Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we start a poll on which option is most likely and see the real life results in 9/12 months?

View attachment 847864

I think that's going to be the massive next impasse the state and federal government debate over.

The feds have basically said they are going to work on the "homeowner" to "renter" scenarios

Been handballed to a state problem whom doesn't have a budget for it.

Just quietly $1100 a fortnight probably isn't going to cover it.

Then we start splitting all this cases in different scenarios some households will continue working and earning. Some will be destroyed financially, even with loan repayments stopping interest keeps coming.

So really what doesn't this mean for homeowners and renters?

When millions lose jobs I see this as the next nightmare hurdle. They can't even manage to work out there own "centrelink" fiasco.

World was heading into financial turmoil abroad and in Australia and they assumed a system that handles 55 thousand at one time with limited branches per state was going to cut the mustard 😂😂

Like it is unprecedented but eventually you just have to eventually get in front of the pack and take a hit for the team.

You can't skirt the packs forever and expect to win the game.

Last 24 hours: 1172 new cases. 112 dead.

On the surface seems odd given they’re the 131st largest nation by land mass and have the 64th most citizens (17.7m) but they do rank 4th for population density so makes some sense

Leaders of the free world and self proclaimed greatest nation on earth, my arse.

First world country. Pffft.
massacre each other with gay abandon, have woeful healthcare and elect an utter moron with no scruples to lead them.

I genuinely pity the United States and have zero intention or desire to ever travel there.

Leaders of the free world and self proclaimed greatest nation on earth, my arse.

I posted a week ago that those with money would be ok and those without would not and thats how ****ed up thi system is.

Case in point.

Go Catters

I posted a week ago that those with money would be ok and those without would not and thats how f’ed up thi system is.

Case in point.

Go Catters
I saw a few hours back that 27.7m Americans (we have less people that total) have no health insurance, then you add in underinsured and those that this crisis will make redundant and lose their employment based access to benefits. It’s nuts.

- Guns
- Healthcare

Two things they could fix easily if they looked Down Under but money has corrupted both.

I know you’ve been there ages and probably love the place in so many ways but I do pity the US.

Mate 12 days ago you were saying herd immunity is coming you don't think there is scenario it doesn't happen....

Now we are in your literal definition of "flattening the curve"

Your a wave of emotion and theories...

Honestly if you think we are in a flattening period alright I will take that point of view on board. Maybe you are right, but sometimes we jump the gun everyone's been there.

16th March

Herd immunity would be around 14 million infected in 2020
I also wasn't expecting virtual lockdown of the economy. Fair to say a bit has changed since then.

I saw a few hours back that 27.7m Americans (we have less people that total) have no health insurance, then you add in underinsured and those that this crisis will make redundant and lose their employment based access to benefits. It’s nuts.

- Guns
- Healthcare

Two things they could fix easily if they looked Down Under but money has corrupted both.

I know you’ve been there ages and probably love the place in so many ways but I do pity the US.
its a s**t hole and I hate it here.

Im still here for work and making $$ so that hopefully in 15-20 years time the kids are set up and the wifey and I can roll off into the sunset comfortably.

Its a s**t hole be under no misconceptions of my view of this place.

GO Catters

- Guns
- Healthcare

Nothing can be fixed. Unfortunately for so many being on the Right is a way of life not just a voting preference.
Even if it's bad for themselves. (Which it is)
If the Republicans had a policy that everyone who votes Republican gets their house burnt down, They'd still vote for them!!!!!!
Makes it impossible to get anything through the Senate no matter who wins.
Over a third of their country are even more backward than Queenslanders here.

I also wasn't expecting virtual lockdown of the economy. Fair to say a bit has changed since then.

We continually saw that overseas China, Europe complete lockdown. Recession was almost a given. And is guaranteed now that was no different 12 days ago....

This country was releasing 20 billion stimulus packages then.

Trillions were being lost... across the globe stockmarkets in chaos.

So I'm not sure how you expect with herd immunity things to be financially sound or would basically be x100 to how things are trending right now.

Nothing can be fixed. Unfortunately for so many being on the Right is a way of life not just a voting preference.
Even if it's bad for themselves. (Which it is)
If the Republicans had a policy that everyone who votes Republican gets their house burnt down, They'd still vote for them!!!!!!
Makes it impossible to get anything through the Senate no matter who wins.
Over a third of their country are even more backward than Queenslanders here.
The dumbocrats are even worse. That piece of human garbage pelosi rejected the us stimulus bill, cause she wanted funding for a whole range of things that had nothing to do with the coronavirus, and propping up the economy. And called trumps ban on chinese arrivals racist.

Only after the general public got angry about it did they finally sign the bill. Imagine playing party politics in a time like this, trying to make trump look bad. Hell even labor didn’t do that here, we have been largely bi-partisan. Never thought i’d see that here after the last few years of government carnage.

We continually saw that overseas China, Europe complete lockdown. Recession was almost a given. And is guaranteed now that was no different 12 days ago....

This country was releasing 20 billion stimulus packages then.

Trillions were being lost... across the globe stockmarkets in chaos.

So I'm not sure how you expect with herd immunity things to be financially sound or would basically be x100 to how things are trending right now.
You realise that I'm telling you I was wrong right? Although I'm fairly certain that I never said things would be financially sound, and the herd immunity is a function of number of people with it so it's a sign that you failed to control it. At the time we did not appear remotely able to control this and I expected the exponential to continue. What I'm saying is that I was wrong and the data appears to show that new cases are not following an exponential growth curve. That last part seems hardly controversial.

You realise that I'm telling you I was wrong right? Although I'm fairly certain that I never said things would be financially sound, and the herd immunity is a function of number of people with it so it's a sign that you failed to control it. At the time we did not appear remotely able to control this and I expected the exponential to continue. What I'm saying is that I was wrong and the data appears to show that new cases are not following an exponential growth curve. That last part seems hardly controversial.

my mistake

The dumbocrats are even worse. That piece of human garbage pelosi rejected the us stimulus bill, cause she wanted funding for a whole range of things that had nothing to do with the coronavirus, and propping up the economy. And called trumps ban on chinese arrivals racist.

Only after the general public got angry about it did they finally sign the bill. Imagine playing party politics in a time like this, trying to make trump look bad. Hell even labor didn’t do that here, we have been largely bi-partisan. Never thought i’d see that here after the last few years of government carnage.
Yeah don't get me started on them. There even worse! Focussed on appearances and outrage over every slight non issue and would rather whinge than want social change.
And at the same time they receive plenty from corporations themselves.
Trump won!! Deal with it. Why not stand for something and try and win than just whine.
The lefty woke w**nker s**t is increasingly starting to become a way of life too.
And it's far worse. At least the other side like to have a bit of fun and not censor everything.
Who would of thought the left would of been shutting down free speech and trying to take rights away. Embarrassing.
Ahhh, another rant.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its a s**t hole and I hate it here.

Im still here for work and making $$ so that hopefully in 15-20 years time the kids are set up and the wifey and I can roll off into the sunset comfortably.

Its a s**t hole be under no misconceptions of my view of this place.

GO Catters

Fair to say Daz that people need to remember every state is a little different. LA is different to Portland is different to Louisville is different to New York etc. Don’t disagree about aspects of the big cities though.

Yeah don't get me started on them. There even worse! Focussed on appearances and outrage over every slight non issue and would rather whinge than want social change.
Trump won!! Deal with it. Why not stand for something and try and win than just whine.
The lefty woke w**nker s**t is increasingly starting to become a way of life too.
And it's far worse. At least the other side like to have a bit of fun and not censor everything.
Who would of thought the left would of been shutting down free speech and trying to take rights away. Embarrassing.
Ahhh, another rant.
And let me guess, centrists are too wishy-washy? The sooner we move away from sweeping generalisations and deal with nuances the better.

Fair to say Daz that people need to remember every state is a little different. LA is different to Portland is different to Louisville is different to New York etc. Don’t disagree about aspects of the big cities though.
It’s a consistent vibe country wide.. and it’s not good.. but I take your point

Go Catters

Would be nice if countries decide to start making stuff in house again because of this to
That's where it has to start.And China needs to be put on notice to that their behavior in these matters can not continue if they want to maintain their standing in the world of trade.Looking forward to their financial contribution to the world in fighting this covid19,but expect crickets from them pricks.

Ahhh, another rant.
Nearly 4 years on and still sooking about hillary losing. Hopefully current issues will make these woke tossers realise how incredibly stupid and pointless their whingefests actually were.

As they say, tough times breed tough people. We have had decades of good times, so it’s no wonder it bred so many soft pansies. This might be the reality check the world needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back