to eat.

And so the Pies - after the last 2 years of pigeon holing them as rooted, a club in turmoil getting rid of stars and keeping the tattooed yob, the exit of Eddie Arbuckle, the media frenzy each time the club flatuates, they have been charactetised in a certain way in the past, and now that that characterisation doesn't match the reality now, let's all run like feckless scaredy cats into the past. That usually works.

Fact is Pies are competitive and resilient in an even comp. Their younger players have gone up a level in performance. They are now coached by an open minded man and not hobbled by a puritan lacking flair and humour. The club is no longer led by a buffoon. The Pie masses are out in numbers, and many of them have had their teeth fixed and a read a picture book during covid lockdowns. But lets pretend none of this has happened.

Dees are ripe for this one, Pies will think. They dont play four qtrs, the forward line is not quite there, the Pies unusual way forward may decrease the effectiveness of Lever and May. And the Pies are relaxed and free.

Pies by a goal. Don't say I told you so.

I really dont think we are ‘bruise free’. We might be a lot of things, but we aren’t bruise free.

Na it starts in the QF which is over by qtr time, then they win a soft semi... THEN the prelim which is over in 10 minutes

Then Scott uses a big word and makes excuses, before topping up again with a few more 33yo's
ROAR!

No shame to finally drop a game against the Dees. They are the reigning premier, a fantastic playing group and they are back in form looking like a real contender once again. We can't keep winning, it is impossible, the inevitable loss is on the way, it has been coming for probably 6 weeks and it will most likely arrive on Friday night.

Really though, what hope does little 'ol Collingwood have against such a powerful force such as the Dees? How can we compete against them when we can only win a game of footy by a few points every time against lowly opposition? What chance does David have over Goliath? How do we take down this monster of a unit? I don't know, but I have a funny feeling......

Pies by 2 pts
Little David smashed Goliath.

Back