Australia v New Zealand 2nd Test at the MCG December 26-30

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Young, Conway and Blundell are likely going to be feature for the team by the end of next year.

You can get upset about it. But it’s not a howler.
3 reds = howler. 1 or 2 orange indications is a much more circumspect prospect and could be classed as "not a howler"..

I don't get this specificity on saying "the system was brought in to remove the howler" when it's clearly evolved from that point and has many more reasons to exist since then.

why not? it's clearly a good tracking... it looked out live, at best it was barely sliding leg side... so 51% of the ball inline with the edge of leg stump is 100% reasonable.

It didn’t look out live

Also, how the projection can find that ‘hitting’ but the Wagner to Head one ‘umpires call’ is ridiculous

DRS lottery strikes again. Going down leg. Seriously how is ball tracking calculated? Can it be recalerbrated somehow or just turned into a straight line and used as a guide only? Imo can interpret bounce and swing

Looks like the drunk NZ yobbo contingent lost about 60% of their members.

Not sure that LBW was hitting as much as the DRS said it was to be honest. Have been a bit suspicious of if the system is being accurate all Test.

Three straight days of that can be difficult to back up from. I'm assuming they didn't go straight home for bikkies and cocoa after stumps too. A few more might wobble in around lunch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Test batsman averaging 35 is simply not good enough.
Like Paine averaging 30, actually 20 since he came back in.
Burns another one

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's fine when the team is winning and you have 3 world class batsman smashing them everywhere around those players.
Burns is the only one I'm still worried about but no one is demanding to take his spot.

You mean Paine? No way is a keeper replacing the number 5 batsman when he is isn't banging the door down with runs to earn it.

Wade still averaging 35 odd since returning to the side. Also values his wicket. Can't see him going anywhere for a while.

Bat Head at 5, Carey 6, Paine 7.

Paine will obviously stay until Smith's probation period is over.

groom Carey into the side as a batsmen 1st, then give him the gloves once Paine is ready to leave. That way by the time the Ashes are here next Carey will be settled in the side.

Blundell looks pretty good tbh, he should be taking Nicols spot if he isn't scoring runs.

Could be more than handy against the older ball.

Playing out of position and hasn't looked out of his depth or played scared look the others.

Mate, you don’t drop Nicholls. He’s a ten year player in that middle order

It's fine when the team is winning and you have 3 world class batsman smashing them everywhere around those players.
Burns is the only one I'm still worried about but no one is demanding to take his spot.
I would take it for a young bloke establishing himself in the team but for an old bloke without much of a future I am a bit of a sceptic. Bring in a future prospect and give them a summer. Possibly average the same and we have invested. Would also get them out of the big bash which is another bonus

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's 25 years to the day since Shane Warne took a Test hat trick at the MCG. I wonder if one of our blokes can mark the occasion by doing it today.

Marnus?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back