Australian Open - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

eat-humble-pie-2012-06-11.jpg

Wow cant believe he did it.

What a win.

Nadal's press conference will be extremely interesting

on ya Birdy!
Awesome match. Rooting for him now. Probably won't get another golden opportunity to win a slam than right now. 29 years of age and his chances of beating Murray (let alone Kyrgios), would almost be as close to even money odds as what they'll ever be.

Old Berdych would've wet his pants serving at 4-4 in the third. He was impressive.

Thought Nadal if he could find his top would've been the only one to roll Novak though. Might just ship it all in now for some bank interest...

Old Berdych would've wet his pants serving at 4-4 in the third. He was impressive.

Thought Nadal if he could find his top would've been the only one to roll Novak though. Might just ship it all in now for some bank interest...

Milos is going to seriously test Novak I think. The first set odds are ridiculous! $4.00 for Raonic to take the opening set?
If it heads into a tie-break, like Berdych, that serve is going to be nearly impossible to crack, especially given Raonic's elevation over the last year. He's a completely different player today than when he exited the 3rd round last year here in Melbourne.

That win was for all his doubters. Tomas of old would've thrown that away. He's a changed man in 2015. Striking the ball MUCH more confidently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true the head to head for Berdych v Murray is in Berdman's favour 6-4?

3 of the wins for Berdych have been on clay though.

Their only meeting in a slam on a hard court was at the US Open in 2012, also at the semi final where Murray won in 4 then beat Djokovic in 5 in the final.

They might as well give Djoker the trophy now.

Berdych is so god damn boring to watch. The only interesting thing about his matches is his fiance.

Djoker has this title wrapped up if he performs anywhere near his best. Murray is the only real threat to beat him IMO and even then it's a small chance.

Live odds as of right now on Betfair after Nadal's loss.

Djoker $1.85
Murray $4.60
Berdych $9.60
Nishikori $14
Wawrinka $20
Raonic $44
Kyrgios $60

I think Stan can again trouble him if they meet in the Semi-final.
Stan and Djoker have had 2 epic matches here, would love to see that as a semi final. I agree Stan could trouble again, I love him but just think Djoker will get revenge.

I reckon Djoker may have a harder semi than final.

Have to laugh, a few days ago people were labeling Berdych a flog after his controversy in 2012.

Now the online ticketing system for his bandwagon is crashing with traffic

Stan and Djoker have had 2 epic matches here, would love to see that as a semi final. I agree Stan could trouble again, I love him but just think Djoker will get revenge.

I reckon Djoker may have a harder semi than final.

Depends who's in the semi final and final, if it's Murray then he's playing a guy who he's played in 4 grand slam finals and only won 2 of them.

Still a probably 70ish% favorite but not a certainty.

Djokervic and Raonic are really good friends and live in the same town (Monte Carlo). Spent the whole pre-season training with each other, using each other's support staff. Will be a good match.

The Djoker is just warming up though - I really cant see Raonic winning.

Raonic is too weak from the back of the court to beat the top guys in best of 5, all his wins are best of 3 sets at smaller tournaments where sometimes the top guys aren't as motivated and don't perform like they do at Slams, show me his big slam wins, i don't think he really has any.

I think to beat Novak you have to be able to compete with him from the back of the court i just don't see Raonic as a threat, Nishikori/Stan/Murray all a much better chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back