Australia tour of New Zealand, 2021- 5 T20 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we get no more calls for NZ teams to join the BBL if its that bad

Throw Warner, Smith, Starc, Cummins etc into the side and things may look a lot different.

Realistically we’re relying on 7-8 players performing to be competitive (we’re actually a good side with these guys and Finch in form). Given the above four aren’t playing and Finch is in the worst form of his life, we’ve genuinely got three players (Maxwell, Zampa and Agar) who are certain to be in our World T20 squad playing currently. One could argue Marsh and/or Stoinis as well but neither have settled into a role in international T20s. The rest of the quicks are fighting for a spot at best.

Last edited:
True, still need a better showing over the next 4 matches though
I'm still intrigued on how they handle Finch if he misses out again.
If he wasn't captain, he wouldn't have been there and you could've opened
with Philippe.

I think either Dorf or Meredith should come in for Kane Richardson.
Give Sams another go.

Give Wade another crack and give McDermott a try maybe.

I doubt there will be many changes if any for the next game though.

I'm still intrigued on how they handle Finch if he misses out again.
If he wasn't captain, he wouldn't have been there and you could've opened
with Philippe.

I think either Dorf or Meredith should come in for Kane Richardson.
Give Sams another go.

Give Wade another crack and give McDermott a try maybe.

I doubt there will be many changes if any for the next game though.

If Finch was not captain the stand out replacement is Maxwell.

We are the nice guys of cricket.

Warner would never get a game for the Black Caps, we have a no dickheads policy.

Name a dickhead that played for the Black Caps? I dare you.

erm are the black caps not the same team who stood as a young Graeme smith walked onto the field and abused the s**t out of him in a targeted attack ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least give us an option to listen to the Kiwi commentary.
From what I gather there was at least 2 tv crew today. Saw Craig McMillan at the toss I'm assuming to do coverage for the local NZ team, and the Foxsports/KayoSports team covering it from the studios based in Australia.

Yeah have to agree, the remote commentary today was shocking. Sounded like a group of mates sitting around the pub tv and talking s**t. Hope the use of Fox commentators for Australian overseas tours doesn’t continue much longer.

Reckon the Big 4 for me in cricketing commentary at the moment: Ian Smith, Ian Bishop, Harsha Bhogle and Mike Atherton.

Don't mind listening to any of those guys, whether it be T20, tests or ODI.

Best Australian, from a very low quality list- I do like Gilly still and Hussey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back