Australia v Sri Lanka; 2nd Test @ Manuka Oval Feb 1-5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would have thought the Sri Lankan medium quicks would have created so many questions about Harris' technique? Footwork is very average.
Correct but let's be honest all our batsmen are a bit the same. Probably another result of slog cricket where people are looking to back away and smash rather than get to the pitch or get in and play through the line.

Tough one. Harris disappointing in this match, but his first 5 tests all yielded positive results. He scored a 44 just a week ago don't forget. He will be kicking himself about this game though. I'd still want him in the squad for the Ashes. Best performed batsman for his country against the number 1 team in the world in a 4 match series should count for something.

Tough one. Harris disappointing in this match, but his first 5 tests all yielded positive results. He scored a 44 just a week ago don't forget. He will be kicking himself about this game though. I'd still want him in the squad for the Ashes. Best performed batsman for his country against the number 1 team in the world in a 4 match series should count for something.

Its not a tough one 6 tests no hundreds....warner comes straight back in

another awful shot from harris. outside off, no footwork, unnecessary shot. it's not going to swing back in and bowl you from that angle, so what are you doing? play a proper cover drive or nothing at all.

and khawaja swinging at crap outside off with no footwork after just coming in. **** sake. this guy is meant to be a senior batsman. just asking to get out.

Correct but let's be honest all our batsmen are a bit the same. Probably another result of slog cricket where people are looking to back away and smash rather than get to the pitch or get in and play through the line.

I agree, but when I first saw Harris against India, his lack of footwork was nowhere near as evident as it has been against Sri Lanka. T20 has ruined batsmanship forever, we just need to grin and bare it unfortunately.

Say we made 100 and they made 300? It's a hypothetical scenario in your favour.

Had that happened then atleast the game was moving quickly.
Do you really think the pace attack with 5 games between them and no average below 35 in FC is bowling even this Aus lineup out for under 100?

Your entire argument hinges on the idea that this SL side is competitive with Aus on any pitch and not one of the worst sides to tour Aus since Zimbabwe.

So many questions for England. The only locks are a Warner, Smith, Paine and Cummins. Hopefully Richo and I think Starc plays.

Makes the rest of the shield season interesting and I’m hanging out for the Aus v Aus A test in England more than the World Cup!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not a tough one 6 tests no hundreds....warner comes straight back in

I'm not in the camp that suggests 100's count for everything. It would be beneficial of course, but so far in 5 of his 6 tests, Harris has made it beyond double figures every time, seen off the new ball, posted two half centuries and just missed one on another occasion. Burns has probably overtaken him now with the superb 180, but it would be ridiculous to cast Marcus aside when he has still done quite a bit right. Has to be in the squad at least.

Do you really think the pace attack with 5 games between them and no average below 35 in FC is bowling even this Aus lineup out for under 100?

Your entire argument hinges on the idea that this SL side is competitive with Aus on any pitch and not one of the worst sides to tour Aus since Zimbabwe.

You seem to think that this isn't an Australian batting line up containing an opener who gets out in the same way every innings, a number 3 who can't move his feet, a bloke playing his 2nd test and a keeper who has one FC century in his career. This is the worst Australian batting line up and era ever. That 550 was a complete false flag

So many questions for England. The only locks are a Warner, Smith, Paine and Cummins. Hopefully Richo and I think Starc plays.

Makes the rest of the shield season interesting and I’m hanging out for the Aus v Aus A test in England more than the World Cup!
Patterson & Burns are locks

Mendis is a machine, fantastic :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back